It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:05 pm 

Well they should have beaten Ireland as well, and apparently they were unlucky against Wales...so potentially they could be 3 from 4 and a title chance!

I think they're in Australia's pool at the world cup later this year. If it's wet they might be a challenge. Can't see them staying within 20 points if it's dry.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 am 

borracho wrote:
surprised Greg Inglis has lost weight.
not surprised jared waerea-hargreaves is still the biggest fuck playing sport in australia.

Yeah GI looked fit enough, didn't get much ball though, scored a try. A great comeback from Souths, when they have the ball and want to play they are hard to stop, their defence just needs attention.
And yeah Hargreaves plays hard and tough but hes a knucklehead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:13 am 

hargreaves is dirty as and arrogant. simon dwyer hitting him last year is up there with lockyer lifting the trophy for mine. yeah, souths just seem to have a problem with will and consistency. so many basic errors. sutton frustrates me to no end. i think sandow will always be a serviceable half and nothing more but sutton has some serious ability. and i wouldn't expect too much from gi early on. to be frank he's always been a bit of myth during regular season matches but the guy sure knows how to put a show on the big stage.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:32 am 

Sutton frustrates me too, when he runs the ball and is in motion hes dangerous, his game is hot and cold. Inglis either needs good ball given or be at 5/8th so he can handle the ball more, Sutton may be best suited to lock and play right side which suits his passing game better and he can run the football more. Three forwards injured long term is not a good for Souths, maybe Sutton needs to go to lock GI 5/8th and bring in another centre maybe Vai Vai but his defence is poor at times. Taanoa frustrates me too , you dont know what hes going to do.
You re right with Sandow too he isn't very creative and needs to develop a better kicking game.
Broncos weren't flash friday but can improve and with Hodges in the backs will add experience.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:40 pm 

Is there another world cup or major sporting event with a better song than "World in Union" (used for the rugby world cup)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAzpdod ... re=related

This 2007 version just fires me up so much.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm 

Not many rugby fans round here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 pm 

Where are you from sodacake? Are you a rugby fan?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:27 am 

BRONCOS.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:49 pm 

fark me, parra's recruiting is so absurd. i know mortimer and robson are nigh useless but 550k a year for a fat, bludging, grub like sandow is massive overs. same for the titans signing the overtly overrated idris.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:00 pm 

lol@ richo and rusty having a whinge as well. you've been buying up everyone for the past few years you stupid tossers. look at how they ditched champion (one of their own) for inglis. the culture at souths is totally fucked. bunch of indulgent, primma donnas. a long, long way off getting anywhere near a premiership.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm 

If I made a list of the best teams to the worst teams of the last decade I would put South Sydney at #16 without hesitation. Fuck, I don't want Sandow at Parra at all. We already have the worst halves in the competition.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 pm 

Yeah, massive waste of money. I thought Parra were going to get Quade Cooper for next season. Doubt that will happen now.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:40 pm 

borracho wrote:
lol@ richo and rusty having a whinge as well. you've been buying up everyone for the past few years you stupid tossers. look at how they ditched champion (one of their own) for inglis. the culture at souths is totally fucked. bunch of indulgent, primma donnas. a long, long way off getting anywhere near a premiership.

I agree, im a souths fan as you know, but Richo whinging is a joke, Crowe has lured players with his profile and money and souths have tried to buy a comp and failed.I dont blame Sandow for leaving for ridiculous money at Parra, but he is not worth 500k, but parra are a desperate club that hasnt had a decent long term half since Stirling. Sandow is inconsistent and too off the cuff, but this season he has been more structured and is running more, he has improvement in him still and has potential to be a very good half. I think Parra are looking for a marketable player and one that will bring more through the gates and Sandow can do that. It pisses me off when players say i didnt go for the money, fuck off you did go for the money simple.
As for Beau champion, i was and still am dissapointed that he was let go to accommodate Inglis,ideally having both would be best, but Champion is better value, he had souths passion and pride and gave his all and crossed the tryline quite consistently, Inglis is going ok , hes made a few good line breaks, set up a few tries and scored a couple, but not worth is price at this stage.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:41 pm 

MintCondition wrote:
Yeah, massive waste of money. I thought Parra were going to get Quade Cooper for next season. Doubt that will happen now.

I like Cooper he has great attacking ability and would fit into league stright away, his defence is ordinary at times though, if Cooper and sandow were halves at parra i know where teams would run.

Last edited by John G on Sat May 07, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:55 pm 

Hang wrote:
If I made a list of the best teams to the worst teams of the last decade I would put South Sydney at #16 without hesitation. Fuck, I don't want Sandow at Parra at all. We already have the worst halves in the competition.

Youre probably right, but in defence to that they re entred the premiership in 2002 with little help from the NRL, virtually no money and only become competitive again when crowe became owner. Its amazing though that a club that is apparently the worst in a decade has the highest merchandise and club members of any team in the NRL for the last three years. As a Parramatta fan hang you would be first to admit that they are a basket case too, they under acheive, buy poorly, swap coaches, etc, this year they are the worst team for sure. In 2009 they over acheived by making the GF that they were never going to win, they got there on the back of Hayne playing like a freak, Moi Moi was unstoppable and teams taking them lightly.
As far as Sandow goes, just wait and see how he goes before writing him off, he may be what Parra needs, at the moment they have no direction, creativity or spark in the halves, sandow at least will try and create something, his kicking game has improved, and he has an 85% goal kicking rate, not a bad back up kicker for Burt?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next