DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Review A DDDer's Last.fm Radio
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:23 pm 

I liked this thread back when it was really popular. Here's to hoping we get some traffic on this new one.

Post subject: Re: Review A DDDer's Last.fm Radio
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:39 am 

One of my favorite threads from awhile back. Anyways here's me lastfm link to get things going again. http://www.last.fm/user/JeffSchu

It's a start at least. How's it going Piper???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:59 am 

Aww shit, it's the motherfuckin' Schu!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 am 

I somehow just assumed you said that in the Lil Wayne voice ....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:37 am 

Georgi wrote:
Aww shit, it's the motherfuckin' Schu!

Hey Georgi, what's shakin??? Been quite sometime since I've been around these parts. I wonder if anything's new around here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 pm 

oh wow, I kinda forgot I made this thread again for this new forum. Nice to see you're back, Jeff. :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:55 pm 

I'll listen to your station Schu. Im in the category of "I just plain dont get metal" so could be eyeopening

Opeth-Dirge For November: 2/10
I dont get it

Queensryche: 3/10
so cheesy

Ozzy Ozbourne-I Don't Know: 6/10
Ozzy's ok

Gamma Ray-Afterlife: 0/10

Boards of Canada-Turquoise Hexagon Sun: 9/10
not only a song I like but one of the best boards of canada songs there is.

Melvins-Teet: 7/10
Really dig the groove here

I'm just gonna stop here thinking its not gonna get better if I go forward. No offense Schu but it just isnt for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 am 

zephead8 wrote:
I'll listen to your station Schu. Im in the category of "I just plain dont get metal" so could be eyeopening

Opeth-Dirge For November: 2/10
I dont get it

Queensryche: 3/10
so cheesy

Ozzy Ozbourne-I Don't Know: 6/10
Ozzy's ok

Gamma Ray-Afterlife: 0/10

Boards of Canada-Turquoise Hexagon Sun: 9/10
not only a song I like but one of the best boards of canada songs there is.

Melvins-Teet: 7/10
Really dig the groove here

I'm just gonna stop here thinking its not gonna get better if I go forward. No offense Schu but it just isnt for me.

The top 3 or so artists aren't really accurate for my station. I collect scrobbles from two different ipods one of which belongs to a friend of mine who I've hooked up with my entire music library. I think I have you on my friends list on lastfm somewhere. I'll throw on your station when I get a chance a bit later. My station would perhaps be a bit more enjoyable if it reflected my actual music library a bit better (I do agree that it's a bit oversaturated with metal atm). Thanks for taking a listen to it though. Oh yeah, and I fricken love Boards of Canada :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm 

To return the favor: http://www.last.fm/user/zephead8 (38,438 plays)

(Your musical compatibilty with zephead is high. Music you have in common includes Queensryche, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Boards of Canada, Radiohead, and The Beatles)
---------

1. Main Source - Vamos A Rapiar :: Was more expecting some straight up rock music to start out with instead of some old-school rap. It had a nice beat and flowed all together pretty decently. I don't listen to rap all too much but a decent track. 6.5/10

2. Mercury Rev - Something for Joey :: I haven't heard this band yet though i've seen them mentioned in the forum at times. Not too bad actually. My own selection is lacking a bit in the indie/alternative selection. This one might be worth looking into perhaps. 7.5/10

3. Fugees - The Mask :: More hip-hop... damn, I remember listening to this way back in the day. It was a great album. Takes me back to when I was in my high school days. 8/10

4. Four Tet - My Angel Rocks Back and Forth :: I do like me some electronic music these days with Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin being among some of my faves in that area. A nice and peaceful track that'd be great for a bike ride on a clear spring day. 8/10

5. Portugal. The Man - Colors :: A pretty nice song . 7.5/10

6. Madlib - The Payback (Gotta) :: A short track withna sample beat being played over a few times Not good not great but a nice little beat. 6.5/10

7. PJ Harvey - Man-Size :: Haven't really listened to much of this artist before. An energetic track. I kinda liked it. 7.5/10

8. My Bloody Valentine - I Only Said :: Haven't listened to this band in quite a while though they are in my library. Never quite understood the whole swirling guitar this but it's a pretty good song. 8/10

9. Sleigh Bells - Rill Rill :: Not too sure what to make of this one. It's not really what I would normally listen to. I think I'm more indifferent to then anything else. It is a bit catchy though. 6/10

10. Broken Social Scene - It's All Gonna Break :: The first somewhat long song to come on. Hadn't listened to this band all that much. I can't say that it's all that great or bad even. I guess pretty average. 6.5/10

---

I guess that'll have to do for now. It's opened my eyes a little for some recs on different bands to add. I guess that's the point of this whole thing. 10 songs is hardly a good sample size though for a persons radiostation. For now I'll give zepheads station a 7.5/10.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm 

Jeff, I might do a review of your station this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm 

thanks for reviewing my station Jeff. it's a pretty accurate set of songs of what i listen to. dont really listen to too much pj harvey or portugal. the man but for the most part a good representation. i always love it when someone reviews my station and lets me know what they think of it. its interesting to see what songs pop up. its a shame you didnt like it's alll gonna break so much but it musta been overwhelming being a 10 minute song and it being the first time you heard it. its my favorite song at times though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 pm 

My tastes have changed a bit since the last time some form of this thread was active. I've been listening alot of folk and jazz recently in addition to my normal mix of indie/alternative.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 pm 

i've become much more into hip hop/rap as seen in jeffs review of my station

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:54 am 

I think we should add a quick rule that you get like 3 or 5 skips per session with someones station. Even though it's somewhat cheating I guess. Like for instance if Piper decides to give my station a spin and happens to get the songs from zepheads station that I listened to he can skip to a song that would more likely appear on my station. (lol or if a song is so absolutely horrid as well I suppose). Lately I've been listening to my ipod on song shuffle with the full library playing. The damn top five on my station is almost entirely due to scrobbles from my friends ipod.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 am 

ya that blows man. i think theres a way you can stop his ipod from scrobbling onto last.fm. try going into last.fm options and check always confirm ipod scrobbles. that way you can just say no to the ones your friend has