DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm 

I dunno, I'm kind of glad that they didn't end it with some revelation with massive implications or anything like that, seems like that's the go-to for season finales. In a way there's even more uncertainty in this ending, because everything appears to be back to normal but there are still many questions to be answered/ends left loose. The events of this season obviously had a profound effect on Dexter so it should be interesting to see how that plays out next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:41 am 

chicken sandwich wrote:
No way, Dexter can never get caught. Shit will hit the fan but things always works out, somehow.

its too bad Lumen ditched him, but I didn't really like her anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:47 pm 

I think on balance, I agree with Liam on the issue of the season finale. I wonder how many seasons they have in mind for the show, if indeed they have an idea.
Will be a slow start to the next season because there's little to no plot ends to carry over. They kind of dropped the Kyle Butler thing early on in this season, I wonder if that will rear it's head again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 am 

Yeah, that whole Kyle Butler thing was one of my biggest problems with this season. It didn't cause nearly as much trouble as it should have. I really wish they had finally allowed him to be exposed to Deb, though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 am 

Two Headed Boy wrote:
Yeah, that whole Kyle Butler thing was one of my biggest problems with this season. It didn't cause nearly as much trouble as it should have. I really wish they had finally allowed him to be exposed to Deb, though.

The whole Kyle Butler thing almost got Dexter caught. Could they have made it alot more suspenseful? Sure, but it would of deterred from the main story line which was Lumen and the Jordan Chase circle. And yeah, I definitly don't think its over because Quinn has to be more suspicious now after what happened to Stan Liddy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 am 

Or has Quinn, for now at least (ie the first half dozen episodes of the season) accepted that unspoken deal he's made with Dexter?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:14 pm 

I think Dexter is gonna kill Quinn in the next season.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:07 pm 

i gotta admit, i didnt like Quinn at first, like most people. but he really grew on me. not just because of the way he was written, but the actor (forget his name) did some really cool things in the second half of the season in terms of how he used stillness at times and how he layered things and underplayed certain things (the whole "i love you" thing wouldn't have worked without the way he played it). i ended up really feeling worried for him during the season finale.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 pm 

does anyone know where i can watch season 5 online? i'm pretty behind. i just got around to season 4 two days ago but watched it all in one day. FUCK the ending. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 am 

http://www.sidereel.com/Dexter

Select the episode you want and click on 'Search Links'. Beware though, some of the sites have advertisements that contain viruses.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:44 am 

all of them should be on stagevu.com, for free. That's how I watched them all, all you need is divx player.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:49 pm 

thanks. i tried sidereel but didn't realize i would have to pay to bypass the daily viewing limit. stagevu is working but i'm concerned about the buffering time. think this has to do with my internet connection or something else? if i have to wait all day for it to buffer idk if it's worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:12 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:14 pm 

:lol: that's great

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 pm 

does anyone know when season 5 comes out on DVD?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next