Gamespy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Destructoid 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
GamesRadar 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (specify) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Worst video game site
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 am 

Location: the south is a shithole from which no human decency can escape
There's a whole shitload of them. This poll focuses only on the major players in awful video game reviewing, so no Honestgamers or OldWizard even though they're just as bad.

Here's my thoughts on some of these.

IGN: Pathetic. This website is atrocious, not only because it's horribly designed (somehow when you click "next page" while browsing the comment section that somehow translates to taking you BACK to the first page) but IGN really is the poster child of bad writing. Weither it be their horrible lists and articles or their sad attempt at reviews. Especially those uber idiots at the Xbox team (like Dameon Hatfield) and the Playstation team (like Colin Moriaty). Or that pretentious fuck face Michael Thompson, definitely IGN's major hack, and that's saying something considering just HOW many talentless hacks this website has at it's disposal. Just awful, there is nothing good to say about this site, nothing.

Gamespot: Not only does it boast some of the stupidest reader reviews ever, the official reviews aren't much better, in fact they're some of the worst on the internet. Just read this one to get an idea of how fucking lazy these critics are.

Jesus fucking christ

This didn't describe ANYTHING. Why is a compilation so much more fucking brief than the usual review for a single game? From reading reviews like this you have NO idea what this compilation has in it. And instead of simply saying "this is good" and "this is bad" you should probably try, I dunno, EXPLAINING? THAT'S WHAT A FUCKING REVIEW IS SUPPOSED TO DO!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE PASSING IT OFF AS CONSUMER ADVICE YOU TOTALLY CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT IDIOTS!!!

1up: People say this is one of the better major websites. You know what that means? Absolutely nothing. If anything it may be the absolute worst just for Jeremy Parish. Definitely one of the worst excuses for a critic ever. The design for their lists and articles is so bead they're unreadable. Like do I have to stroll through 31 fucking pages, getting constantly bombarded with pop up ads? And what is this an article about old Back to the Future games? THEY COULDN'T FIT THIS INTO ONE PAGE?

Giantbomb: You remember when Gamespot fired Jeff Gerstmann? People say it was over that Kane and Lynch review. I'm not sure it wasn't simpy because the collossal fatass can't write a review worth a flying fuck. Well ok that most certainly wasn't why he was fired, but make no mistake, he's pretty bad, and he continues that legacy of lazy reviewing with Giantbomb.

Eurogamer: UGHHHH. Have you read the fucking comment boards here. It's terrible, the reviews seem like they're just written by random members of the forum, who care more about how stereotypically british they can sound then writing an informative review.

Gametrailers: Aside from Screwattack, is there anything useful about this site? Oh ok, some of those retrospectives are pretty helpful. But it's mostly full of content you can find on YouTube and their reviews are pretty damn weak, because they all seem to be reviewed by robots. And don't even get me started on the commenters, they rival YouTube, yes, THAT bad. Funny how this site attracts so many people who don't even know the most basic things about video games, to be fair I think most of the userbase here is under the age of 12.

Gamedaily: Oh yes, THAT site, the one nobody likes but their links are constantly whored out on the AOL site and I can't help but click on the links to one of their utterly pointless, retarded and horribly put together lists. The writing for this site is beyond terrible.

Game Informer: Awful magazine, equally awful website. I'm pretty convinced that the only reason it's as popular as it is is because Gamestop employees practically shove it down everyone's fucking throat. Not only is the writing terrible, they don't even proof read the fucking thing, it's so full of spelling errors. And their attempt at humor has to be seen to be believed.

The other sites I don't even bother with enough to comment on. But I'll just go ahead and write them off. Major video game websites just suck dick by default. They either come off having no personal touch and being totally dull and robotic or they come off as totally fanboyish and not the least bit informative. The worst websites like IGN manage to be BOTH, if that's even possible.

Last edited by boo boo on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Worst video game site
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am 

www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am 

I have barely visited half of these websites. Somewhere around 90% of my purchases are based off of what reliable sources such as my friends say about games.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:17 am 

Curiosity wrote:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/

OH YOU.

I avoided mentioning company specific sites, because fanboism is par for the course.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 am 

I voted for Gamespot. They gave Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb 3,5 stars whereas IGN gave it 3 stars. It is clear fact that the game deserves a far less so my vote goes for Gamespot who stupidly gave more points for that diresome game. (That was my review about them in their own style! :lol:)

Ok, seriously I agree with everything said about Gamespot. The reviews are ignorantly based on judging the front cover of the game, and the reviewers don't even seem to try the games. I also tried to post a review during my time on the site once but it took 30 fuckin' minutes to open the review panel because it threw me back and forth... Fuck that site.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 am 

I hate Gamespot because they are blatantly biased against everything that isn't Nintendo. Annoying as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:07 am 

I hate Gamespot because they just are Gamespot!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 am 

Curiosity wrote:
I hate Gamespot because they are blatantly biased against everything that isn't Nintendo. Annoying as hell.

No they're not. :lol:

Their bias against older games is pretty irritating, and as I've said whenever they do a compilation review it's a fucking disaster because they tell you NOTHING.

Anyway, I excluded MobyGames because the fact that they compile reviews for a lot of older games is very nice (GameRankings by comparison is HORRIBLE at it), and by comparison to other sites their total scores are agreeable. On the other hand that site pisses me off because it only feels like working half the time. And sometimes they have the same review from the same idiot listed twice (because they're from different sites) and it affects the overall score. Sometimes they even mistakenly add a review for another game. Like when you look up Doom 64 you'll find a review for Dr Mario 64. :lol:

Also have to mention Honest amers, everytime I see a Gamerankings/Mobygames score that's totally fucked up, it's usually their fault. So fucking pretentious, they always give stupid ratings just to be different and they do a horrible job of backing it up with their reviews. Also one of their members looks like Isaac Brock.

Last edited by boo boo on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am 

boo boo wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Uh, yes they are. They gave Mario fucking Galaxy 2 a 10/10 for christ sake. It deserved a 6 at best... and I'm being very generous there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:16 am 

:lol: IJATEMP didn't deserve that 3,5 star rating. Fuck Gamespot.

I'm surprised that they like Super Mario because of their hatred towards many games with old roots. Well, legendary game series so... :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:20 am 

Curiosity wrote:
boo boo wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Uh, yes they are. They gave Mario fucking Galaxy 2 a 10/10 for christ sake. It deserved a 6 at best... and I'm being very generous there.

You're so fucking pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:25 am 

I'm waiting for the day when you guys team up and create the biggest trolling wave ever done... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:30 am 

boo boo wrote:

You're so fucking pathetic.

Exhibit B: They also gave Zelda: TP an 8.8 when it's quite obvious that, given the awful visuals and tired gameplay, it didn't deserve anything like that. It was a step BACKWARDS from Wind Waker... which itself was a step backwards from Majora's, which actually had some interesting gameplay concepts.

Tim - that'll never happen. Boo boo will never be able to face the truth... the truth being that everything I've said about gaming here has been 100% concrete fact.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:52 am 

Says the guy who is under the delusion that Halo games are good.

Stop trolling this thread or I will PM a mod about it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:01 pm 

I'm not trolling.