DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: Casual Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:39 pm 

:lol: I'm always seeing your avatars first, and always tend to mix Scarified's avatar with your old SRV avatar in old forum!

Back to the guitar topic!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:55 am 

Just got back from seeing Tommy and Phil Emmanuel !@&^#_@#*@# Incredible! Ive seen tommy solo before and it was amazing but this was much different, id be here for ages if i explained the entire concert but ill say that it went for 3 hours and that it included tommy playing about 10 or songs on a beaten up tele with a full band, something i never thought id see ever. Phil was incredible, the man can pick like a mother effer. Tommy was on fire as usual. I also had front row seats and got phil's guitar pick at the end. Probably the best concert ill ever see in my life :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 am 

were you and rockvirtuoso at the same gig?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:26 am 

Idk man, if hes from sydney then i hope he went.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 am 

he is and did.
rockvirtuoso wrote:
saw tommy emmanuel on his 50th anniversary tour last night. absolutely incredible. basically a brief synopsis of his entire career, started off with his brother phil soloing their asses off, then a few acoustic medleys together, then got out his tele for some of his 80's stuff with the facemelting solos and full band, then more duets with phil, back to the acoustic for his usual solo guitar stuff, then a few more full on jams on the tele with phil and the band. 3.5 hours in total. first night of the tour hope he can keep it up :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 am 

:lol: How did i miss that. I like how we basically said the same thing. Yeah the gig was unreal, wonder how hes going to keep up the intensity of that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:53 am 

so jealous of you guys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:02 am 

Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge on the guitars with his 1st band in the early 90s ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnt_3jRE ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRciUZ8hWY

sounds like he wasn't a bad player....also makes me wonder why he went towards vocals and towards alternative music :confused:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:49 am 

Timitzii wrote:
I'm always mixing you two, Yousha and Scarified... :freak: Most likely because both of you talk the same way, and have had Stevie Ray Vaughan-avatars during some point! :lol:

We are both admirers of srv, even though i never listened to a lot of that guy. on my list of things to do. And thanks Yoush you know thats not completely true :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:04 pm 

On the best of Dick Dale there's this killer track where he duels with Stevie Ray Vaughan on the classic surf rock instrumental "Pipeline". I've been learning how to play along to it. It's not difficult, but loads of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:07 am 

I absolutely LOVE that track ...the best of Dick Dale is certainly one of the best things i ever picked up....all thanks to Black Eyed Peas :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:23 am 

I've been able to get a decent "surf rock" guitar sound by cranking up reverb and chorus on my amp and switching to treble on my guitar. Which reminds me, I really don't get how the volume knobs on my Gibson SG special work with the rhythm/treble toggle switch. It's weird. Sometimes a certain volume knob works when its in treble and sometimes it doesn't. And vice-versa. And I thought that if the switch was in the middle then it would be both rhythm and treble at the same time, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:41 pm 

So Yngtchie's gone, Soda's gone, KMiG's gone... Fuck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:55 pm 

So are they good? :smile:
I know you'll like the bootleg, quality is pretty decent and you hear Kiske on quite a few songs. He does not appear on Farewell, but he's singing on: Reach Out For The Light, The Tower, Dying For An Angel, Avantasia, Stargazers and Shelter From The Rain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:02 pm 

ClashWho wrote:
I've been able to get a decent "surf rock" guitar sound by cranking up reverb and chorus on my amp and switching to treble on my guitar. Which reminds me, I really don't get how the volume knobs on my Gibson SG special work with the rhythm/treble toggle switch. It's weird. Sometimes a certain volume knob works when its in treble and sometimes it doesn't. And vice-versa. And I thought that if the switch was in the middle then it would be both rhythm and treble at the same time, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next