DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 153  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm 

:lol:

Nothin' wrong with 2 goals in three games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm 

Nesquik wrote:
I don't have a top 10. Even though I commented on Getzlaf, I still like him when he plays actual hockey. I dunno. I have lots of favourites. If I ignored the Canucks, my actual favourite player to watch would be Kovalchuk because he is so ridiculously fast and skilled. He can pretty much score from anywhere. For overall completeness in a player, I'd say my favourite is Drew Doughty.

Yeah that list was basically totally arbitrary, I could list several other players I love. Good choice with Doughty though. Two game suspension for Wiz, lol at it being a game with Bettman in attendance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 pm 

I think Hjalmarsson should've gotten more than two games. It's a boarding hit and blindside hit to the head. 6 games at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4aH7nnPjc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:08 pm 

thejew wrote:
I'm redoing my season predictions. It's allowed, since only 2-3 games have been played:

Eastern Conference:

1. Washington Capitals*
2. Boston Bruins*
3. Philadelphia Flyers*
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Pittsburgh Penguins
6. Atlanta Thrashers
7. New York Rangers
8. Tampa Bay Lightning
9. Buffalo Sabres
10. New York Islanders
11. Toronto Maple Leafs
12. Montreal Canadiens
13. Ottawa Senators
14. Carolina Hurricanes
15. Florida Panthers

Western Conference:

1. Vancouver Canucks*
2. Detroit Red Wings*
3. San Jose Sharks*
4. Los Angeles Kings
5. Chicago Blackhawks
6. St. Louis Blues
7. Phoenix Coyotes
8. Colorado Avalanche
9. Dallas Stars
10. Columbus Blue Jackets
11. Edmonton Oilers
12. Nashville Predators
13. Calgary Flames
14. Minnesota Wild
15. Anaheim Ducks

Glad to someone not overrating the Penguins, especially seeing as they're your team. I honestly don't get how many are predicting high odds for a finals appearance. Yeah, Anaheim are terrible. I think I'd swap with Dallas with Colorado. I'd also put Tampa 6th, Buffalo 7th, and Ottawa 8th.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:39 pm 

Two Headed Boy wrote:
thejew wrote:
I'm redoing my season predictions. It's allowed, since only 2-3 games have been played:

Eastern Conference:

1. Washington Capitals*
2. Boston Bruins*
3. Philadelphia Flyers*
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Pittsburgh Penguins
6. Atlanta Thrashers
7. New York Rangers
8. Tampa Bay Lightning
9. Buffalo Sabres
10. New York Islanders
11. Toronto Maple Leafs
12. Montreal Canadiens
13. Ottawa Senators
14. Carolina Hurricanes
15. Florida Panthers

Western Conference:

1. Vancouver Canucks*
2. Detroit Red Wings*
3. San Jose Sharks*
4. Los Angeles Kings
5. Chicago Blackhawks
6. St. Louis Blues
7. Phoenix Coyotes
8. Colorado Avalanche
9. Dallas Stars
10. Columbus Blue Jackets
11. Edmonton Oilers
12. Nashville Predators
13. Calgary Flames
14. Minnesota Wild
15. Anaheim Ducks

Glad to someone not overrating the Penguins, especially seeing as they're your team. I honestly don't get how many are predicting high odds for a finals appearance. Yeah, Anaheim are terrible. I think I'd swap with Dallas with Colorado. I'd also put Tampa 6th, Buffalo 7th, and Ottawa 8th.

I honestly think people overrate the Penguins each season. Sure they have star power with Crosby, Malkin and Staal, and this year they have a pretty nice looking blue line. But beyond that, the rest of the forwards are all grinders who are doubtful to score much at all, and we still have god awful Fleury in net (I think Nesquik thinks he's good, I certainly don't. Too much moving in the crease, terribly inconsistent, and always seems to let the softest goals possible go in).

I'm not too sold on Ottawa or Buffalo. Buffalo is all Ryan Miller, their defense looks pretty bad (besides Myers and I guess Rivet), and the only scoring threats they have seem to be Vanek and Roy, maybe Pominville. In the case of Ottawa, I don't really like their blue line either, and Leclaire and Elliott don't look like a reliable tandem. They have a few guys that can score though.

And I blame Robbie L for us losing to the Leafs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:57 pm 

Anyone see Kaleta's head attack? Shit was funny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm 

Yeah wtf was that? I loved seeing him get wrecked instantly after though. Kaleta is up there with Holmstrom, Avery, Hartnell, Carcillo, Brashear, and Boogard on my hate list.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:33 pm 

Just found out I'm going to the Stars game tomorrow to see Modano's return. Bittersweet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:53 pm 

He'll get a big standing 'O', should be a cool experience. In other news, Nesquik is pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 am 

Was that not too many men on the winning goal? That's all I want to know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:10 am 

Two Headed Boy wrote:
Yeah wtf was that? I loved seeing him get wrecked instantly after though. Kaleta is up there with Holmstrom, Avery, Hartnell, Carcillo, Brashear, and Boogard on my hate list.

I'm really disappointed that you didn't include Max Lapierre on your hate list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10 pm 

Damn. Great call, I just got lazy after naming those ones, there are plenty more out there.

Edit: Great PK tonight Oilers. Fuck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:56 pm 

thejew wrote:
I mainly changed mine for these reasons:

I had Ottawa much too high, because their team looks pretty bad in my opinion. Goaltending issues, not much defensive depth etc.

I had Minnesota much too high. Their goaltending hasn't been as good as expected recently, plus lack of defensive depth, plenty of injuries and not getting scoring from people who should be scoring.

Also, I had Tampa too low, because besides goaltending, I'm confident they'll have a good team.

Also had Dallas too low. I don't think they're that great (especially defensively), but they're better than like 14th or 15th like I had them. Also, Anaheim looks to me like an almost guaranteed 30th place (I think I had them 14th on my other list). The way they've looked the first 3 games just confirms all my preseason opinions of them.

Yeah Dallas fucking dumptrucked Detroit tonight. First Stars game I've been to in about 5 years and close to the best seats I've ever had (right on the blue line on the penalty box side 15 rows back). The Stars definitely need to shift their shot differential because they've been outshot by a fairly significant margin in all of their games and they've been weak in the third period but I was pleasantly surprised with their level of performance. Richards is great on offense as always but I was actually fairly impressed with his D this game. Other players who I thought had a great game (besides Lehtonen) were Neal, Burish (I loved this signing), and Peterson. Steve Ott played like shit on the other hand. I really loved it though because there are always a bunch of Detroit assholes who come out of the woodwork at these games and there was a guy in front of me wearing an Osgood jersey. It was great that for over half the game he had a .500 save percentage. Damn this game was a lot of fun. Might by tickets now. Just didn't realize how much I missed going to games since we dropped our tickets in 2003.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:01 am 

Nesquik wrote:
I think Hjalmarsson should've gotten more than two games. It's a boarding hit and blindside hit to the head. 6 games at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4aH7nnPjc

I don't know what you're seeing in that video. It is probably worthy of a 2 game suspension but he doesn't even lead with his elbow and it isn't even a classic check from behind. Yes it's boarding and his head goes into the boards but he more hits him from the side at an angle than directly in the back. 2 games was perfectly fair and only because of the result.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 am 

Two Headed Boy wrote:
He'll get a big standing 'O', should be a cool experience. In other news, Nesquik is pissed.

Yeah he did get one. And he definitely teared up while he was there. It made me feel a little better about his decision to go to Detroit but I also kind of think if you fucking feel that way why would you got to Detroit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 153  Next