DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 304  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cricket.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:13 pm 

Great to see Pak,NZ, WI compete with the bigger fishes.

And Gayle :metal:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:30 am 

333 for Gayle, huge innings
And whats going on Harby? got another ton :surprised:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 am 

Bloody hell, barely anyone is in form for the aussies at the moment,every player failed at domestic level this week the poms must be really confident of winning this series.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 am 

Ive been following cricket since 1999 and after my home team Bangladesh (of course), Australia have always been the favorite. Dont think Ive ever seen them in the miserable state they are currently in. :sad:

and I would have never guessed Gayle and Sehwag to be batsmen having 2 triple centuries......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 pm 

Yousha wrote:
Ive been following cricket since 1999 and after my home team Bangladesh (of course), Australia have always been the favorite. Dont think Ive ever seen them in the miserable state they are currently in. :sad:

I'm wiping away the tears myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:18 pm 

:lol: You will be in a few weeks time, don't you worry!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:56 am 

Nick-ola wrote:
Yousha wrote:

I'm wiping away the tears myself.

:lol: im sure you are. Its all a tactic Nic, the Aussies are purposely giving the poms a false sense of security.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 am 

its amazing how big the ashes still are....all the world cups and all this, and the ashes must still be the most celebrated tournament of cricket.....

and Nick - :tongue:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm 

ok so we picked our team for first test. Doherty in for Hauritz no a bad move, Siddle in instead of Ryan Harris? id prefer Harris but lets wait and see, the rest of the side is no surprise, Hussey retains his spot even though he is out of form and big Doug Bollinger back in is good.
I just found out that the last time we stuffed around and picked a 17 man squad leading up to an ashes series on home soil was 85/86, coincidentally the last time England won an ashes series here. Bad omen?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:16 pm 

I don't think Doherty is any better than Hauritz. Going on his first class record he's worse. First class average just under 50! Hauritz' is 43 so not much better (though he averages 35 in tests)...I guess we just don't have much to choose from really.

Tremlett has done well for England against Australia A. Seems like England have already picked their bowlers for the first test and have rested them, but if any of them fail to fire it looks like they have good strike bowler back up - he's very suited to our wickets. Bresnan and Shahzad are toilers but also relatively suited to our wickets and should do a decent job if required.

Really looking forward to this test series now. Australia will have to play well to win 5-0.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 pm 

Tremlett's a Hampshire (specifically my hometown as well) lad, so I want him to play. He's quality back up.
If an Australian side including Xavier Doherty reclaims the Ashes I might as well emigrate. What a disgrace. This has to be a cunning ruse, you can't seriously be in such total disarray as to be picking this joker at face value. If it's to home in on KP, don't bother he's a walking wicket anyway and the rest of the batsmen will tuck into this left arm filth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:52 pm 

I don't necessarily think Doherty is better than Hauritz at this stage either but Hauritz is bowling lame ass at the moment so it had to happen. I thought Smith may have been giving a shot given that he batted well recently.
5-0 Mint? to do that we will have to find some freak from form somewhere, i don't think we have that sort of form. i'll settle for a 3-2 win though draws are always on the cards too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:56 pm 

Nick-ola wrote:
Tremlett's a Hampshire (specifically my hometown as well) lad, so I want him to play. He's quality back up.
If an Australian side including Xavier Doherty reclaims the Ashes I might as well emigrate. What a disgrace. This has to be a cunning ruse, you can't seriously be in such total disarray as to be picking this joker at face value. If it's to home in on KP, don't bother he's a walking wicket anyway and the rest of the batsmen will tuck into this left arm filth.

We are in disarray, and we don't have any quality spinners so this is what we have to resort to, left arm rubbish, i only agreed to his selection because im over Hauritz.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:57 pm 

If I were on the Australian selection committee I'd be pushing an all seam attack like you wouldn't believe. If your spinners are substandard and your seamers are well stocked then it's not a proposition from Wittgenstein, is it? It's simple - play to your strengths.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 304  Next