DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:12 pm 

Yeah, he did similar things all throughout the episode. "Because I say so." He blows up one retirement home and gets a huge dick about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 pm 

Rudy Rules wrote:
Goddammit the next episode is in a week I need to know that cold open NOW

One of the great Skyler moments was going from sad and sympathetic to cold satisfaction with Ted. Mike still wins every show.

I think she was clearly pretending at this, especially given her scenes with Walt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm 

john17 wrote:
"I forgive you" at the end was freaking creepy. The dude thinks he's Michael Corleone.
yeah, he's turning into a proper asshole now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 am 

Gray wrote:
Yeah, he did similar things all throughout the episode. "Because I say so." He blows up one retirement home and gets a huge dick about it.

I think it was a little more than just blowing up a retirement home. He's earned his new confidence, but he's annoying me that he's flexing all over the place before he has any real muscle behind him. Mike's just as likely to shoot him as help him at this point, Jesse's not exactly a task force leader, and that's his whole crew right now. He should consolidate and draw the remaining people left around him in close, construct something substantive, and then go Corleone if that's what he needs to do. But waving his dick at his Mike, Saul, and his wife at this point just means the whole thing is going to go down really badly. Which is probably the point as this is the final season, and it fits with the arc and ethos of the character. But it's just so stupid of him. It's hard to watch, but awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 am 

That's the great fucking thing about the show, it was fun to watch him rise and it's eventually going to be fun to watch him fall.

monga18 wrote:
Rudy Rules wrote:
One of the great Skyler moments was going from sad and sympathetic to cold satisfaction with Ted. Mike still wins every show.

I think she was clearly pretending at this, especially given her scenes with Walt.

Possibly, but that was really sweet skills by Anna Gunn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am 

It'll be interesting to contrast this emerging new Walt with Gus. I really like Gus and I was definitely rooting for him toward the end there. He was so awesome. I didn't like how he reacted to Walt's actions in the Half Measure/Full Measure episodes because he had it well within his power to keep Walt in the fold and move forward, but other than that Gus was the perfect kingpin. Calculating, cool, balls, was a good manager of people with actual leadership skills, plus what he did with the cartel. He's absolutely one of the best characters in the series.

Walt's gonna suck as boss compared to Gus. He's way too preoccupied with trying to be the boss to be any good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 am 

chicken sandwich wrote:
Rudy Rules wrote:

it looks like he's about to go on a killing spree with a machinegun

That's gotta be the end right? The whole thing had an air of finality to it. New Hampshire, live free or die, ya know. He's celebrating his 52nd birthday in Denny's, contrasting his 50th birthday in Season 1. And of course, a big-ass gun to do something suicidal with.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 am 

That's definitely the end. Each episode is going to show a little bit from that scenario until the finale.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:16 pm 

Emmy noms for Giancarlo Esposito and Anna Gunn (and Cranston and Paul, obviously)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:18 pm 

Sodacake wrote:
That's definitely the end. Each episode is going to show a little bit from that scenario until the finale.

Well they might also do like they did with the pink teddy and only do it every few episodes. Their cold-open scenes are so good, and such a trademark of the show, that I'd hate for them to all be part of the same flash-forward.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm 

Agreed about that. I don't think it'll be in every single episode.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:43 pm 

This is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j4fkspo ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:56 pm 

:lol: So good, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:57 pm 

I thought this was a pretty lame episode, but probably necessary to set up the rest of the season

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 am 

Seriously? I thought it was a long overdue glimpse at Mike's soul, tired and beaten. I was on the edge of my seat a couple of times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 58  Next