It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 578  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football (Soccer).
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm 

ACnal ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:53 pm 

Chemical Ali wrote:
Thiago Silva and Zlatan going to PSG for 60m Euro, says the AC milan President. uhhhh...what?!

Milan are broke and in a lot of debt.

I think it is actually the perfect time to sell Ibra. He is at that stage in his career where he will be worth progressively less as the seasons roll by.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 am 

I think it will be a good move for them overall. 60 million in the bank, a ton off the wage bill and they can really freshen up and strengthen their squad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:19 pm 
Master of the Universe 2008

Ligue 1 is going to be sadly a bit smaller league now. Basically a one horse race. Both Lille and Mont sold their top performing players from the year, and Psg just got really heavy with talent upfront and in the back; Thiago Silva and Zlatan were rated among the top players at their position in europe (Zlatan second, behind Messi; Thiago 2nd or third, depending how you're counting defensive positions). Its good at some point for Ligue, knowing they will have a top tier team since for so long they have been a distant fifth, at best, and have been basically a feeder league for the Prem and others. My only complaint is that they might have zero challenge from other teams in their league, and thus is going to make it quite boring. Hopefully the other teams will share their strengths and surprise us (don't think anyone had Montpiller in the top four going in, let alone winning the league)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm 

So back to business as usual...Lyon winning everything every season

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 pm 

Chemical Ali wrote:
Ligue 1 is going to be sadly a bit smaller league now. Basically a one horse race. Both Lille and Mont sold their top performing players from the year, and Psg just got really heavy with talent upfront and in the back; Thiago Silva and Zlatan were rated among the top players at their position in europe (Zlatan second, behind Messi; Thiago 2nd or third, depending how you're counting defensive positions). Its good at some point for Ligue, knowing they will have a top tier team since for so long they have been a distant fifth, at best, and have been basically a feeder league for the Prem and others. My only complaint is that they might have zero challenge from other teams in their league, and thus is going to make it quite boring. Hopefully the other teams will share their strengths and surprise us (don't think anyone had Montpiller in the top four going in, let alone winning the league)

I think Marseille and OL will compete still. Obviously PSG is the heavy favorite but I don't think it'll be a one horse race.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:14 am 

OL are trying to unload their top goal keeper, and the number 1 for France. I don't think they are in the middle of competing.

Exactly, recently they had gotten away from the Lyon dynasty, but now they're about to just start another one - this one might actually be for quite a bit longer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:14 pm 

Ibra sure seems happy to go to PSG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:21 pm 

Yousha wrote:
Ibra sure seems happy to go to PSG

$17 million a year, I'd be happy too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:40 pm 

That brings his weekly wage to 325k. Damn, he is the highest paid in the world now......How much would Silva get per year ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm 

There are about 10-15 players in baseball that get paid more, and i think there might be 1 or 2 football/basketball players that get paid equally. I think Silva's wages are almost equal, from what i read.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 pm 

I meant only football though, you have guys like Floyd Mayweather who have 2 fights a year and earn 80 million so yeah :razz:

Eto'o has a 320 k at that russian club, and Drogba's gone for 300+ as well to China. Damn the cash is flowing !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm 

PSG has spent over €100m on transfers. It's not even fair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:25 pm 

Arabs can spend, that's one thing they most certainly can do !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:19 pm 

So who are they even going to play in their front three? I assume they are going to be running a 4-3-3 unless they want to make even less use of their forwards

Zlatan
Lavezzi
Nene
Menez
Gameiro
Pastore

Sirgiu
Jallet Silva Sakho Maxwell
Motta Sissoko
Menez/Lavezii Pastore Nene/Zlatan
Lavezii/Zlatan/Gamerio

Stupid. Should get some better holding and defensive midfielders

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 578  Next