DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:53 pm 

The reason I only own a Wii is not because I'm closedminded and give no credit to the other consoles. It's because I'm dirt poor. I would love to have a PS3. My brother has one, so I play games on his.

Don't really give a fuck about the 360 (even though Xbox Live Arcade sounds awesome) though as I already have a PC and prefer my video game systems to actually work properly.

Also I'd take 3D Mario over Halo any day of the week, Galaxy pretty much proved that platformers can still be an amazing experience in three dimensions. Seriously if you think that game is terrible and since it has color and imagination you surely do, then you can just fuck yourself, and take your unreal engine and shove it your asshole which is very wide because of how often Bill Gates shoves his big fat dick into it.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHEESEBURGER MOTHERFUCKER.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 pm 

boo boo wrote:

Also I'd take 3D Mario over Halo any day of the week, Galaxy pretty much proved that platformers can still be an amazing experience in three dimensions. Seriously if you think that game is terrible and since it has color and imagination you surely do, then you can just fuck yourself, and take your unreal engine and shove it your asshole which is very wide because of how often Bill Gates shoves his big fat dick into it.

Please refrain from divulging your sexual fantasies to me in future. Thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:21 pm 

Anyway, on a different note, what happened to Japanese gaming?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Between Zelda, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Metroid, Mario, Kingdom Hearts and MGS, I'd say its not doing too bad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 pm 

While I think Curiosity is totally fucked in the head, he's still pretty cool, he's been punking the shit out of everyone.

Course he's mostly just going against boo boo, who would probably end up sending his client to death row if he were the prosecutor in a traffic court hearing.

Last edited by that_guy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:28 pm 

Sherick wrote:
Between Zelda, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Metroid, Mario, Kingdom Hearts and MGS, I'd say its not doing too bad.

MGS and Zelda were good 12 years ago. The rest are very meh. Vanquish was pretty good though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 pm 

I dunno anything about KH or the MGS games after 1.

But Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon were awesome, are awesome, and will always be awesome. Anyone who refuses to give credit to the newer games in those series really take their irrational Nintendo hatedom to heart. Actually I can understand the dislike for Pokemon and how newer games haven't done anything new.

But I don't know how anyone who is a fan of the old Mario, Zelda and Metroid games could have any problems with the newer installments. They stay true to their roots while still moving forward in gameplay (even if they reuse the same story elements over and over).

Nothing has happened to Japanese gaming, it's just that western gaming has become oversaturated with generic shit that Japanese games seem less common.

Last edited by boo boo on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:39 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Curiosity wrote:
Sherick wrote:

MGS and Zelda were good 12 years ago. The rest are very meh. Vanquish was pretty good though.

Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess all came out in the last 12 years, and you are objectively wrong. Even though I'm not a particular Metroid or MGS fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:43 pm 

Yeah, because Japanese gaming is so full of inventive and original thought... They are really pushing the envelope right now!

11 years later

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:45 pm 

Yes sir, graphics is everything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:46 pm 

Speaking of graphics, anyone hear they made a new game for the Dreamcast? Suppose to be some stupid racing sim, but hopefully this turns into a fad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:48 pm 

And also you're dead wrong as fucking usual, the Galaxy games look fantastic.

Also Mario 64 still looks better than most FPS games today, what it lacks in smooth textures, it makes up for with color and actual ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:48 pm 

I'm not talking about the graphics. Those screen shots speak volumes about alot more than that. The art design hasn't changed, the gameplay based around collecting little f*cking rings or whatever hasn't changed. You can see that the HUD even is practically identical. Gee, Nintendo are such pioneers of original thought. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:49 pm 

Lol, says the Halo fan.

It's Mario. It's one franchise, it's not supposed to change.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:51 pm 

Halo evolved in many ways. Implemenation of online play and matchmaking, introduction of Forge, along with stuff like traits in Halo: Reach which completely altered the gameplay.

I don't expect revolution, I expect evolution. Mario is stuck way back in the f*cking past. It's a fossil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 60  Next