DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:42 am 

MintCondition wrote:
The awarding of the Inglis try is the worst decision I've ever seen. If they're going to say that's not a knock on they may as well say it's not a knock on every time a player has the ball knocked out of their arms in a tackle. Ball security is obviously meaningless now in rugby league.

If that happened in the field of play it would be a knock on every day of the week. You never know what would have happened if NSW had only been 2 behind with 7 or 8 minutes to play. That decision ruined the game. It can't be a great advertisement for rugby league in Melbourne if the game ultimately gets decided by a decision 99% of people don't agree with and/or don't understand.

apparently the rule has changed this year? god only knows why :confused: it wouldn't have been a try from 1908-2011, they said farrah played at the ball, perhaps, but he is trying to stop a try, Slater uses his knees and legs to stop tries regularly, as long as it isn't a danger to the player its fair game, i still think inglis knocked it on anyway, but according to the rules its a try.
besides that, if you break down the game there are massive turning points, NSW had been way on top their forwards were punching holes in the QLD defence, making yardage, QLD right side defence was vulnerable, NSW lead 4-0 after that there is line breaks/offloads, farrah gets held up, should have been 10-0. then the fight happens when bird was hit in the head with the ball after barely tapping scott, seven QLD players run at him, jennings was about eighth player in reacting to a punch thrown at a NSW player, whilst i dont condone it, if he goes so does scott. anyway QLD score just after that when down to 12 men, not long after bird is penalised for a good tackle on cronk, QLD race up field a poor decision from UATE and bang try, whole game changed. the thing with the bird tackle is smith does exactly the same tackle with two others in the tackle later and nothing is done. anyway i dont think i have to elaborate more QLD found a way to win, and had luck on their side and the NSW torture continues...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:07 am 

Holy shit, that is the most biased recount of a game I've ever heard. Did you even watch it?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:16 am 

Jennings should not have been binned and the last try was certainly not a try but NSW lost the game because mostly because of Uate coming of his wing twice unnecessarily, the decision to go for the 2 points instead of kicking for touch, Carney had a very poor game, and continually kicking to Tate who was safe as houses. If there was any game NSW could have won, it was this one. QLD were very poor.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:20 am 

Yeah, I'd place Uate in a different position when in defensive. I enjoyed watching it, but the whole game was pretty scrappy.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Holy shit, that is the most biased recount of a game I've ever heard. Did you even watch it?

no its not being biased at all, they are just facts of the game, i could add more, you need to take your maroon glasses off too, everyone has said birds tackle was fair, even the qld players were surprised only jennings went to the bin, inglis thought he was lucky, (his words), harrigan admitted there were mistakes throught the game mainly against NSW, there was two rookie refs who could handle it. i give QLD credit for realising when NSW had 12 men to attack the left NSW defence when tate Nealy scored, then after the bird joke penalty they were smart enough to go the other way. QLD did well in the second half with little ball, they defended well, somehow got out of jail on a couple of occasions eg the jennings break and stewart no try, slater was smart enough to take jennings out after he kicked looking like he was committed to the tackle. I thought Smith and thursten gave them composure at the back end of the game, and NSW were dumb for taking a shot at goal with 28mins to go and QLD on the roaps.
for QLD Tate was great, Myles defended well, inglis was strong, so was petro and shillo when he came on. For NSW their best was hayne, jennings, tamou, bird.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 am 

Hang wrote:
Jennings should not have been binned and the last try was certainly not a try but NSW lost the game because mostly because of Uate coming of his wing twice unnecessarily, the decision to go for the 2 points instead of kicking for touch, Carney had a very poor game, and continually kicking to Tate who was safe as houses. If there was any game NSW could have won, it was this one. QLD were very poor.

pretty accurate assessment, QLD werent exactly poor but they were flat and outplayed at times, the game was there to be won by NSW, but it was a combination of some poor finishing from NSW and luck on QLD'S side. Quin you know this is the case, NSW will be better next game but my fear is QLD may be a lot better next game.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 am 

I really think NSW will win in Sydney (I'll be there :ugh: ) but give them absolutely no chance in QLD.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 pm 

I thought the jennings send off was ok, he came in unprovoked and threw a punch that landed flush. In most games that would of been a send off. The inglis try however, was bs. Qld supporter or not i dont see how you could think that was a try. I don't think was a case of the ref being biased or whatever, it was just a bad call. NSW going for the 2 points was completely daft too, no idea why they did that.

Hang wrote:
I really think NSW will win in Sydney (I'll be there :ugh: ) but give them absolutely no chance in QLD.

Yep i think so.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:30 pm 

Hang wrote:

I agree on Uate, Carney and that NSW were the better side overall but disagree on the rest.

Jennings deserved to be binned, what he did was a disgrace. I don't think any QLD player did anything to warrant a send off, but sprinting in like that from so far away to throw a massive punch that connects is certainly a sin bin offence IMO. Actually if it wasn't origin I'd say it was a send off offence.

The decision to go for goal was a good one, it's just unfortunate that he missed a kick that wasn't overly difficult. It was a low scoring game and NSW were struggling to breach the defence. Both tries came from QLD mistakes. That was NSW biggest problem - their attack. Only 2 points behind in such a tight, low scoring match you should take easy points when on offer. But he missed and NSW got the ball back from a 20 drop out anyway. They then got within try scoring range again anyway, but failed to create anything.

I didn't think it was a great match tbh. The attack, from both teams in the 2nd half was ordinary.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:17 am 

i dont think what jennings did was as bad as made out, watch it again, maybe im old school sometimes, as i saw it QLD started the fight, bird was ganged up on by seven QLD players, it was almost premeditated how the usual guys like thaiday and hodges were there in a flash, it was mid field yet Hodges appears instantly, of course NSW players are going to go to birds aid, there were punches thrown by others before Jennings got there, sure he shouldn't have thrown it, but refs thought they had to do something so they took a response that ultimately ruined the game. i dont want players throwing punches all game, but under the circumstances that should have been a penalty to QLD all told to settle down and get on with it, let the judiciary work it out, im all for 13 on 13 or 17 on 17 whatever all game unless something ridiculously bad happens, like a head high knocking a player out, or kicking, knees in the back etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 am 

I'm happy with it being a sin bin if it was for the punch and not for being 3rd man in.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:00 am 

Bird's a filthier player than either Thaiday or Hodges, as is Creagh. Clearly Jennings is, too.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:09 am 

anyways off origin for a sec, souths win tonight involved 12 line breaks, inglis and taylor killed em, inglis is another class hes in phenomenal form at fullback,im watching the first 20 mins they should have been up by more than 14-0, taylor will only get better after origin, he always comes back and plays like hes playing against kids. puts rabbits equal second with broncos now, with bulldogs then bye they are going along nicely.
inglis man of the match again, he was another class, two tries, two three try assists, 2 line breaks, 154m, i might get on him for dally M.

Last edited by John G on Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:40 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Bird's a filthier player than either Thaiday or Hodges, as is Creagh. Clearly Jennings is, too.

Holy shit, them is some bias goggles.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:50 am 

Hang wrote:
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:

Holy shit, them is some bias goggles.

creagh? he couldn't knock the froth of a cappuccino, jennings' punch was like a marshmallow, and bird isn't filthy just a pest at times. actually to thaidays defence he coped a punch from Pearce and didn't hit back, i think because he didn't want to be seen punching a halfback, well done sammy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 42  Next