DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 94  Next
 Post subject: Re: Electronic Music discussion
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:05 pm 

well new actress is great, great stuff

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:35 pm 

It really is. I'm actually surprised at how quickly it grabbed me, given it's experimental nature

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 am 

ha this is awesome. whole thing sounds like boards of canada interlude songs.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:45 am 

Can someone please tell me the track that gets sampled at about 4.30 here? I know it's an absolutely massive hit from the early 00s, totally in the French house style of the time, but I just can't work out for the life of me what it is. It's really bugging me.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 pm 

sounds like a crydamoure band, but i can't quite place it either. will ask around for you

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:14 am 

RIP Donna, really sad news. Gonna rock the whole of this tonight.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:17 am 

:eek: shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:40 am 

what the fuck

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:35 pm 

Burial and Four Tet should really just permanently combine because their collaborations beat anything they do on their own imo.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:33 pm 

i think at this point they probably should, but I do love their solo stuff in the past more than what ever collabs they have done, which I also love. But yeah, the reason why the last Burial EP sounded good was because it was him sounding less Burialy and Four Tet you can pretty much pigeonhole as well these days. Be tight if they started a duo electronic thing tho, in fact that'd be ILL

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 pm 

nah, their individual skills are better than their collaborations - where they're kinda of forced to cater to each other's sounds, albeit often for better effect. but on their own, they can really grow as artists - like for example stagnating four tet completely changed his game on the last fabriclive he did - breaking out of the idm mold almost completely. same with burial's kindred ep, complete gamechanger.

i think the ideal scenario is as it is, keep evolving individually but never stop collaborating

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 am 

actually yeah youre right, four tet's fabric was great. Fuck you drew.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 am 

dreamcoil wrote:
nah, their individual skills are better than their collaborations - where they're kinda of forced to cater to each other's sounds, albeit often for better effect. but on their own, they can really grow as artists - like for example stagnating four tet completely changed his game on the last fabriclive he did - breaking out of the idm mold almost completely. same with burial's kindred ep, complete gamechanger.

i think the ideal scenario is as it is, keep evolving individually but never stop collaborating

Agree completely.

In other news, a Nico Jaar Essential Mix today! Can't wait to hear it.

This tracklist is mouthwatering.

http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstob ... ial-mix-05

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:00 am 

^Basically the best mix I've ever heard. Mind-boggingly good.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 am 

dreamcoil wrote:

I'm leery of saying someone has completely changed their game when we talk about a fabriclive or something. A lot of people use those as an opportunity to experiment with something totally different and then go back to putting out the same old shit. And I agree about the Kindred EP being amazing but I also think it's the natural outgrowth of what he was doing on the Street Halo EP, so not necessarily a gamechanger either. Basically, I just think both "Moth" and "Nova"--as individual tracks--are better than anything else these guys have done on their own (I'm a Burial completest but I possibly need to hear more Four Tet). I wouldn't say they are catering to each others' styles so much as their styles are incomplete without each other. So yeah keep developing on their own of course, but at least collaborate more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 94  Next