It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top 50 Thrash Metal Albums
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 pm 

That album has a lot of influence, with that thick-ass sludgy drop-D tuning. Even Nirvana said they were influenced by that sound when they recorded Bleach.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 pm 

Pretty sure the guitars are tuned in E on that one. Which songs are you referring to?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm 

Pretty much all of them, especially Circle Of Tyrants....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am 

Well, trying to play it and checking up a tab on it, the song is played with guitars tuned in E.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm 

Is "Killing Technology" considered to be Voivod's best album?

I'm listening to "War And Pain" and just looooooving it right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 pm 

Nothingface and Dimenstion Hatross are Voivod's best albums.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm 

What about Reckless and Wild by Accept? It's one of the most influential speed metal albums.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:30 pm 

beaverteeth92 wrote:
speed metal

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 pm 

I swear, the Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return album is damn near as good as To Mega Therion.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:57 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... UltraBoris

This review is probably the most stupidest and insulting thing I have ever read. I can not believe any sane person would take this seriously! This moron that wrote the review does not once talk about why the album or the songs suck. He basically compares the songs to other good songs and then says that the riffs and solos just aren't even close to as good as those songs. The man swears every two seconds, and then insults the entire band of Metallica in a personal manner calling them stupid and brainless every single time he can. He's not insulting the music, he's insulting the band members and their way of life. This isn't an album review, it's a psychotic rant!

He then goes on to insult Iced Earth, Machine Head, Testament. Insults pretty much every big thrash metal band that either liked or were influenced by Metallica...hmmmm, I wonder why (and yes I know, Iced Earth isn't thrash :P)? This review was done in the clear intend of bashing Metallica just because this dumb reviewer doesn't like them. His opinion can not in anyway be taken seriously.

Metallica's Master of Puppets has been hailed by many and almost every music site in the world as being one of or probably the greatest metal album of all time. It ranks up there as one of the greatest achievements of thrash metal ever recorded. It is epic and grande in scale with riffs and solos that are timeless and memorable, and it deserves all the praise it gets. Master of Puppets was not only influential and considered the best by critics, but also by many thrash bands including Mastodon, Trivium, Machine Head, Iced Earth, Korn, and many many more. It immensely influenced the thrash metal scene whether it be in a good or bad way. I got some of this info from a simple search of wikipedia and the links it has attached to it, so this stuff isn't just coming out of my ass. Master of Puppets deserves the number 1 spot. Its quality and masterpiece status is impeccable.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:49 am 

He actually considers it to be a decent album (around 60%). The zero rating is just because of it's status as the greatest album ever, and the review was purposely written to get reactions. Bashing Testament, Machine Head and Iced Earth is understandable.

Quote:
Master of Puppets was not only influential and considered the best by critics, but also by many thrash bands including Mastodon, Trivium, Machine Head, Iced Earth, Korn, and many many more.

But what about the thrash bands?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:00 am 

metalmaiden wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Metallica/Master_of_Puppets/547/UltraBoris

This review is probably the most stupidest and insulting thing I have ever read. I can not believe any sane person would take this seriously! This moron that wrote the review does not once talk about why the album or the songs suck. He basically compares the songs to other good songs and then says that the riffs and solos just aren't even close to as good as those songs. The man swears every two seconds, and then insults the entire band of Metallica in a personal manner calling them stupid and brainless every single time he can. He's not insulting the music, he's insulting the band members and their way of life. This isn't an album review, it's a psychotic rant!

He then goes on to insult Iced Earth, Machine Head, Testament. Insults pretty much every big thrash metal band that either liked or were influenced by Metallica...hmmmm, I wonder why (and yes I know, Iced Earth isn't thrash :P)? This review was done in the clear intend of bashing Metallica just because this dumb reviewer doesn't like them. His opinion can not in anyway be taken seriously.

Metallica's Master of Puppets has been hailed by many and almost every music site in the world as being one of or probably the greatest metal album of all time. It ranks up there as one of the greatest achievements of thrash metal ever recorded. It is epic and grande in scale with riffs and solos that are timeless and memorable, and it deserves all the praise it gets. Master of Puppets was not only influential and considered the best by critics, but also by many thrash bands including Mastodon, Trivium, Machine Head, Iced Earth, Korn, and many many more. It immensely influenced the thrash metal scene whether it be in a good or bad way. I got some of this info from a simple search of wikipedia and the links it has attached to it, so this stuff isn't just coming out of my ass. Master of Puppets deserves the number 1 spot. Its quality and masterpiece status is impeccable.

Why? Because he has the balls to challenge an institution (something metal is supposed to be all about) and alot of his points come very close to the truth and you just don't want to admit it?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:54 pm 

"nuh uh! ur wrong!"

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 pm 

Oh not this shit again.... :roll: :lol:

New topic:
To Mega Therion > Master Of Puppets.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:42 am 

Yes, it is a much better album.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next