DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 am 

Jess wrote:
i think that was my favorite episode so far.

Same. Awesome scenes between some of my favourite characters.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:44 pm 

this is when jaime [sort of spoiler]really starts to become one of the most interesting characters. it's one of my favorite arcs.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:21 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Yup, best episode. Cersei stole the show with two scenes, but I feel like she's gonna go back to being a bitch next time.

Also, there's 3 episodes left? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am 

Sherick wrote:
Yup, best episode. Cersei stole the show with two scenes, but I feel like she's gonna go back to being a bitch next time.

Actually only 2 (although I strongly suspect the last one will be a 2 hour finale).

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm 

yeah it'll be 10 hours total.

i'm reading the thread on the rottentomatoes forum about game of thrones. man, what a bunch of whiners. there are a lot more book readers there, but they're most finicky and demanding "fans" ever. how can a person not be able to comprehend the fundamental concept that a screen adaption of novel source material is going to be an ADAPTION not a fucking word for word transplant--which wouldn't even work in the first place. what fools. like omg my fave one page scene where so and so says such and such isn't there! agh! or they make tywin look more like a human being and less like a ruthless one-dimesional cunt. oh no! what a shame the show does a better job of fleshing out an interesting character. one guy says the last episode was the worst one yet and has made him consider not watching anymore episodes because: he doesn't like the hound's actor (who's actually awesome imo), he wasn't impressed by the mountain's new actor (all 10 seconds of his scene with tywin), the jaime scene wasn't in the books, and some other idiotic complaint. those were some of the worst, but there's still tons of crap like that.

if you don't think the show is awesome on its own because you just don't like it then that's okay. but if you complain because it's not exactly like how YOU want it to be, despite the show on its own being great and condensing so much into so little time that it's inevitable some scenes are omitted, some characters cut out, some serving double functions, some given more screen time, some less, then please STFU. all of the major plot events and character arcs are in the show. i guess it's inevitable that a bunch of book readers will bitch about it, just like with lord of the rings, but right now i just want to throttle some of them. a bunch of negative nancies and debbie downer babies.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:18 pm 

Jess wrote:
yeah it'll be 10 hours total.

i'm reading the thread on the rottentomatoes forum about game of thrones. man, what a bunch of whiners. there are a lot more book readers there, but they're most finicky and demanding "fans" ever. how can a person not be able to comprehend the fundamental concept that a screen adaption of novel source material is going to be an ADAPTION not a fucking word for word transplant--which wouldn't even work in the first place. what fools. like omg my fave one page scene where so and so says such and such isn't there! agh! or they make tywin look more like a human being and less like a ruthless one-dimesional cunt. oh no! what a shame the show does a better job of fleshing out an interesting character. one guy says the last episode was the worst one yet and has made him consider not watching anymore episodes because: he doesn't like the hound's actor (who's actually awesome imo), he wasn't impressed by the mountain's new actor (all 10 seconds of his scene with tywin), the jaime scene wasn't in the books, and some other idiotic complaint. those were some of the worst, but there's still tons of crap like that.

if you don't think the show is awesome on its own because you just don't like it then that's okay. but if you complain because it's not exactly like how YOU want it to be, despite the show on its own being great and condensing so much into so little time that it's inevitable some scenes are omitted, some characters cut out, some serving double functions, some given more screen time, some less, then please STFU. all of the major plot events and character arcs are in the show. i guess it's inevitable that a bunch of book readers will bitch about it, just like with lord of the rings, but right now i just want to throttle some of them. a bunch of negative nancies and debbie downer babies.

A word for word transplant in any adapatation would be entirely useless and should never be made. These people irritate me to no end. It's one thing to complain about an adaptation destroying the essence of something and making it worse (the more recent Harry Potter movies are especially good examples of this) but quite another to complain about using different sequences to establish characters and fleshing them out a bit more. My friend who has read the books points out that almost every change has been one for the better.

I think the Lord of the Rings complaints were more valid because of the subtracted depth (although the movies are still great).

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm 

Jess wrote:
adaption

corrections wrote:
adapatation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:34 pm 

monga18 wrote:
Jess wrote:
adaption

corrections wrote:
adapatation

Fucking no spellcheck on my work internet and I typed it fast.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:25 pm 

monga18 wrote:
Jess wrote:
adaption

corrections wrote:
adapatation

pathetic :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm 

corrections wrote:
Sherick wrote:

Actually only 2 (although I strongly suspect the last one will be a 2 hour finale).

No, it's three. The closing promo was in error.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:59 pm 

corrections wrote:
Man I love the Tywin-Arya scenes.

Someone on another board suggested a spinoff with nothing but Tywin and Arya talking for an hour. I'M SO THERE! :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:16 pm 

Brett Alan wrote:
corrections wrote:
Sherick wrote:

No, it's three. The closing promo was in error.

Ah cool. As long as I get my 10 hours I don't much care how they do it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:17 pm 

Brett Alan wrote:
corrections wrote:
Man I love the Tywin-Arya scenes.

Someone on another board suggested a spinoff with nothing but Tywin and Arya talking for an hour. I'M SO THERE! :thumb:

Me too.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:26 pm 

redacted

Last edited by monga18 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:29 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
:eh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 65  Next