DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:25 am
Posts: 553
corrections wrote:
tyler wrote:
Road To Perdition is Mendes' best not American Beauty
The Prestige is better than Inception
Ron Howard = Boring
John Cusack is overated (and has done nothing of any importance in over a decade)
Matrix Revolutions is actually a good movie
Scorses is overated post Goodfellas
CopLand is best Stallone


Does anyone seriously dispute that Ron Howard is boring? Matrix Revolutions is a terrible movie and so is Reloaded. Goodfellas itself is severely overrated.


The biggest reason why people keep the hate on Revo..is that piece of shit that came before it ''ReLoaded''! baffling and way over the top popcorn action flick losing track of what made the first one so good..but i don't see that same problem with Revo.. cuz whatever Morpheus character spoke of in the first film pretty much played out in the third so i don't see why so many people have problems with it..anyway..As for Ron Howard well i just wanna to put it out there cuz i fucking hate the douche...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:15 pm 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 23342
tyler wrote:
corrections wrote:
tyler wrote:
Road To Perdition is Mendes' best not American Beauty
The Prestige is better than Inception
Ron Howard = Boring
John Cusack is overated (and has done nothing of any importance in over a decade)
Matrix Revolutions is actually a good movie
Scorses is overated post Goodfellas
CopLand is best Stallone


Does anyone seriously dispute that Ron Howard is boring? Matrix Revolutions is a terrible movie and so is Reloaded. Goodfellas itself is severely overrated.


The biggest reason why people keep the hate on Revo..is that piece of shit that came before it ''ReLoaded''! baffling and way over the top popcorn action flick losing track of what made the first one so good..but i don't see that same problem with Revo.. cuz whatever Morpheus character spoke of in the first film pretty much played out in the third so i don't see why so many people have problems with it..anyway..As for Ron Howard well i just wanna to put it out there cuz i fucking hate the douche...


Because everyone was hoping what Morpheus spoke of wasn't actually going to play out in a bunch of pseudo-philosophical garbage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Blackpowder Orchard
corrections wrote:
Goodfellas itself is overrated.
Never been able to stay interested in what happens the last half hour of the film.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:18 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 13197
Location: the shit kingdom, I am the lord of this region
So you give it a 6/10 because it's very bad?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Blackpowder Orchard
No, I give it a 9/10. What did you expect?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 9216
Location: Blackwater Park
Not this again. :facepalm:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Blackpowder Orchard
:snacks:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:51 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: the undiscovered country
this isn't a movie opinion, but i dont think we have a tv version of this thread so here goes: Season 3 of Arrested Development is significantly lower quality than the first two seasons and i'm kind of glad it didn't continue if it was going to keep declining. with that said, i still love it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 am 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 23342
pave wrote:
this isn't a movie opinion, but i dont think we have a tv version of this thread so here goes: Season 3 of Arrested Development is significantly lower quality than the first two seasons and i'm kind of glad it didn't continue if it was going to keep declining. with that said, i still love it.


Agreed for the most part (although I think they still came up with a pretty great ending). But its one of the reasons the show doesn't need a revival and many shows could do with being cut shorter. For example, I love Futurama but haven't watched a single anything after the 4th season because I think it ended perfectly and my memories can only be spoiled.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:54 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:51 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: the undiscovered country
corrections wrote:
pave wrote:
this isn't a movie opinion, but i dont think we have a tv version of this thread so here goes: Season 3 of Arrested Development is significantly lower quality than the first two seasons and i'm kind of glad it didn't continue if it was going to keep declining. with that said, i still love it.


Agreed for the most part (although I think they still came up with a pretty great ending). But its one of the reasons the show doesn't need a revival and many shows could do with being cut shorter. For example, I love Futurama but haven't watched a single anything after the 4th season because I think it ended perfectly and my memories can only be spoiled.


idk about the ending personally. after three seasons of getting to know the characters, it felt weird ending with both Lucille and Gob being unlikeable (more-so Lucille, since Gob dating Ann was still kind of in-character even if it was weird). i get that all the characters throughout the show are unlikeable at times, but they always found some redemption. Lucille in the end is painted completely without sympathy and it just left an odd taste imo. making her the "bad guy" combined with the revelation that Lindsay was adopted and Gob was dating Ann just kind of killed the end for me. a major theme throughout the show for me was that the family stuck together no matter all the shitty things they did to each other. and to see the family just kind of fall apart towards the end kind of sucked.

but the ending of the actual "George Sr.'s arrest and trial" plot was good.

anyway, my complaints are basically that the running jokes in the third season (especially Mr. F) aren't as funny, the meta-writing when they were trying to avoid cancellation was annoying and overly bitter/sarcastic at times, and it just felt like Hurwitz stopped liking the characters.

again, this is just relative the the gold-mine first two seasons. compared to most shows, season 3 of AD is still hilarious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 pm
Posts: 16978
Location: The Capital of the Free World
corrections wrote:
For example, I love Futurama but haven't watched a single anything after the 4th season because I think it ended perfectly and my memories can only be spoiled.


There are some good moments in the last two seasons (less consistency, though). I understand what you say about the ending and I don't think they'll come up with a better one. But the new episodes often fit into the middle of the earlier seasons (minus the Fry-Lela relationship).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:40 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
There've been some great character moments though, like Hermes relationship to Bender and Zoidberg's backstory being filled out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 pm
Posts: 16978
Location: The Capital of the Free World
Those two come to mind. I also enjoyed all the references (to animation, video games, etc.) in the most recent season finale.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 am
Posts: 8029
Location: Seattle
I like how AD ends with everyone screwing everyone over, and you're just left with, "Wow, what a bunch of shitheads." I think far too many shows have happy endings, and I love the unpredictability (but not complete unbelievability) of AD's ending. I think there is a certain gratification to the completeness of the ending, as well. It's not one of those cliche "life goes on" television endings (this is the #1 thing that worries me about the show coming back. it was such a complete package, where are they going to go from there?).

I think some of the self-aware meta writing, and the sloppy inclusion of certain stand-alone storylines (Mr. F especially) was done out of desperation. Also, they had a certain place they had in mind that they wanted to end the show at, and they ended up having to arrive there much quicker than expected.

I do agree though, I'm glad it's not still on. It's rare for a show to end on a high note.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts (Movie edition)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 5858
pave wrote:
this isn't a movie opinion, but i dont think we have a tv version of this thread so here goes: Season 3 of Arrested Development is significantly lower quality than the first two seasons and i'm kind of glad it didn't continue if it was going to keep declining. with that said, i still love it.

Is this opinion really that unpopular? It seems ubiquitous among people I've talked to about the show.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page