DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Top Ten Favorite Music Artists
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 pm 

it makes perfect sense, don't worry about it, just keep enjoying what you do and keep expanding your horizons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:40 pm 

BayPineapple wrote:
10. The Rolling Stones (I think The Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in music history. They were amazing in the 60's, released a few great song but still fell off in the 70's, and just completely fell from the 80's until now. With that being said, they have released some of the most classic songs of all-time).

this is how you review your 10th favorite band of all-time? lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:52 pm 

pave wrote:
BayPineapple wrote:
10. The Rolling Stones (I think The Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in music history. They were amazing in the 60's, released a few great song but still fell off in the 70's, and just completely fell from the 80's until now. With that being said, they have released some of the most classic songs of all-time).

this is how you review your 10th favorite band of all-time? lol

I know...it's really strange lol. I just wanted to show why they weren't higher on my list. And I think I went overboard on that opening line. They are most certainly not the most overrated band, but they are overrated. I'm going to change it now lol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 am 

BayPineapple wrote:
George wrote:
BayPineapple wrote:
6. Jimi Hendrix (Hands down the greatest guitar player of all-time and it's not even close. Nobody did more for any instrument than Hendrix did for the guitar...maybe).
let's no get carried away there... andres segovia did for guitar... and many others did for their respective instruments...

Andres Segovia, yeah that guy...cool...awesome bro. Don't really care to much for him.

Like you've ever heard of him before your google search and the few youtube clips you checked out before that reply...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:43 pm 

admittedly not the most radical change ever, but still felt the need to update

Tom Waits; Porcupine Tree; Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds; Eminem; Scott Walker; Talk Talk; Tool; Bon Iver; Godspeed You! Black Emperor; Arcade Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:23 pm 

May update again soon, as my taste are changing quite a bit atm, but as a placeholder for now:

Avery_Island: Stephin Merritt, Belle & Sebastian, Jens Lekman, Team Dresch, DJ Screw, The Supremes, Autechre, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Camera Obscura

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm 

I no longer think it's possible for me to pin down a top ten favorite artists. I still love the artists that make up my top ten listed, but I don't listen to them that often anymore because I've been listening to them for years and I can only hear something so many times before it loses its impact upon me (save a few songs/albums). Not to say that I don't enjoy them, but the spark that led me to love them is gone for a lot of these artists. Conversely, most of the new artists that I'm into haven't released as many good albums as those in my top ten list, so it's hard to compare. They also haven't influenced my tastes as much as those artists in my top ten, but that just may be because I didn't listen to them earlier. Anybody else feel this way or am I just rambling about something that nobody can relate to?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:32 pm 

I think we all experience that, yes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:05 am 

I have never been able to say what my 10 favorite anything is. Ive recently jotted down a top 25 albums, but I guess even that'll change soon enough. Its just really difficult to do so. I can say Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin and Stevie Wonder are probably my top 3, but after that, I really dont know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 am 

Still something like: Radiohead, Tom Waits, Modest Mouse, Converge, Why?, The Seatbelts, Aesop Rock, The Rolling Stones, Scott Walker, The Dillinger Escape Plan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am 

McMurphy
R.E.M., Hüsker Dü, Radiohead, Kate Bush, Stevie Wonder, John Coltrane, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Tom Waits

Last edited by McMurphy on Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 pm 

Radiohead
Muse
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Arctic Monkeys
Queen
Fleet Foxes
Neutral Milk Hotel

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 am 

OK, updated to here.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:55 pm 

Talk Talk ; Beach House ; Wu Tang Clan ; Portishead ; Flaming Lips ; Wild Beasts ; Cocteau Twins ; Radiohead ; Slint ; Weeknd

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 pm 

Bill Evans; Elton John; Glenn Gould; Thelonious Monk; Bob Dylan; Duke Ellington; Vladimir Horowitz; The Kinks; John Coltrane; Keith Jarrett

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 46  Next