It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207 ... 576  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football (Soccer).
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:01 pm 

I still kinda can't believe how far forward Torres was for his goal. I mean, obviously all the Barca outfield players were camped outside the Chelsea box, but when the ball is cleared, he's comfortably clear of any Barca player. I just would have imagined he'd have been trying to cover or nick it or something in those dying seconds. Worked out pretty well for him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 pm 

For "the best team ever" winning the CL once in 3 years isn't particularly good, especially when you consider the two times they've been knocked out were against 10 men. Still no team win it back-to-back since Milan in 89 and 90.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:08 pm 

Hang wrote:
Chelsea seem to be fantastic at organising a plan over 2 legs. Still going to be a giant feat to win the thing with Terry, Ramires and Miereles out, but it's still more players than Barca have in the final. :dance:

And Ivanovic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:14 pm 

Watch this, Lise. You can actually pin-point the second when his heart rips in half.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 pm 

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/25/ ... a-tactics/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
Master of the Universe 2008

Avery_Island wrote:
The certainly are missing Villa up front for sure. Even if nothing else but he takes defenders to mark him because he plays as much more of a proper CF, opening up space for others, due to the defenders being pinned, or at least more aware of him.

Will be interesting to see how Cesc does next season, but I'd definitely say the jury's still out as it stands.

What are you talking about? Have you even watched barcelona this year? he has the fifth best rating from players in La Liga, and third on the team from barca behind only Messi and Xavi. He hasnt' had a good month, but he is far from failing as a player.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 pm 

You seemed to miss my point, I wasn't saying he was failing as a player, I was saying Barca are sacrificing something trying to fit him into their team.

You can be a good individual player, but still be a detriment to your team, Asprilla for Newcastle in the mid-90s is the obvious example.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 pm 
Master of the Universe 2008

Right, but he is not a poor player for the team. He is one of their top scorers and assist makers, as well as posting good overall games for them. Why blame Cesc when Messi was a bigger issue tonight? He missed a penalty and hasn't scored against Chelsea in 8 games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 pm 

Again, I'm not talking about how many goals or assists he has gotten or anything.

And I'm not talking about tonight either, Fabregas coming in and the experimentation of system and the shifting of Xavi and Iniesta into deeper positions and Messi being dropped back in favour of a striker to try and fit Fabregas just seems to have been a bit of a detriment to them, they just seemed to have lost a little bit of their edge in doing so this season.

I just think Barca would've been better off without him coming and sticking to the more traditional 4-3-3 they've played in previous years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 am 

Xavi hasn't been deeper, he's actually had he's highest ever goal scoring season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 am 

FUCK CHELSEA, FUCK TERRY, FUCK DI MATTEO THAT'S A POTENTIAL £8500 DOWN THE PAN ......BASTARDS. IT COULD ONLY POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN WORSE HAD IT BEEN RANGERS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:07 am 

:lol: My sincerest condolences, Sirjock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:32 am 

sirjock wrote:
FUCK CHELSEA, FUCK TERRY, FUCK DI MATTEO THAT'S A POTENTIAL £8500 DOWN THE PAN ......BASTARDS. IT COULD ONLY POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN WORSE HAD IT BEEN RANGERS

Dare I ask how it was "potential" and how much the stake was.....?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 am 

Nick-ola wrote:
sirjock wrote:

Dare I ask how it was "potential" and how much the stake was.....?

Sure Nick, it was a 20 yankee including Celtic (with a 4 point handicap), Borussia Dortmund for the Bundesliga, Real Madrid for La Liga and Barca Champs League. £220 stake for an £8465 return. Still get a return of around £300 but FUCK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207 ... 576  Next