DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 pm 

So that last episode was interesting (the ending in particular). The most uncomfortable scene was the scene with Joffrey and the prostitutes. I almost couldn't watch it (although I'm very glad they went a different direction with the big stick than I thought they would).

And pnoom that pick reminds me that the last scene in the third episode reminds me a bunch of Boromir's death.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
corrections wrote:
I almost couldn't watch it (although I'm very glad they went a different direction with the big stick than I thought they would).

Hallelujah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 am 

It's just to show what type of sadistic bastard Joffrey really is. In the book, he has Sansa's entire robe torn off, so she's completely nude within the court, until the Hound cloaks her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:17 am 

too bad sansa's actress is only 16, amirite?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:30 am 

Show ended with a demonic queef?

Yeah, I thought that Joffrey antler-club thing was going in a whole different direction. Me and wifey were wincing and holding each other tight like "oh god no oh god no." Turns out we were still doing it, even though it went the less jesusfuckingchrist path.

The field medic is hot as fuck, even when sawing off an infected limb. Also highlighted one of the aspects of the show I liked (and discussed here before).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 pm 

Cripplers Quest wrote:

Yeah, I thought that Joffrey antler-club thing was going in a whole different direction. Me and wifey were wincing and holding each other tight like "oh god no oh god no." Turns out we were still doing it, even though it went the less jesusfuckingchrist path.

The field medic is hot as fuck, even when sawing off an infected limb. Also highlighted one of the aspects of the show I liked (and discussed here before).

Yes. Although it is funny that she is lecturing Robb who seems to be the only one of the Generals who seems to feel conflicted about sending men to their death.

Btw I mean to discuss it earlier but I don't really agree about Eddard's personal beheadings as a reason to like him less. I think it is actually a pretty good idea because having to carry out such justice yourself makes it less likely for you to order unnecessary executions (if you're an honorable person).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Somehow I feel Joffrey is going to begin ordering more spankings.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm 

corrections wrote:
Cripplers Quest wrote:

Yes. Although it is funny that she is lecturing Robb who seems to be the only one of the Generals who seems to feel conflicted about sending men to their death.

Btw I mean to discuss it earlier but I don't really agree about Eddard's personal beheadings as a reason to like him less. I think it is actually a pretty good idea because having to carry out such justice yourself makes it less likely for you to order unnecessary executions (if you're an honorable person).

I don't like him any less, but we see him carry out that "justice" on someone we know as viewers was telling the truth who is given absolutely no chance at due process or a chance to be heard/prove himself, and we see something along the same lines happen to him, even when he plays by the rules (declaring his treason). I don't question that Joffrey is a lot less honorable than Eddard, but I think Eddard's death to Joffrey helped put in perspective the same sort of power he wielded over others - what made that beheading at the beginning "necessary" despite the soldier breaking the pledge that many Night Watchmen we meet, for all intents and purposes, have been coerced into taking that if they abandon their line they must die?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 pm 

Cripplers Quest wrote:
corrections wrote:
Cripplers Quest wrote:

I don't like him any less, but we see him carry out that "justice" on someone we know as viewers was telling the truth who is given absolutely no chance at due process or a chance to be heard/prove himself, and we see something along the same lines happen to him, even when he plays by the rules (declaring his treason). I don't question that Joffrey is a lot less honorable than Eddard, but I think Eddard's death to Joffrey helped put in perspective the same sort of power he wielded over others - what made that beheading at the beginning "necessary" despite the soldier breaking the pledge most Night Watchmen are all, for all intents and purposes, coerced into taking that if they abandon their line they must die?

Well to be fair the soldier telling the truth didn't make a bit of difference as to his sentence. He fled without warning his comrades and without permission. Ned felt bound to uphold the law.

And yes it does show the hypocrisy of the society (especially since I guarantee that boy was not one of the people who would have joined much by choice) where once an institution with willing members became mainly those with no choice. That's what makes Ned so endearing but also so infuriating. His refusal to recognize anything outside of the law and the narrow conception of right leads him to leave the realm in disastrous hands.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 pm 

stannis is way too principled and inflexible to be flip romney

:lol: :lol: :lol: al gore and ned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:39 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:10 pm 

Poor, poor Renly. The most fitting claimant to the iron throne other than Dani.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm 

awesome wrote:

Pretty bad misses on Dani and Robert but otherwise pretty good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 65  Next