DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Beatles
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 4718
Location: here. hi.
The Beatles
(1960-1970)
Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am
Posts: 4445
Location: Norway
So the Red and Blue albums are apparently to be re-released this month. I never owned them originally, any reason why I should pick them up now?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:48 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 9082
You're a Beatles completist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:08 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am
Posts: 4445
Location: Norway
Nay, I've yet to buy all the original Beatles CDs from the late '80s, even, I bought the Russian equivalents instead. Got Please Please Me and With The Beatles on the same CD, with bonus tracks. Also found A Hard Day's Night and Help! with both CDs including both the original British release and the US one. Great value.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 9082
I didn't phrase that well - I was meaning to say being a Beatles completist is the only reason to get the Red/Blue albums once you have all their albums. They're good collections though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:48 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am
Posts: 4445
Location: Norway
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I think I'll pass, especially considering they won't even update the Red one with more songs, and they're still releasing it as a two-disc set despite it being a little over an hour long in total. What a waste.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm
Posts: 373
Greatest Band of All Time. So many epic masterpieces. It's crazy that one band could make so much great music in just eight years on a consistent basis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 4718
Location: here. hi.
Georgi wrote:
I didn't phrase that well - I was meaning to say being a Beatles completist is the only reason to get the Red/Blue albums once you have all their albums. They're good collections though.


Yeah, basically, if you have all their studio albums and the Past Masters compilation, you have about 99.5% of everything the Beatles every released commercially.

BTW, despite being a compilation, I seriously considered moving Past Masters into the studio albums section to emphasize its importance when I originally made this tier, but decided not to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Posts: 119
piper wrote:
Georgi wrote:
I didn't phrase that well - I was meaning to say being a Beatles completist is the only reason to get the Red/Blue albums once you have all their albums. They're good collections though.


Yeah, basically, if you have all their studio albums and the Past Masters compilation, you have about 99.5% of everything the Beatles every released commercially.

BTW, despite being a compilation, I seriously considered moving Past Masters into the studio albums section to emphasize its importance when I originally made this tier, but decided not to.


What would the other 0.5% be? I'd also like to own everything they released at some point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 9082
I have all the studio albums, the Anthologies, the BBC album, Love, and Let It Be Naked. If I wanted to be any completionist, I'd have to venture into bootlegs, and considering the absolutely vast swaths of Beatles bootlegs, it's just not worth it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:32 pm
Posts: 552
favorite beatles song?

you never give me your money or happiness is a warm gun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Posts: 1421
Location: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Golden Slumbers, The End, I'm Looking Through You, What Goes on, Ticket to Ride, Yesterday, In My Life, I've Just Seen a Face... sheesh. It's impossible to pick one from those.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am
Posts: 4445
Location: Norway
Georgi wrote:
I have all the studio albums, the Anthologies, the BBC album, Love, and Let It Be Naked. If I wanted to be any completionist, I'd have to venture into bootlegs, and considering the absolutely vast swaths of Beatles bootlegs, it's just not worth it.

You don't have this?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 am
Posts: 4233
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Holy crap, I actually agree with the album tiers! Rubber Soul-Revolver-Abbey Road is the holy trinity IMO. Can't get enough of A Hard Day's Night, definitely my favourite pre-Rubber Soul LP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:57 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Cancun
timewarne404 wrote:
favorite beatles song?

you never give me your money or happiness is a warm gun

wow strange choice-still good though

What are those Yngtchie?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page