DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: The Beatles
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 am 

The Beatles
(1960-1970)
Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988

Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am 

So the Red and Blue albums are apparently to be re-released this month. I never owned them originally, any reason why I should pick them up now?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:48 am 

You're a Beatles completist?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:08 am 

Nay, I've yet to buy all the original Beatles CDs from the late '80s, even, I bought the Russian equivalents instead. Got Please Please Me and With The Beatles on the same CD, with bonus tracks. Also found A Hard Day's Night and Help! with both CDs including both the original British release and the US one. Great value.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 am 

I didn't phrase that well - I was meaning to say being a Beatles completist is the only reason to get the Red/Blue albums once you have all their albums. They're good collections though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:48 am 

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I think I'll pass, especially considering they won't even update the Red one with more songs, and they're still releasing it as a two-disc set despite it being a little over an hour long in total. What a waste.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 pm 

Greatest Band of All Time. So many epic masterpieces. It's crazy that one band could make so much great music in just eight years on a consistent basis.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 pm 

Georgi wrote:
I didn't phrase that well - I was meaning to say being a Beatles completist is the only reason to get the Red/Blue albums once you have all their albums. They're good collections though.

Yeah, basically, if you have all their studio albums and the Past Masters compilation, you have about 99.5% of everything the Beatles every released commercially.

BTW, despite being a compilation, I seriously considered moving Past Masters into the studio albums section to emphasize its importance when I originally made this tier, but decided not to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm 

piper wrote:
Georgi wrote:

Yeah, basically, if you have all their studio albums and the Past Masters compilation, you have about 99.5% of everything the Beatles every released commercially.

BTW, despite being a compilation, I seriously considered moving Past Masters into the studio albums section to emphasize its importance when I originally made this tier, but decided not to.

What would the other 0.5% be? I'd also like to own everything they released at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm 

I have all the studio albums, the Anthologies, the BBC album, Love, and Let It Be Naked. If I wanted to be any completionist, I'd have to venture into bootlegs, and considering the absolutely vast swaths of Beatles bootlegs, it's just not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm 

favorite beatles song?

you never give me your money or happiness is a warm gun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:22 pm 

Golden Slumbers, The End, I'm Looking Through You, What Goes on, Ticket to Ride, Yesterday, In My Life, I've Just Seen a Face... sheesh. It's impossible to pick one from those.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm 

Georgi wrote:
I have all the studio albums, the Anthologies, the BBC album, Love, and Let It Be Naked. If I wanted to be any completionist, I'd have to venture into bootlegs, and considering the absolutely vast swaths of Beatles bootlegs, it's just not worth it.

You don't have this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm 

Holy crap, I actually agree with the album tiers! Rubber Soul-Revolver-Abbey Road is the holy trinity IMO. Can't get enough of A Hard Day's Night, definitely my favourite pre-Rubber Soul LP.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 pm 

timewarne404 wrote:
favorite beatles song?

you never give me your money or happiness is a warm gun

wow strange choice-still good though

What are those Yngtchie?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next