It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 157  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 pm 

Oh, and Crosby is a little fucking bitch. The Flyers aren't exactly innocent when it comes to the dirty play, but the Penguins played some of the most disgraceful hockey I've ever seen. Neal's hit on Couturier, to me, was the dirtiest, although ESPN seems to be mostly glossing over it. Neal left his skates to hit a guy who was nowhere near the puck in an attempt to take out one of the best-playing players this series.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 pm 

pgm wrote:
Oh, and Crosby is a little fucking bitch. The Flyers aren't exactly innocent when it comes to the dirty play, but the Penguins played some of the most disgraceful hockey I've ever seen. Neal's hit on Couturier, to me, was the dirtiest, although ESPN seems to be mostly glossing over it. Neal left his skates to hit a guy who was nowhere near the puck in an attempt to take out one of the best-playing players this series.

Yeah that one was bad (as was his one later in the game). I thought the worst was Asham's (which he will receive a visit from the suspension fairy I'm sure) but man was there a lot of bullshit going on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 pm 

Asham's will almost certainly be suspended because it was technically the worst (a stick to the throat--he could have taken off his head). But the Neal hit bothers me more. At least Asham was responding to a hard hit by the Flyers that was called charging (although it was borderline). Neal just took an unprovoked run at a young kid who was a star in the previous game. It was clearly a calculated attempt to injure. His run at Giroux was almost as bad (he was going down the list). There's no assurance he won't spend all of game four head hunting.

I've got to say this is probably as good a rivalry as there is in sports right now because these teams genuinely hate each other. It's not just the fans, who, trust me, hate each other just as much. Yeah, it leads to what you saw today, but it's still something to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:07 pm 

pgm wrote:
Asham's will almost certainly be suspended because it was technically the worst (a stick to the throat--he could have taken off his head). But the Neal hit bothers me more. At least Asham was responding to a hard hit by the Flyers that was called charging (although it was borderline). Neal just took an unprovoked run at a young kid who was a star in the previous game. It was clearly a calculated attempt to injure. His run at Giroux was almost as bad (he was going down the list). There's no assurance he won't spend all of game four head hunting.

Well I thought what made Asham's especially bad was not only the stick to the throat but then punching him when he was clearly down and hurt. But yeah the Neal hit was really dangerous.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 pm 

Well, I'm not going to be the one to try to argue which Pittsburgh cheap shot was less bad. I will say that the Flyers have clearly ruffled the Penguins' feathers. If the Pens faced anyone else, we'd still probably be talking about them as Stanley Cup favorites. The Flyers, for their credit, have played amazingly well, but they also simply know how to beat Pittsburgh. If the Flyers actually want to make a run, they have to shore up their defense (the goaltending has been better than the statistics, but still average at best).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:23 pm 

pgm wrote:
Well, I'm not going to be the one to try to argue which Pittsburgh cheap shot was less bad. I will say that the Flyers have clearly ruffled the Penguins' feathers. If the Pens faced anyone else, we'd still probably be talking about them as Stanley Cup favorites. The Flyers, for their credit, have played amazingly well, but they also simply know how to beat Pittsburgh. If the Flyers actually want to make a run, they have to shore up their defense (the goaltending has been better than the statistics, but still average at best).

Yes. Given that I think the Devils will beat NJ and Boston will beat Washington that leaves you with a bitch of a second round matchup against either one (Philly doesn't match up well against either I don't think).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm 

Lundqvist was otherworldly tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:25 am 

Two observations:

1 - First-round exit for the 'Nucks? Sounds right to me.

2 - Watching Penguins-Flyers is unreal. Pitt should be ashamed of themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 am 

im glad those fucking pussy canucks are gonna be dropped in the first round. glad the bruins were able to show some fight in that game and score some goals. they've really gotta start taking advantage of this young goalie. lundvquist is the hot goalie and bruins proved how far that got them last year. they're gonna be tough to beat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 pm 

zephead8 wrote:
im glad those fucking pussy canucks are gonna be dropped in the first round. glad the bruins were able to show some fight in that game and score some goals. they've really gotta start taking advantage of this young goalie. lundvquist is the hot goalie and bruins proved how far that got them last year. they're gonna be tough to beat.

NY also places a similarly (at least usually) disciplined defensive style that is helpful in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 pm 

zephead8 wrote:

You're a Bruins fan right? You know shit all about hockey.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:58 pm 

Nesquik wrote:
zephead8 wrote:

You're a Bruins fan right? You know shit all about hockey.

When the Canucks try to play tough they end up being cheap shot artists, which is playing cowardly hockey. They need to stick to what they're good at.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm 

I'm not going to disagree that the Canucks are a clean or tough team, but the Boston Bruins are so hypocritical when they have dirty, weasely players like Marchand, Krejci and Campbell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 157  Next