DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 970 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:48 pm 

I pictured her uglier, to be honest.

And yeah, Brienne is pretty bad ass. I'm up to the part where ...

She has to flee after Renly is assassinated. I haven't read another Catelyn POV, so I only know they've left and she believes Stannis now controls the strongest force.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 pm 

Itlan wrote:
I wonder how hideous she'll be. Or if they'll just skip over that part and make her hot as hell because that's what the target audience wants to see lol.

And yes, she is a complete cunt through GoT, but with CoK, she matures and becomes much more "Stark"-like.

Nah. She's still useless as fuck and naive, albeit to a slightly lesser extent.

As for the first episode of season 2, while there were some awesome moments, I felt it a tad rushed. Specifically the introduction of Davos, Stannis and Melisandre is skipped over too much.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

Forgotten Son wrote:
Itlan wrote:
I wonder how hideous she'll be. Or if they'll just skip over that part and make her hot as hell because that's what the target audience wants to see lol.

And yes, she is a complete cunt through GoT, but with CoK, she matures and becomes much more "Stark"-like.

Nah. She's still useless as fuck and naive, albeit to a slightly lesser extent.

As for the first episode of season 2, while there were some awesome moments, I felt it a tad rushed. Specifically the introduction of Davos, Stannis and Melisandre is skipped over too much.

Given her circumstances? I think Superman would be useless under those circumstances.

And fuck Melisandre. I hope Tony Soprano shoots her in the fucking head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 am 

Holy shit episode 2 is amazing.

http://fullepisode.info/game-of-thrones ... ght-lands/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:14 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm 

sansa could have pushed joffrey off he walkway and ended this shit.

fuck, wait til next week or not? i can't help myself.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:10 pm 

I feel like Joffrey's going to get what's coming to him at some point this season, I can't fucking wait. That kid has no soul.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm 

chicken sandwich wrote:
I feel like Joffrey's going to get what's coming to him at some point this season, I can't fucking wait. That kid has no soul.

While he is absolutely horrible, I wouldn't go so far as that. He's a very weak and cowardly person and those people are some of the worst to give power to. That combined with his instincts for cruelty (largely I think to prove that he isn't a little bitch) make him awful in power.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 pm 

Itlan wrote:

that was really fucking good. much better than the first. getting all of the exposition that kick started all of the subplots out of the way in the first episode was a good idea, so this one could focus way more on awesome scenes and tension than explication.

jaqen, davos, stannis, and xhalador were casted really well. i'm still unsure about melisandre, but she's definitely hot as hell, which is appropriate.

i loved the tyrion-janos seen, and bronn's opportunism in general. the cersei-tyrion scene was also great. the cgi direwolves are badass.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:59 pm 

Most of the casting have been really good. Stannis is the only one I have a problem with, since he isn't bald on the top with retarded hair on the sides, but whatever, no big deal. I believe Stannis needs to be a bit sterner, but he's done an okay job so far. I mean, Stannis and Theon are pretty much my favorite characters in A Clash of Kings, so maybe I'm being overcritical.

Either way, very good episode.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 pm 

One of the things I love about this series is despite the fact that I'm rooting for certain characters/families (as I think is intended), I also take a step back at parts and realize some of the same things they're enduring the same sort of setbacks and tragedies they have been exercising on others for years (easiest example - Ned executing the Night's Watch abandoner at the beginning of the series and not letting himself be swayed/HAVING to set an example and insisting on his execution, then being made an example of by Joffrey later on). Just lots of areas/moments where I find myself stepping back and thinking "hmm, should I even be sympathetic to the overall Starks' cause afterall?", which I think is a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:57 pm 

Well, Martin does a great job of that within the books. Catelyn constantly questions herself over what she'd do to protect her children the same way Cersei is trying to. She almost sympathizes for the Lannisters, because she knows how important family is. Tyrion also helps to grey the Lannisters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm 

minor spoilersalso some of the more noble characters' loyalty to the realm is put in perspective and arbitrated by harking back to the rebellion that they themselves led against the realm, which killed 10000s and most of the ruling family. they were all guilty of treason. varys hints at stuff like this frequently.

anyways, after thinking about it, the series in order of preference:

1. storm of swords
2. clash of kings
3. dance with dragons
4. game of thrones
5. feast for crows

the last 3 are all pretty close. i only think feast for crows isn't as "good" as the others because of martin's decision on how to break up the narrative and not because it's boring or poor writing. he thought it was necessary, and since he sees the series as one long epic and not a series of partitioned chunks of narrative, i don't think it's that big of a deal. he could have compromised the pacing and deliberative unfolding of the plot to sate impatient fans, but he didn't and people got mad. the only thing that makes it not as good is because of the characters who were held back to reappear in dance with dragons. as an installment inside the greater narrative, it's well done and another step towards the completion of the story. it's still an awesome book that i read in like 8 days.

books 4 and 5 are sort of like act 2, or the transition and semi-repose between the initial chaos of act 1, and the forthcoming chaos of act 3.

Last edited by Jess on Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 pm 

joffrey is the blonde kid in batman begins:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 970 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65  Next