DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 217  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Lambert
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 pm 

Coming out of Lurkdom long enough to say that I totally agree with you on this, Queen. Hope you are doing well!

I love this live version. Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:39 pm 

How very nice to "see" you again, Cougar! Thanks. I really love Adam's vocals in anything actually but after listening to that version of OOL...I couldn't fathom anyone saying it "blows" :clashwho: I'd love to hear THEM attempt to sing it! :lol:
Thanks again for "de-lurking" today! :tiphat:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:18 pm 

Sir wrote:
beyonddeities wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajr6N7IV60g&feature=related

I can't be sure if this is actually Adam or not. Buzzy track

Take it up two semitones in Audacity and it becomes Time Stands Still by Uh Huh Her.

and you called that one, Sir! :biggrin: Cam of UHH when asked if it was Adam said: "Nupe, that's a pitched down version of our song off our album "Nocturnes". =) Not adam." This is the second UHH song that has been posted on YT as Adam by doing this, and I'm sure there are more I have not run into yet...some fans know this is not Adam and have tried to post under the video, but they monitor all comments so only positive ones saying it is Adam are getting through. UHH have some nice songs though....I like this one :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 am 

2012-03-25 Adam Lambert - Acoustic NCOE - Bing Lounge Portland

audio http://soundcloud.com/scorpios4music/20 ... mbert-ncoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 am 

queenrosered wrote:
How very nice to "see" you again, Cougar! Thanks. I really love Adam's vocals in anything actually but after listening to that version of OOL...I couldn't fathom anyone saying it "blows" :clashwho: I'd love to hear THEM attempt to sing it! :lol:
Thanks again for "de-lurking" today! :tiphat:

Joe is a great singer and could pull it off. But even if he couldn't, it wouldn't mean he's unable to criticise the song. I wasn't the biggest fan of the St Agathe en Feux version, but the Austria version is lovely.

I liked the acoustic NCOE too. But the studio version is still horrible. So dull. Sounds like bottom of the barrel 90's electropop/house, like they salvaged it from the cutting room floor of a Haddaway recording session :nono: Should have been electro rock-y like If I Had You and Pick U Up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 am 

sure he's got technical prowess, but isn't anyone the least bit concerned with his soul?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:43 am 

Patrick wrote:
sure he's got technical prowess, but isn't anyone the least bit concerned with his soul?

WTF?
Are you referring to LAMBERT'S soul, Pickett's or the Bee Gees? So confusing... :eh:
If you're talking about Lambert...He's damned if he does ("too theatrical" etc..) and damned if he doesn't ("not enough emotion" etc..) :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm 

Internet Pro-Tips

-copied & pasted from Tumblr

1. You don’t need to add a scumbag hat to every meme.

2. Actually, you don’t have to add a meme or macro image to every single event, comment or instance.

3. Even better, and I know this is really, achingly, desperately hard for Tumblr users to understand, but brevity is the soul of wit. I can’t even count how many memes have been completely fucking ruined because people realize the inherent wit in something like “One Does Not Simply…” and then make four billion macros like, “One Does Not Simply Eat One Chip”, thereby completely destroying the joke. FUCKING STOP IT. YOU’RE NOT FUNNY.

4. Huge threads of nothing but Dr. Who GIFS make you look like you started using the internet sometime last Tuesday and it’s painful to watch.
(not just Dr.Who GIFS)

5. Sometimes, adding a caption to a picture actually ruins the joke.

6. Stop reblogging “Follow this blog! You’ll love it on your dashboard!” and shit from 9gag. That shit is cancer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:56 pm 

This just turned interesting. :snacks:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:44 pm 

queenrosered wrote:
Are you referring to LAMBERT'S soul, Pickett's or the Bee Gees? So confusing... :eh:
If you're talking about Lambert...He's damned if he does ("too theatrical" etc..) and damned if he doesn't ("not enough emotion" etc..) :confused:

No, I think he's concerned about Adam Lambert's actual soul, because he's gay.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 pm 

beyonddeities wrote:
Internet Pro-Tips

2. Actually, you don’t have to add a meme or macro image to every single event, comment or instance.

3. Even better, and I know this is really, achingly, desperately hard for Tumblr users to understand, but brevity is the soul of wit. I can’t even count how many memes have been completely fucking ruined because people realize the inherent wit in something like “One Does Not Simply…” and then make four billion macros like, “One Does Not Simply Eat One Chip”, thereby completely destroying the joke. FUCKING STOP IT. YOU’RE NOT FUNNY.

4. Huge threads of nothing but Dr. Who GIFS make you look like you started using the internet sometime last Tuesday and it’s painful to watch.
(not just Dr.Who GIFS)

6. Stop reblogging “Follow this blog! You’ll love it on your dashboard!” and shit from 9gag. That shit is cancer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 am 

Mumei wrote:
beyonddeities wrote:
Internet Pro-Tips

(not just Dr.Who GIFS)

:snacks: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 am 

beyonddeities wrote:
Internet Pro-Tips

Tips

<3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm 

ClashWho wrote:
queenrosered wrote:

No, I think he's concerned about Adam Lambert's actual soul, because he's gay.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:35 pm 

queenrosered wrote:
beyonddeities wrote:
JRB wrote:
Wow... Outlaws Of Love totally blows. As does BTIKM. :confused:
Hoping the rest of the album is better.

(and please, no need for the Lambert fangirls to reassure me that it will be.)

Awww babe don't worry it totally will be!

OWNED!
You rock BD! :lol:

Oh dear. Don't trying pulling off "owned" :lol: At least you used a Freddie GIF.
(then again, you just had to resort to using a GIF at all...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 217  Next