DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:26 pm 

remember "joey"? the office needs to end this season. or maybe one more and just go super retrospective.

and rainn wilson isn't that funny and neither is his character..not anymore at least.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 am 

They just kept making the characters more and more unsympathetic as the show went on. Jim specifically went full on cunt the past few seasons. Like I said before literally the only character I ended up still being sympathetic to and enjoying when he was on is Creed. Everybody else is just an asshole. It's like what happened with Friends where Joey ended up being the only person that had somewhat redeeming qualities.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:53 am 

well andy is still good. but they've centered his story around erin and they've already played out that tug of war plot with jim and pam.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:35 pm 

Anyone still watching this? The 2nd to last episode was pretty heartwarming in an extremely cheesy, sappy way. Though if you were watching the show in order and were on the 3rd season, and you saw last night's episode with basically the climax/resolution of the Jim & Pam storyline, you would probably wonder if you were even watching the same show. So sappy. Darryl's goodbye was classic Office though. It really captured what I loved about this show in its early days, which is just a portrayal of the life-affirming moments that exist within the details of a mundane life.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:38 pm 

It's finally over, thank God

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 am 

haha, hell yes. Kransinski's performances in the last four or five episodes were awful, the storyline with the camera crew was awful...you could feel what tiny amount of air was left being sucked out of the show. I did enjoy Steve carrell's cameo, though...it was the only part I liked.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:49 am 

batman wrote:
Anyone still watching this? The 2nd to last episode was pretty heartwarming in an extremely cheesy, sappy way. Though if you were watching the show in order and were on the 3rd season, and you saw last night's episode with basically the climax/resolution of the Jim & Pam storyline, you would probably wonder if you were even watching the same show. So sappy. Darryl's goodbye was classic Office though. It really captured what I loved about this show in its early days, which is just a portrayal of the life-affirming moments that exist within the details of a mundane life.

I hated the Jim-Pam storyline this season. During the episode you're talking about I was thinking "Pam, you bitch; Jim, you idiot". Glad it was resolved in a good manner.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:57 pm 

kosherrock wrote:
haha, hell yes. Kransinski's performances in the last four or five episodes were awful, the storyline with the camera crew was awful...you could feel what tiny amount of air was left being sucked out of the show. I did enjoy Steve carrell's cameo, though...it was the only part I liked.

Yeah I also thought his cameo was really well done. I like how they only gave him the spotlight once or twice, because the whole thing with his character was that he finally found contentment with Holly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:55 am 

I think Creed is the most underrated member of the Office. He is consistently hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm 

I've seen many episodes of the office but this is my first time watching it in order. I'm liking seasons 3 and 4 the best so far. In the early seasons Michael's stupidity is just so wince-worthy it is difficult to continue watching. In 3 and 4 it gets toned down a bit and is more easy to stomach. I also think it is funnier with a lot more quotable lines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:59 pm 

I disagree there. I love season 3 and 4 also to a lesser extent, but there's a clear trend of Michael (and all the supporting characters) becoming more cartoonish as the seasons go on. Like in the Launch Party episode, he thinks there's a nightclub called "Chatroom" with a password of "password" to get in? and it doesn't click with him that the address begins with "www"? The Michael Scott Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure? "Survivorman" in the woods?

He did plenty of dumb stuff in seasons 1 and 2, but I don't recall any of it being so ridiculous. I'll agree that the earlier seasons make you cringe more, but I think that's because his stupidity is more believable (and I enjoy that more).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:27 pm 

Yeah definitely with jumpman. Another example is Michael believing that salad is weed. Ugh. Although season 3 is my second favourite after 2. Season one would be better for me, but since I watched The UK Office first, it's a little too similar. Season 4 is the last one worth watching.

And I really don't think Creed is underrated at all. He's just not used too often, which is a very good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:47 pm 

jumpman8828 wrote:
but there's a clear trend of Michael (and all the supporting characters) becoming more cartoonish as the seasons go on.

That happens in every long running TV show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm 

Flandersization, it's called

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:49 am 

What season did this show's quality start to drop off? 8?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next