DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 217  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Lambert
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 pm 

OMG Greg! Adam is BOUND to see the video now! The Home Planet is a cool site for ALL things Lambert so there you guys are! COOL! :dance: Congrats! I know Adam is very busy but I hope he takes the time to watch and respond! :snacks:

http://www.thehomeplanet.org/2012/02/lm ... ment-55785

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 pm 

Hahaha! I love this! We were just doing a video for kicks, now this is happening! :lol: :cool: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:03 am 

Hey that's awesome, Greg!

I've never been to that site before. Does it get a lot of visitors?

It would be killer if Adam got to view your video, and even better if he tweets about it and it goes viral.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:18 am 

Val Salva wrote:
Hey that's awesome, Greg!

I've never been to that site before. Does it get a lot of visitors?

It would be killer if Adam got to view your video, and even better if he tweets about it and it goes viral.

I know you asked Greg, Val....but I've been on The Home Planet site for a couple years now and I have my Google alert set so that ANYTIME the name "Adam Lambert" is in any article or blog, I get email with a link.
Home Planet isn't an "official" fan site but is much better, more up-to-date and comprehensive than others.Adam DOES "lurk" and read many articles on various sites but seldom comments except on Twitter.I'm sure he will see the video but don't know that he'll comment.I hope he does though.
Anyway..keep an eye on Home Planet. Have a great day! :tiphat:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:42 pm 

Meatloaf is a Glambert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2TS9d0k ... re=related

He hangs out with Elton John & Katy Perry Sunday night, has a studio session with Bruno Mars on Monday, announces another date with Queen, and gets hyperbolic praise from Meatloaf. I'd say a pretty decent week for Adam.

I just wish his single was better. I doubt I will ever hear BTIKM on the radio.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 pm 

For those who may not have seen this yet (new online, comments by the Sonsiphere organiser)

http://www.craveonline.com/music/277-pr ... -organiser

:snacks:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 pm 

Val says:
Quote:

Really Val? Who uses the radio for their music fix anymore? Music has gone the way of books pretty much....digital. People prefer to make their OWN playlists for mp3 players, iPods, etc.
We use our 6 CD changer in our car to listen to music without commercials and smarmy DJs.
Also music videos online and on TV (MTV and VH1) are bigger (more important) than radio play.
Even so, MOST pop stations have added BTIKM to their line-up.You simply do not like that particular song.But as I've said, it was a "soft roll-out" for radio and I'm sure there will be many on the album that you do like.
It's ALL good! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:10 pm 

I seriously hear BTIKM all the time. Malls, TV, car radio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 pm 

Not heard it here once. But the UK is getting a different lead single apparently.

I'm okay with this :snacks:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:29 pm 

queenrosered wrote:
Val says:
Quote:

Really Val? Who uses the radio for their music fix anymore? Music has gone the way of books pretty much....digital. People prefer to make their OWN playlists for mp3 players, iPods, etc.
We use our 6 CD changer in our car to listen to music without commercials and smarmy DJs.
Also music videos online and on TV (MTV and VH1) are bigger (more important) than radio play.
Even so, MOST pop stations have added BTIKM to their line-up.You simply do not like that particular song.But as I've said, it was a "soft roll-out" for radio and I'm sure there will be many on the album that you do like.
It's ALL good! :wink:

I can see how you might interpret my sentence like that, but what I really meant by it was that I don't think radio will play it. I really only listen to pop radio while I'm in the car with my wife and kids. I don't care for much of what is played (and I certainly don't use the radio for a "music fix"), but I do want Adam to have a hit. Has MTV started playing videos? Maybe I'll have to start watching that station again.

For the most part, I listen to 60s - 90s music, and some 50s every now and then. I have 16,000 songs on my ipod, so yes, I have various playlists.

Anyway, the vast majority of songs that become smash hits owe their success to radio, and radio hits make stars.

It is good to see that the new single is being played in some areas though. It's not getting any airplay in Memphis, but pop radio here seems to plays the same 10-20 songs over and over. I just want him to have a song that joins that group, like WWFM did.

Btw, I may not like the studio version of BTIKM, but I do love his live versions.

Hope you enjoy the weekend. :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:56 pm 

Hi Val! Actually, BTIKM is getting some good airplay in different areas of the USA and other countries.
There are, sadly, a few pop stations who do exactly what you've mentioned here and play the same tired songs over and over until you wanna scream! :clashwho: That's the MAIN reason I don't listen to radio.
Even on MTV it takes quite a long time to crack the Top 40...then when you do, it can be there for months or even YEARS! :freak: Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" from 2008 is still in top 40 as is Lambert's "Whataya Want From Me" at #25...from 2010! All I know is that I get most of my music from the internet, as well as videos on the net. But I do know from friends around the world (literally) as well as BD here on DDD, his new song IS getting played. As it gets more requests, it gains more spins, etc.
The real kick will be from live touring! That's where he rakes it in from merchandise, tickets sold, etc.
The old formula for a "hit" WAS from radio.I also listen to mostly songs from the '50's thru 80's.Lambert is almost my only exception today. I love classic rock as well as some early pop and he's right there in that "sweet spot" for me.
Right now, it's all I can do not to jump out of my skin waiting for the next two shows with Queen! I am PRAYING they do "Who Wants To Live Forever" and many others but especially that! (I Want To Break Free would also be awesome!) :cool:
Thanks Val. You have a great day as well! :tiphat:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 pm 

Val Salva wrote:

It is good to see that the new single is being played in some areas though. It's not getting any airplay in Memphis, but pop radio here seems to plays the same 10-20 songs over and over. I just want him to have a song that joins that group, like WWFM did.

Btw, I may not like the studio version of BTIKM, but I do love his live versions.

Hope you enjoy the weekend. :cheers:

Delurking for a second to say that BTIKM is getting some airplay in Memphis on WMC FM 100 (99.7) but it may just be overnight spins, I'm not sure. You can request it if you want on their homepage: http://www.fm100memphis.com/ (on the right side, the little black box in the navigation links) or on medibase here: http://mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationpl ... let=WMC-FM

Anybody curious about which of their local stations are playing it and how to request to get them to play it more: http://requestadamlambert.com/stations-playing/ stays up to date.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:22 pm 

This is for all readers/contributors on this post but mostly for Greg. I think it does another great job of expressing the "snobbery" of a few Queen/Mercury fans. :wink:
http://vimeo.com/37395860
Enjoy! :dance:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:06 pm 

oh my god is this a thread for the guy from muse? i listened to one of their albums a few years ago!!! it was pretty ok i'd give it 6/10 not like mind blowing stuff, but i like that the lead singer being a eunuch, nice little gag they threw in

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 am 

Patrick wrote:
oh my god is this a thread for the guy from muse? i listened to one of their albums a few years ago!!! it was pretty ok i'd give it 6/10 not like mind blowing stuff, but i like that the lead singer being a eunuch, nice little gag they threw in
No, it's the guy who wishes he was in Muse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 217  Next