It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 305  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cricket.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:12 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Hussey was running to the danger end though, and being as quick as he is, he wouldn't made it pretty easily. Mind you, his calling was pretty shite. McKay's runout shouldn't have happened.

Which Win commentators do you like?

honestly they're all fucking woeful, it's a terrible, terrible team. i can't remember the last time one of them said something that was remotely insightful. slater and nicholas are particularly painful. mute the tele and turn on the radio (though you might want to watch in silence if henry lawson or adelman get the mic).

d.huss has been just about our best bat this series. glad to see the lankans go through. apart from the fact that i don't really like india they're more deserving.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 am 

Not a fan of Greig or Chappell?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 am 

greig's a moron. his anti-bcci and indian rants this summer where amusing, though. i completely forgot about chappelli. i knew there was someone i liked.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Hussey was running to the danger end though, and being as quick as he is, he wouldn't made it pretty easily. Mind you, his calling was pretty shite. McKay's runout shouldn't have happened.

? hussey was on strike and the ball went behind the stupms.. hilf was going to the danger end, and again no wickets in hand why take the perceived risk.
anyway lawry and greig are still easily the best commentators, its mindblowing that they are still the most animated and dynamic in the box, and probably the most insightful after chappellli. all the 'young' guys are ordinary but at least nicholas and slater are polished, and measured in their drivel. taylor and healy are uncouth louts that opine ham-fisted nonsense the whole time, blowed if i know how theyve lasted this long.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:41 pm 

CH9 commentary is hard to listen to sometimes. I don't want to see polls during the test series asking if the audience wants to see Tony Grieg in a mankini. Mark Nicholas is probably my least favourite television personality and I find myself screaming when ever he is on. He's particularly awkward when interviewing. Healy commentates as if he's a gameshow host or he's trying to get his big break in acting. They're the Britney Spears of commentating and they need to be executed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:39 pm 

yeah they are all pretty ordinary on nine perhaps they have been there too long and need a clean out. greig annoys me, so does slater and healy, taylor does come out with some crap but hes better than those three, chappelli can be ok, and nicholas tries to be an aussie fan and also insightful but ends up being cringeworthy, they are so bad im finding bradshaw to be the best :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am 

I think the nine commentary team are fantastic. All of them. Especially Heals and Tubby, they provide great insight into the game and quality banter IMO. Slats is always good value and I think his serious, analytical style is well balanced out by the lighter, more vibrant colour provided by Chappelli in particular. Greig and Lawry are probably the weakest in the team at the moment, but they're still decent. Nicholas is a star and I for one think nine have done pretty well to bring the world's best cricket commentator out here for the last however many years. Other cricketing countries would kill to have him leading the coverage of their home games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 am 

i actually dont mind nicholas either, but i still think bill and tony are the best entertainers in the box, hands down. but taylor is easily the worst, the man is a grade a moron and seems to decide he is going to work one particular angle/insight for the entire day (probably because 2 different thoughts isnt an option) and wont let it go no matter how banal or absurd it is. combine that with his decidedly uncouth drawl and you have a recipe for bleeding eardrums. harsha bogle should be poached by channel nine though, that man is a blooody genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:37 am 

youre right on taylor focusing on one point too long and he makes up fielding positions there is 72 cover positions according to him, cover, deep cover, deep extra, cover point, deep extra cover point, deep backward cover point, deep extra backward squarish cover, deep, backward, extra, squarish, deepish sweeping, silly cover point etc...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:46 am 

rockvirtuoso wrote:
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:

? hussey was on strike and the ball went behind the stupms.. hilf was going to the danger end, and again no wickets in hand why take the perceived risk.
anyway lawry and greig are still easily the best commentators, its mindblowing that they are still the most animated and dynamic in the box, and probably the most insightful after chappellli. all the 'young' guys are ordinary but at least nicholas and slater are polished, and measured in their drivel. taylor and healy are uncouth louts that opine ham-fisted nonsense the whole time, blowed if i know how theyve lasted this long.

It was Hussey running to the danger end. Hilfenhaus inside edged it to leg slip/gully. The next ball he faced was the last of Malinga's which he was close to edging to Sangakkara.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:20 pm 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7a6f2bd5f9

thoughts ? Ian Chappell on Sachin....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 am 

What a great fight back by Kulasekara and Tharanga. Thank God Australia scored as much as they did, because their bowling this game was never going to win them the game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:58 am 

it was a great effort from sri lanka to come back, but australia had a lame period of bowling hittable shite, and kul and thar did bat well, quite amazingly at times. sri lanka thrive on that sort of game where it is just throw the text book out and go for it, some of the timing of the ball was stunning. if australia didn't win that game it would have been a joke, but they did and bring on game two.
also a special mention for warner what an innings 163 off 151, there was talk of dropping him lucky they didn't, you have to stick with a talent like this he will have some ups and downs, but mainly ups.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 am 

Another great game in what's been a really good tri-series. It's too bad it's so late in the season/start of footy season as it's not had the attention it deserves.

Wouldn't mind if Sri Lanka won the 2nd game to be honest to take it to a decider.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:44 am 

This might be the best tri-series I've seen/can remember.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 305  Next