DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Dad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 pm 

Yah Roger is just funny to me, no matter what. I just love the eccentricity.
I've actually come to like Steve a lot more too. Definitely funnier than Chris from Family Guy... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 am 
The woodchipper episode...one of the funniest ever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 am 

Which one was that? I don't think I've seen them all, but I know I've seen at least 3/4 of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 am 
Stan's boss kills a woman and blames it on his wife. I'd have to find a video of it.

Jesus fucking christ. I leave this shithole and people are still talking about me. Grow the fuck up losers. Jesus fucking christ.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 am 

Like who?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sodacake or Hang. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:19 am 
I'm just tired of the childish blabbering about me every day. Nobody can stop talking about me but once I reply they tell me I need to grow up. Fucking christ on a stick. Timi has become a real goddamn asshole lately. I hope his whole family dies in a horrible car crash...anyway........

The episode I'm talking about is where Stan puts a dead woman through a woodchipper....then at the end of the episode his wife is taking care of a foreign baby and asks Stan what she is suppose to do with him. Next scene shows Stan with a woodchipper again, you think he is putting the baby through the woodchipper but he isnt. It's not nearly as funny talking about it. I wish I could find a video.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:02 am 
The writers of American Dad need to work on Family Guy cause to me American Dad has always been better than Family Guy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:08 am 

I can't agree, though I hold the two very close.
American Dad has more high points, but Family Guy's high points make me laugh harder.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:23 am 
Family Guy has taken this more serious approach. I like the stupid wacky Family Guy better. Oh well, South Park is still better than both of them. Look at the Emmy's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:18 am 

Could never get into South Park a whole lot.
Made me laugh a few times, but still.....meh. It just seems to me like they try too hard to be funny, IMO.
And "OMG, they killed Kenny!" is possibly the most annoying, unfunny catchphrase of all time.

Personal preference for me...

Simpsons > Family Guy > Beavis & Butt-Head > Ren & Stimpy > American Dad >> South Park.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 am 
Everybody these days try to be controversial because of South Park. South Park was naturally offensive and funny. Now everybody wants to be offensive and raise the bar. South Park started it all. Family Guy has shitty writers. South Park has mostly one writer for every episode. How impressive is that?

Trey Parker is a fucking beast. Go to wikipedia and look at the writers for the South Park episodes.

Seth McFarlane has nothing on Trey or Matt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:19 am 

Black Zeppelin wrote:
Everybody these days try to be controversial because of South Park. South Park was naturally offensive and funny. Now everybody wants to be offensive and raise the bar. South Park started it all. Family Guy has shitty writers. South Park has mostly one writer for every episode. How impressive is that?

Trey Parker is a fucking beast. Go to wikipedia and look at the writers for the South Park episodes.

Seth McFarlane has nothing on Trey or Matt.

If anything, Beavis And Butt-Head was the inspiration for cartoons to be more controversial. South Park followed, but the trend was started by Mike Judge (for the modern era, anyway). Shit, I even remember newspaper articles about parents being pissed because their kids were attempting to do stunts they learned from the show. I grew up with that show and I remember all the controversy around it. A lot of parents, and even teachers, were fully opposed to it.
And as for the cursing and all that, while South Park took that a step further, there's no doubt in my mind it wouldn't have been possible without shows like B&BH.

And I dont care how "satirically brilliant" Trey and Matt are, I'll still take McFarlane's nonsense, hit-you-in-the-face humor any day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm 
Trey and Matt came up with the idea for South Park around the same time that Beavis & Butt-head were being made. Also Ren and Stempy was more controversial than Beavis & Butt-head. Mike Judge's show hardly ever used bad words. It was pretty harmless compared to other shows.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:43 pm 

Simpsons was pretty edgy back in the day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:38 pm 

Ren and Stimpy: 1991
Spirit of Christmas: 1992, so they were probably working on it since 91 anyway.
Beavis and Butthead: 1993

There's no way in hell that Beavis and Butthead deserves credit for paving the way for South Park or any other controversial cartoon, and really... that all started way before any of these guys, especially allegedly on the subliminal level (Not even always subliminal either, and I'm talking about Walt if that's not obvious)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next