DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martial Arts.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:49 am 

omigawa is the highest level judoka in the ufc at the moment as far as i know but hes been going terribly of late. dong hyun kim comes from a high level judo base and that jim hettes kid showed some great judo against nam phan as well. outside of the ufc there is aoki and lombard as you mentioned. but yeah wrestling seems to be more popular than judo as a base in mma i think thats partially to do with the fact that the united states has a high number of wrestlers than judo practitioners, judo is also reliant on the gi to an extent too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 pm 

mike pierce at weigh-ins... :lol:

also, one of the biggest fight possible outside of UFC is being rumored: Hector Lombard vs Mamed Khalidov (!!)

i'd be very excited about it, if it in fact comes to fruition...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:18 pm 

nick diaz agrees with me and wants to see more judo in mma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eci_rVr9m6s

also, ronda rousey > miesha tate (both as a fighter and as a looker)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:30 am 

BlueTrain wrote:
i think roy is a better striker and has enough jiu jitsu to survive on the ground long should it go there.

lol

Condit/Diaz was a decent fight but disappointing given the fireworks we were expecting, condit fought a smart fight but it was a bit frustrating to watch. I'd have to see it again to score it but it could have gone to diaz as well. Werdum/big country was the best fight on the main card, werdum's striking looked real good, i think werdum/mir is the next fight to make. I missed the prelims but saw the facebook prelim with the kempo karate figther stephen thomspon, that knockout was spectacular. Id like to see how his style matches up against a more experience ufc welterweight, he's got a machida type of style except with more kicks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:55 pm 

i think you forgot how good fabricio's standup was against overeem... he's improved a lot... couple that with his big size and reach advantage, it's not surprising he dominated big country... i can't believe roy took all those knees and survived. i'd probably be done after just one of those... my god...

werdum vs mir sounds good... i was actually thinking mir could fight cain in a title fight eliminator... but in any case those three seem to round out ufc's top 5 heavyweights at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:01 am 

i dont know if id say his striking was 'good' against reem, he kind of fought in such a weird way that it negated overeem's striking sort of, he kinda charged at overeem then flopped to the ground once alistair countered. but yeah his striking is solid, mir would be an interesting fight for him as mir hits hard but has a suspect chin i believe. mir/cain is interesting too but as far as i know the ufc generally doesnt match someone who just won against someone who just lost, so maybe cain/carwin?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 am 

maybe... but is carwin even going to be healthy enough for a chance to be dominated by cain?

diaz vs condit II is on!!!! O_O

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 am 

i actually think carwin could beat cain, not saying id expect him to but he definitely could. carwin has the wrestling to stop cain from taking him down and while cain is a more rounded technical striker carwin has the superior chin and power. not sure the fight will happen given that carwin is on a 2 fight losing streak, carwin might fight someone lower down the food chain. how did you score condit/diaz george? i watched it again and had diaz winning 1,2 and 5 though there is a good argument for condit winning too. im hoping diaz wins the rematch, not to say i dislike carlos but his strategy was kind of frustrating to watch and i think we all want to see diaz/gsp.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm 

Dominick Cruz cannot fight soon enough, I feel deprived.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm 

I'm taking up kick-boxing this week. Should be pretty fun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm 

:thumb:

pollie, some called condit's performance cruz-like :-)

i don't score fights, trane... well, i score them with my heart... (-:
i don't think either did enough to win (or lose), and anybody claiming otherwise is delusional... so i'm just happy for the rematch because hopefully the outcome will be more decisive... i've no prediction in whose favor.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:42 pm 

marijuana????????? :facepalm:
who cares... how is in any way shape or form performance enhancing in this sport...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:24 pm 

Sodacake wrote:
I'm taking up kick-boxing this week. Should be pretty fun.

Turns out the next beginners program doesn't start until April. Fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 pm 

you can start training now... if you're unsure about technique, start with physical preparation - improving conditioning, flexibility, strength.

Quote:
Alistair Overeem will challenge UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santoson May 26 in Las Vegas. The winner of that is likely to face the winner of a Frank Mir-Cain Velasquez bout, confirmed Fertitta.

Fertitta also said Tito Ortiz's wish has been granted, he'll be getting Forrest Griffin for a third time. With Griffin's desire to always fight in Las Vegas and it being Ortiz's swan song, the fight is a lock for Sin City. Whether it's on May 26 or July 7 is unknown. Fertitta said the July 7 card will be headlined by Dominick Cruz-Urijah Faber III.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:56 pm 

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Also I'm gonna get a diet started. Get used to that first.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next