DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 39  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 1819
I remember Matt sent me Diadem of 12 Stars YEARS ago. Matt really knew his metal, without him I'd never have listened to Remedy Lane either.

The only thing I don't really like about WIITR is the drummer's mixing. His snare usually sounds like absolute shit in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 1819
dreamcoil wrote:
new alcest

Image
-http://www.mediafire.com/?zobt656ind7g481

so beautiful. 2012's first gooood metal record

First time I've ever listened to this. The music is absolutely incredible, I wish I knew wtf he was singing about though lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 9230
Location: Blackwater Park
Nest are pretty fuckin awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:18 am
Posts: 781
Location: Orlando
Forgotten Son wrote:
Cold Body Radiation are a damn fine Blackgaze band along similar lines. This album from last year is my personal favourite by them:

Image

-http://www.mediafire.com/?zacq6gcuddmbbd0

I endorse this post, though I think The Great White Emptiness is their best.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 am
Posts: 5209
Forgotten Son wrote:
Cold Body Radiation are a damn fine Blackgaze band along similar lines. This album from last year is my personal favourite by them:

Image

-http://www.mediafire.com/?zacq6gcuddmbbd0


My friend was just recommending these guys to me. I'll check out the upload!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 1819
Excellent shit, for reference.

If anyone has shit similar to Agalloch, by all means I'm all ears. And by that, I mean I don't give two shits about vocals really as long as they're not ridiculous in your face, "RAHHH IM PISSED AT THE WORLD!!!" type shit. And Agalloch, while being black and dark as fuck, still remain melodic and have a great atmosphere to their sound.

Basically, Agalloch are fucking sick, so send me some good shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm 
I just made this Slayer banner and added what I think are their 4 best albums and added them in the order they came out.....

Image

I love making these. I might do Metallica next.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm
Posts: 5455
Location: Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick.
Itlan wrote:
Excellent shit, for reference.

If anyone has shit similar to Agalloch, by all means I'm all ears. And by that, I mean I don't give two shits about vocals really as long as they're not ridiculous in your face, "RAHHH IM PISSED AT THE WORLD!!!" type shit. And Agalloch, while being black and dark as fuck, still remain melodic and have a great atmosphere to their sound.

Basically, Agalloch are fucking sick, so send me some good shit.


Check out The Morningside.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:18 am
Posts: 781
Location: Orlando
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Itlan wrote:
Excellent shit, for reference.

If anyone has shit similar to Agalloch, by all means I'm all ears. And by that, I mean I don't give two shits about vocals really as long as they're not ridiculous in your face, "RAHHH IM PISSED AT THE WORLD!!!" type shit. And Agalloch, while being black and dark as fuck, still remain melodic and have a great atmosphere to their sound.

Basically, Agalloch are fucking sick, so send me some good shit.


Check out The Morningside.

This.

So I was checking out Phlebotomized's Immense Intense Suspense today, dudes, how come no one talks about them? After just a couple of listens it sounds like it should be a bonafide death metal classic. It's totally unique, and very ahead of its time.

Check it out if y'alls haven't:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQ77pJVH7A


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 pm
Posts: 373
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Itlan wrote:
Excellent shit, for reference.

If anyone has shit similar to Agalloch, by all means I'm all ears. And by that, I mean I don't give two shits about vocals really as long as they're not ridiculous in your face, "RAHHH IM PISSED AT THE WORLD!!!" type shit. And Agalloch, while being black and dark as fuck, still remain melodic and have a great atmosphere to their sound.

Basically, Agalloch are fucking sick, so send me some good shit.


Heard any Cormorant?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 1819
Can't say I have.

So I've seen Isis in concert, I love post-rock, and yet I still somehow actually never sat down and bothered to listen to them. Anyone mind throwing me an album? Lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 pm
Posts: 373
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Recent album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Pmh4m0pQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzK2huYysYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYdBbBuu5MM
First one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-DSgWVkW4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 9230
Location: Blackwater Park
Black Zeppelin wrote:
I just made this Slayer banner and added what I think are their 4 best albums and added them in the order they came out.....

Image

I love making these. I might do Metallica next.

Why is the quality so low on it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm
Posts: 5455
Location: Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick.
Black Zeppelin wrote:
I just made this Slayer banner and added what I think are their 4 best albums and added them in the order they came out.....

Image

I love making these. I might do Metallica next.


Something from Kaleb:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Metal Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 9230
Location: Blackwater Park
:lol: !!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 39  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page