DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 am 
I never said they were great episodes. I was talking about the moments we got to see from that season which is why I didn't give the name of the episodes. The Jersey episode was funny though. Oh and I do think Poor and Stupid is pretty funny with most of the Cartman moments it has.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 am 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3UnD4k ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 am 

Maddolis wrote:
Human wrote:
They've had pretty bad episodes...

The first few seasons, for instance, were really nothing special at all... no better really than the first few seasons of family guy, and nowadays they really seem like they've been all over the place as far as their quality goes.

I completely disagree, I'd say parts of season 14 and the first half of season 15 are the weakest for sure.
I adore seasons 1 and 2- they're a little heavier in the fart/poop jokes department but the storylines are far more solid and comedy less in your face than the most recent seasons.
I think season 3 is possibly the best season of all, equal or perhaps slightly ahead of 6.

Eh, a bit late but whatever... the first 2 seasons mostly suffered from (everything trey mentioned in 6 days to air... less money, worse technology, and the fact the fact that it was mostly just them and Isaac then) They were still funny, I like most everything they've done really... I just think they improved DRASTICALLY midway down the road... I think 6 and 7 are wayyy better but that's just my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 am 
For me seasons 6 through 9 or 11 was their prime.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:24 pm 

Just saw "Super Fun Time" for the first time. I think that's my new favorite episode ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:26 pm 

Maddolis wrote:
I adore seasons 1 and 2- they're a little heavier in the fart/poop jokes department but the storylines are far more solid and comedy less in your face than the most recent seasons.
I think season 3 is possibly the best season of all, equal or perhaps slightly ahead of 6.

But there's hardly any Butters in those seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:33 pm 

Black Zeppelin wrote:
Family Guy has already started going downhill 2 or 3 seasons ago. They are nothing compared to South Park. American Dad kicks Family Guys ass too.

Why was everyone mentioning Family Guy and comparing it to South Park (in the earlier pages here)? Two different kinds of humor really. Depends on what kind of comedy you prefer....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:50 am 

Yeah. Good comedy and bad comedy. You prefer the latter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:48 am 

You are so fucking predictable it's not even funny...
I envisioned you saying that before I even hit the 'submit' button.

I dont mind South Park.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:20 am 

Faggot. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 pm 

Spongebob fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:45 pm 

Location: Daniel Day Lewis has now a won a third Best Actin-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Spongebob > Family Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:56 pm 

I foresee nothing but a multi-page bitchfest coming from this, so I will kindly bow out and just say that Family Guy is awesome and South Park is decent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 am 
I haven't been very happy with most of the newer episodes of Family Guy. I don't hate the show at all but recently they have been getting more serious and have had a lot of misses when they try to be funny. I did love this though from earlier on in season 10........

I was going to post this in the Family Guy thread but I guess there isn't one. Unless if I looked too fast and missed it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 am 

I think Family Guy has always had more misses than hits, but the hits in the earlier episodes were way funnier than the hits after the show came back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next