DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:18 am 

Yeah having this show on my DVR has just become a ritual at this point. There's no juice left mang.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm 

It's been off my DVR since that episode about a trivia contest. Went from shit to utter shit. The only character I left not hating was Creed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 pm 

Rudy Rules wrote:
It's been off my DVR since that episode about a trivia contest. Went from shit to utter shit. The only character I left not hating was Creed.

I stopped watching after the garden party episode. Really, does anyone still think this show is good at this point?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm 

I was watching it even though I knew it was shit. When you start fast forwarding through a show to find any parts that may be good, something's gone wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 pm 

Stephen wrote:
Rudy Rules wrote:

I stopped watching after the garden party episode. Really, does anyone still think this show is good at this point?

It's only 'not good' in comparison to older episodes and what the Office once was, which is pretty unfair considering how good this show used to be. Has the Office 'jumped the shark'? Maybe. Has the Office turned into an irredeemable pile of shit that's not worth watching? Well that's up to you to decide but as a long time fan I still think it's an adequate show, and in contrast to any comedy that CBS or FOX is offering us the Office is still decent enough to warrant my attention. I'd much rather watch the Office than shows like 2 and a Half Men, which is somehow heralded as TV's #1 comedy, and Big Bang Theory which just comes off as haughty nowadays. There's also the shitfest knows as 2 Broke Girls which apparently gets 4 times the number of average viewers than Community ever got which is criminal.

Last edited by chicken sandwich on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm 

Just watched season three's "Conflict Resolution" episode. Totally brilliant. I still enjoy watching the show because the jokes are generally pretty funny, but wow, it's really kind of shocking to actually go back and watch a season 2-3 episode and see how much better it was a whole. They used to have these incredible, layered moments where a monologue would be juxtaposed with a seemingly unrelated visual of what's going on in the office, and in thirty seconds those moments would provide a hilarious joke, character development, and plot development. "Conflict Resolution" is full of these.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 pm 

^ one of my favorite episodes. win-win-win.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:49 pm 

The first option is "lose lose." This is where Oscar doesn't get what he wants, and neither does Angela. Would you like to pursue a lose lose resolution?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 pm 

chicken sandwich wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Rudy Rules wrote:

It's only 'not good' in comparison to older episodes and what the Office once was, which is pretty unfair considering how good this show used to be. Has the Office 'jumped the shark'? Maybe. Has the Office turned into an irredeemable pile of shit that's not worth watching? Well that's up to you to decide but as a long time fan I still think it's an adequate show, and in contrast to any comedy that CBS or FOX is offering us the Office is still decent enough to warrant my attention. I'd much rather watch the Office than shows like 2 and a Half Men, which is somehow heralded as TV's #1 comedy, and Big Bang Theory which just comes off as haughty nowadays. There's also the shitfest knows as 2 Broke Girls which apparently gets 4 times the number of average viewers than Community ever got which is criminal.

This. I still watch it because my friends and I have a tradition of getting together and watching it every Thursday night. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just stop watching it at this point. There isn't any story that I'm interested in anymore, the characters have all become largely unrealistic, and the writing just isn't nearly is clever as it was when it started. That said, it still does make me laugh and I still find it entertaining, but if it stopped airing I probably wouldn't be upset about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am 

Not that. Every season the shitty version of this show stays on the air makes me like the good years less.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 pm 

batman wrote:
The first option is "lose lose." This is where Oscar doesn't get what he wants, and neither does Angela. Would you like to pursue a lose lose resolution?

what did michael say to kevin and angela? something along the lines of "angela you will sexually harass kevin until he feels uncomfortable"...kevin, quickly, "i accept your decision."...classic malone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 pm 

you know i actually do get a few good laughs from some of the newer episodes. but the show is running purely off it's name. some of the dialogue is good, but the plot's still isn't engaging. it's tough, because we all witnessed what would have been the perfect ending for the show...michael removing his mic and one last "that's what she said" which was, oddly enough, probably the most heartfelt moment of the entire series. but no, instead we were taken right back to an out of place will ferrel and then led to a misleading season finale.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm 

So I wound up watching a few of the most recent episodes, and they're actually not terrible. They're still nowhere as good as even last season's episodes, but at the very least, you can see they're trying to be funny now unlike the first half of the season. Still not going to go out of my way to watch it though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:43 am 

I saw a couple episodes. It seems they took Jim's lines and gave them to Dwight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:09 pm 

I'm pretty sure they're setting up a spin off show for Dwight as a manager in Florida, there's been hints of Rainn Wilson getting his own show in the past and this latest development has made things seem almost certain. It seems like a bad idea on nbcs part.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next