DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 91  Next
 Post subject: Re: College Football.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 pm 

corrections wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
corrections wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
Dream on

This year, Michigan was a reasonably above average team masquerading as an 11 game winning squad.

Their schedule was softer than Scott Mitchell's underbelly and they won the Sugar Bowl with 184 total yards.

They'll be preseason top 10 and if they survive the schedule, they will be in the title game.

San Trop is right. Not only will they not survive the schedule but they'll be waiting in line behind the top SEC team and an undefeated Oregon or USC. Probably any undefeated Big 12 team too.

Not a chance on the Big 12. Michigan will start higher than any Big 12 team. And they can take care of the SEC problem in the first game of the season. Michigan will start highly-ranked and with their schedule, they basically control their destiny in getting to the title game. That's pretty much the definition of a contender.

But they won't go unbeaten and have very little real chance of actually going unbeaten. Their 11 wins this year masked a team that was at best good and at worst above average.[/quote]
Most teams have a small chance of going unbeaten. You're really missing the point. And the notion that Michigan was merely above average is silly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm 

lonewolf371 wrote:
corrections wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
corrections wrote:

San Trop is right. Not only will they not survive the schedule but they'll be waiting in line behind the top SEC team and an undefeated Oregon or USC. Probably any undefeated Big 12 team too.

Not a chance on the Big 12. Michigan will start higher than any Big 12 team. And they can take care of the SEC problem in the first game of the season. Michigan will start highly-ranked and with their schedule, they basically control their destiny in getting to the title game. That's pretty much the definition of a contender.

But they won't go unbeaten and have very little real chance of actually going unbeaten. Their 11 wins this year masked a team that was at best good and at worst above average.

Most teams have a small chance of going unbeaten. You're really missing the point. And the notion that Michigan was merely above average is silly.

I think Michigan has a bad chance of going unbeaten. In any case they did much better in the rankings I like than I thought but subjectively they've been unimpressive every time I've watched them this year and they were pretty much manhandled by Va Tech.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:32 pm 

I think Michigan has a pretty abysmal chance of going 1-0, let alone 13-0.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:41 pm 

corrections wrote:
I think Michigan has a bad chance of going unbeaten. In any case they did much better in the rankings I like than I thought but subjectively they've been unimpressive every time I've watched them this year and they were pretty much manhandled by Va Tech.

Then you didn't watch them play Nebraska or Illinois. Even against Ohio State they were pretty impressive; tOSU was obviously just mailing it in for the Gator Bowl in going to a new coach that didn't even coach them for the bowl game, but for "The Game" they had a chance at ruining Michigan's season and were playing much harder.

Yeah the offense really struggled against Va Tech, but the defense played pretty well. Also you're ignoring the fact that Michigan's two best offensive linemen were playing hurt (one of whom wasn't in on the first series) and their second-best defensive lineman played on one leg the whole game and had to get to the press conference on crutches. On top of that, another defensive lineman was ruled out of the game and replaced by a freshman (although that freshman played fairly well).

They definitely won't look as nice as other squads going into next season, but they're within upset range. At the very least they will contend for the conference title.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm 

I don't like our chances tonight. We kinda got lucky in Tuscaloosa. Here's hoping, in any case.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 pm 

Go LSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:06 pm 

I'd never thought I'd say this, but Guex Tigers!

Saban can get fucked. Fucking traitor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 pm 

i hope alabama loses their best player and has to replace him with garrett gilbert. taste our pain nick saban.

or keep letting that kid kick field goals. that also works.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 pm 

I feel like I've already watched this game. Not just the teams, but the game itself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:53 pm 

are we really finding out who the best team in college football is tonight? or are we just finding out that these two teams' defenses match up against the others' offense and that they can't score td's against each other.

if there was ever a case to be made for a 6 team play-off this was the year.

maybe lsu would have blown the dogshit out of oregon and maybe ditto on bama-okst. but hey, at least we'd know that this game tonight is the one we should be watching and that these defenses do indeed shit gold.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:18 pm 

SanTropez wrote:
I'd never thought I'd say this, but Guex Tigers!

Saban can get fucked. Fucking traitor.

Yeah Fuck Saban. In any case barf. Was a pretty interesting tactical matchup between the Alabama Offense and the LSU defense. Unfortunately LSU decided to replace their offense with a high school offense and Alabama just mauled them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:18 pm 

kosherrock wrote:
are we really finding out who the best team in college football is tonight? or are we just finding out that these two teams' defenses match up against the others' offense and that they can't score td's against each other.

if there was ever a case to be made for a 6 team play-off this was the year.

maybe lsu would have blown the dogshit out of oregon and maybe ditto on bama-okst. but hey, at least we'd know that this game tonight is the one we should be watching and that these defenses do indeed shit gold.

LSU already did do it to Oregon but yeah I'd kind of like to see Alabama OK St.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 pm 

What a fucking garbage championship game. Let's see Oklahoma State vs. Alabama now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:37 pm 

Well, given the events of the season, you can't say anything to me now that would sway me from saying Alabama won the national championship.

Now, the arrangement of post season match-ups should have been different. Yes, Alabama just whipped LSU, but I still don't think they should have been in the game. It was a national championship, and LSU should have played someone from another conference. But in the end, whatev, I just had to get one more whack at the dead horse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 pm 

I don't remember the exact point in the game this happened (second half), but LSU ran an option that was executed so poorly I actually laughed out loud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 91  Next