It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 am 

is it available on the 360 ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 pm 

It's Nintendo so........ no.

It was never released in America so your best luck is with a GBA emulator and a translated patch of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:53 am 

It's not as funny as Earthbound, but it's worth playing just for the dog-like dude.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:19 am 

chicken sandwich wrote:
so I caved and bought Skyrim, and god damn it this game is essentially my life now.

Gonna try it this week, wish me luck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:13 am 

ive bought it, but dont know if i want to start it yet, i also have arkham city lined up,and am currently playing the latest WWE game....

too many games.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:28 am 

p. mutant wrote:
It's not as funny as Earthbound.

I don't think it was meant to be, I haven't played it but I hear it's much darker in tone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:59 am 

boo boo wrote:
p. mutant wrote:
It's not as funny as Earthbound.

I don't think it was meant to be, I haven't played it but I hear it's much darker in tone.

It's the most depressing video game I've ever played. Spoilers will only prevent you from crying, and I recommend going into it blind. Oddly enough, it still keeps the laid-back tone of its predecessor and despite its subject matter and bold storytelling scope, it never once takes itself too seriously. There's humor all over the place and a lot of the quirkiness that the Mother series is known for. It's just still an overwhelmingly depressing game. It's almost like the way "Up" managed to combine the lighthearted adventure scenes and Dug moments with the Ellie scenes.

I played it on a DSTWO flashcart and a patched ROM. It's pretty much the only flashcart with a GBA emulator and it also has SNES, NES, GBC, and DS emulators. I'd play it on my computer, but I hate not having actual buttons when I play games. It takes away from the experience. I'd tell you exactly where to get everything, but I don't know if giving away that kind of information is allowed on this forum.

Last edited by beaverteeth92 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:15 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Quote:
I played it on a DSTWO flashcart and a patched ROM. It's pretty much the only flashcart with a GBA emulator and it also has SNES, NES, GBC, and DS emulators. I'd play it on my computer, but I hate not having actual buttons when I play games. It takes away from the experience. I'd tell you exactly where to get everything, but I don't know if giving away that kind of information is allowed on this forum.

Good call. Could you pm me about it? Your description has got me very interested.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 pm 

Sure! I also just bought a SNES controller and an SNES/GC adapter so I can play Earthbound on my Wii with a real SNES controller. It just doesn't feel right with my Gamecube controller.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 pm 

So yeah, I don't expect to garner any money from you guys (And this is definitely not a money beg) but I recently got involved in an indie fighting game project and we've just launched a Kickstarter page. I figure I'd share it with you guys. The project started as something inspired by Skullgirls, but we're trying to make something more western, and less anime, while still abiding to the competitive fighting game genre, so it's set in a steam punked 19th century England. It's called GildenTide.

So if anyone's interested in fighting games, check us out:
http://circulargeometry.wordpress.com/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/circgeo/gildentide
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/26/indepen ... r-trailer/
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?th ... st-6324414

Leave us feedback, criticism, tell your mom, whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:26 am 

Sounds interesting!

I'm in the middle of Final Fantasy VI Advance right now and it's epic. It's even better with the sound/visual patch, which makes it look and sound more like the SNES version, which works well with my 3DS flashcart because it's not held to the Game Boy Advances's restrictions. This game is so epic. It's rare for me to get so attached to one or two characters, let alone 14.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:04 pm 

Has anyone played Skyward Sword? I'm going to steal my sister's Wii and rent the game, hopefully beat it rather quickly (I beat OoT in 3 days after release, so I have a history with plowing through LoZ games).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
It may have the best gameplay of any game ever made.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 pm 

that shit cray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:25 pm 

Gradius III for SNES is the shit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 65  Next