DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martial Arts.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 am 

George wrote:
whoa.... so you think if Cigano couldn't knock out Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin (admittedly, two dudes with iron chins), he will knock out Cain? I think Cain's chin is as good as theirs.... and I also think Cain is too smart and too patient to do something as stupid as rush at him with his head exposed for a KO. (Cain reminds me of Fedor at his peak - super well-rounded, super focused, super tough, super cool under pressure)
and i think you're right on the mark - cardio may be end up being key.... the first round or two, Junior may have the slightest edge... in almost all his fights i've seen, 90% of the damage he's done was in the first round... but the further it goes the more Cain is favored and the more of a chance he has of controlling Cigano by either taking him down (i think Cain is very capable of doing it) or closing the distance and perhaps roughing him up against the cage with dirty boxing.

i also agree that guida-henderson might be at least as interesting as the title fight. who do you have in that one?

Well cain got knocked down a couple of times by kongo in their fight but cain was able to take cheick down easily, im not sure if he'll be able to do that to jds. Its kind of a out there prediction but its just the feeling i get, the way cain got into those exchanges with nog if that was jds i think he would of got caught. Granted he'll probably fight different against jds. Im really excited for benson/guida, ive got bendo winning that comfortably as guida struggles with guys he can't take down and bendo is a wicked wrestler.

138 was a great event, lackluster on paper but great fights overall. Leben screwed himself going for those guillotines and he gassed himself bad, it was already a tiring fight but that really hurt leben. I was still pretty disappointed with his performance (as was he) but he'll be back, hopefully they give him another brawler to match up with in the future. I agree that munoz's mma wrestling isnt that great especially given his pure wrestling credentials, though the thing with him is that his ground and pound is ridiculously powerful. Him vs anderson would be interesting if he got the takedown but i dont see him winning that fight at all. Chael/Anderson 2 really needs to be anderson's next fight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:35 am 

These videos that the ufc are putting out of the behind the scenes stuff are great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 pm 

guys.... made a discussion thread/poll for UFC 139... (now that we have a separate sports polls section :-)

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2258

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 am 

I didnt watch it but fedor beat monson, apparently the fight was absolutely terrible and fedor held back a lot. Ill wait till i see it to make a judgment.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:01 am 

Also bellator has put up this fight between for alvarez and chandler for free up on youtube, its been eclipsed somewhat because of the shogun/dan fight but watch it its absolutely awesome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:55 am 

BlueTrain wrote:
I didnt watch it but fedor beat monson, apparently the fight was absolutely terrible and fedor held back a lot. Ill wait till i see it to make a judgment.
haven't seen it yet, either... at least he didn't lose... though at this point nobody cares besides us nerds

edit: here it is...

never seen him use so many kicks before... in fact, the only time i remember him using them was agaist mirko, 6 years ago, and once against fujita before that... i don't think it's boring - it's a tactically sound mma gameplan... for the first time in 3 fights he's fighting intelligently and not rushing in and brawling like an idiot... here, the idiotic thing would be to grapple with monson... fedor kept it standing and used his far superior striking to dominate him... though of course monson is one-dimensional compared to his previous three opponents...

ha... and putin gets booed at the end!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm 

looks like fedor will be fighting satoshi ishii on new year's eve.... another high-risk, low-reward opponent... a light heavyweight with an unimpressive record (coming off a draw)... i guess they're giving fedor patsies to beat up on and build a winning streak again in hopes to score another deal with zuffa/showtime.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:55 am 

:lol: * 1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:08 am 

somewhat surprising (or not) developments regarding Putin's post-fight appearance...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15869047

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 am 

nifty move...
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewr ... mma-wp9944

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:34 am 

zaromskis! love that guy, hes not really that great of a fighter but he always consistently entertaining. His ko of jason high is legendary

Speaking of, 2011 has been a great years for knockouts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:29 pm 

i still can't believe pat barry managed to lose that one.

btw arthur guseinov's spinning backfist ko was very impressive too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:39 pm 

George wrote:
i still can't believe pat barry managed to lose that one.

btw arthur guseinov's spinning backfist ko was very impressive too.

I know right? I was rooting for him too but he has the worst finishing ability in the ufc if you know what i mean, every fight that he has lost he was winning decisively with the exception of the struve fight and even then he had side control on struve and ended up getting triangled :/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:58 pm 

GSP.... :cry:

feel bad for the guy... but at least it's good news for carlos condit... maybe it's karma.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 am 

Diaz/Gsp was one of the more intriguing matchups im dissapointed that it got cut that said i believe condit/diaz will be an epic fight for the ages. Two of the most exciting strikers out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next