DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 am 

What specs do you guys have in Skyrim? I just turned 16 and completed the Arch Mage questline. Mostly points in destro, with some in restoration for increased mana regen and some in conjuration for cheaper summons. I've bitten dust quite a few times, but all in all I think I'm running through at a fairly decent pace. I also spent well over an hour trying to take a camp with two giants at level 6, because I recognised that it was possible, but I always ended up misstepping and the duration of the fight made me give up. I did take out a lone strider at 7, though!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 am 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Bought Battlefield and Modern Warfare this month. Color me underwhelmed. Especially by MW3... It's such re-hash of the previous games. My friend described it as a "$60 map pack," which is pretty accurate. BF3 is a good game and while it's nothing earth-shattering, it does have a pretty deep multiplayer mode with a ton of different ways to play and a bunch of upgrades.

I'm honestly thinking about returning MW3 (if I can find the damn receipt :mad:) and getting the new/old Halo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
I love the so-called hardcore gamers salivating over BF3 and MW3 over the last 5 months and learning to find that they are fairly predictable FPS rehashes, while everyone seems to have completely overlooked Skyward Sword which is being hailed as one of if not the best game in the greatest game franchise of all time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:49 am 

that and Skyrim, i'm enjoying Battlefield 3 but I feel like Skyrim would've been of been a better buy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Actually the only thing I've heard out people's mouths recently has been Skyrim and that game has been much more anticipated than the ones I mentioned. But by all accounts it is a really, really, really good game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:01 am 

I wish I was more hyped on the Zelda games. To be honest, I haven't played any since A Link to the Past, and the last time I finished that one is about 10 years ago.

Skyrim is occupying most hours of my day, though, genuinely fucking up my exam preparations and essay writing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:04 am 

Shuure wrote:
What specs do you guys have in Skyrim? I just turned 16 and completed the Arch Mage questline. Mostly points in destro, with some in restoration for increased mana regen and some in conjuration for cheaper summons. I've bitten dust quite a few times, but all in all I think I'm running through at a fairly decent pace. I also spent well over an hour trying to take a camp with two giants at level 6, because I recognised that it was possible, but I always ended up misstepping and the duration of the fight made me give up. I did take out a lone strider at 7, though!

I'm level 18, Imperial Warrior type, focusing on sword/shield/heavy armour mostly, but I'm getting a lot better at destruction. I'm finding my character pretty underpowered though, especially against trolls and dragons. Thank God for conjuration scrolls.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:44 am 

Have you gotten a companion yet? Think that makes life easier for melees. Conjuration is definately great, btw. Too bad it's hell to level, since you don't really cast summoning spells that often in comparion to other things.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 am 

Shouldn't you guys just make a thread for it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 am 

so I caved and bought Skyrim, and god damn it this game is essentially my life now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:56 pm 

Sherick wrote:
I love the so-called hardcore gamers salivating over BF3 and MW3 over the last 5 months and learning to find that they are fairly predictable FPS rehashes, while everyone seems to have completely overlooked Skyward Sword which is being hailed as one of if not the best game in the greatest game franchise of all time.

FUCK YOU FAGGOT. ALL NINTENDOO DOES IS REHASH THE SAME GAME OVER AND OVER.

WHAT DO YOU DO IN MARIO? WALK AROUND AND JUMP ON SHIT. THAT'S EVERY GAME. WHAT DO YOU DO IN ZELDA? YOU COLLECT SHIT AND EXPLORE SHIT. EVERY GAME. WHAT DO YOU DO IN METROID? I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU DO IN METROID I ALWAYS GET LOST AND THEY MAKE YOU LOOK FOR ALL THE COOL WEAPONS INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM TO YOU RIGHT AWAY THAT'S A RIPOFF AND BAD GAME DESIGN AND WTF YOU'RE A CHICK??? NOBODY WANTS TO BE A CHICK, I'M A DUDE, BRAH!!!

THEY HAVE NO ORIGINALITY. I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY'VE DONE IN THE PAST IT'S ALL SHITTY AND OUTDATED ANYWAY NOW THAT WE HAVE MODERN WARFARE 3 OMG THAT GAME FUCKING OWNS!!!!!!!!!!11111 \m/ WHO STILL WANTS TO PLAY SHITTY GAMES THAT ARE JUST LITTLE PIXELS AND SHIT? FAGGOTS THAT'S WHO.

WE MUST FORGET NINTENDOO, BECAUSE FORGETTING THINGS IS HOW YOU PROGRESS. THEY NEED TO END ALL OF THEIR OLD FRANCHISES RIGHT NOW AND FIRE ALL THEIR JAPS AND START MAKING THE SAME AWESOME GAMES AS EVERYONE ELSE. I KNOW IT WOULD BE COMPLETELY FUCKING STUPID TO DO THAT AND WOULD ALIENATE ALL THEIR FANS AND RUIN THEM BUT THEY MUST TAKE MY ADVICE, THE FUTURE OF GAMING IS AT STAKE.

THEY MUST STOP MAKING GAMES THAT I COULD EASILY JUST IGNORE AND NOT BUY RIGHT FUCKING NOW. BECAUSE I'M A GAMER AND WANT TO SEE PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT TASTES THAN ME BE DEPRIVED OF JOY. I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR THE INDUSTRY, I'VE BEEN PLAYING GAMES SINCE 2001. NINTENDOO ARE HOLDING VIDEO GAMES BACK. THEY EVEN USE A LOT OF COLORS, THAT'S FUCKING GAY.

GENERIC BROWN PEOPLE KILLING SIMULATORS ARE THE FUTURE!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:04 am 

Skyward Sword looks a heck of a lot better than Twilight Princess.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:08 am 

Twilight Princess was incredible :confused:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 am 

I don't get all the hate for Twilight Princess, it really is a stellar game.

However Skyward Swords looks like it will be the most beautiful looking Zelda game to date.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm 

I just finished Mother 3.

Holy shit what a game. I bought a flashcat for the sole purpose of playing it, and it's by far one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's an emotional rollercoaster in every sense of the word. I almost lost it at the ending.

Please, go out and play this if you haven't. It may be the best plot out of any RPG I've ever played.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 62  Next