DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:21 pm 

I like online shooters, but then again I seem to play these games in a different capacity than other people.They're like action movies: fun and mindless. Sports and RPGs are the games I mostly play but shooters can be cool for a while, but they get old really fast. I'm hoping battlefield 3 won't be as mundane as Call of Duty, it seems like the squad play and use of vehicles have the potential to make the game really interesting. The campaign also looks a million times better than previous CoD campaigns.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:32 am 

boo boo wrote:
If somebody would rather have a 360, it would be because he prefers what few exclusives it has and nothing else.

I think if you had both a Playstation and an Xbox you'd know why people like to play games on the Xbox. Every damn time I switch on my Playstation, I have to wait for a system update that is sometimes hundreds of megabytes in size and adds literally no new features at all; its only purpose is to prevent Playstation Network from being hacked because PSN is so horribly engineered. As if that wasn't bad enough, the patches for PS3 games are also usually 10 or even 20 times the size of the same patch for the 360 version.
I put in Mortal Kombat last week and with having to system update, restart, patch my game, restart again, it took me literally a half an hour before I could get into a match. It's the single biggest reason why I will almost always get the Xbox or PC version of any given game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 am 

Cruz wrote:
I don't know whether this is true or not because I've never owned a PS3, but the consensus among people I know is certainly that Xbox Live is far superior to PSN.

XBox Live is superior because you have to pay for it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 am 

pgm wrote:
Cruz wrote:
I don't know whether this is true or not because I've never owned a PS3, but the consensus among people I know is certainly that Xbox Live is far superior to PSN.

XBox Live is superior because you have to pay for it.

You should actually compare the two sometime for yourself. The reason why PSN is free is because they leave it up to game publishers to run online services for their games, unlike Xbox Live. There's no standard so quality of online play varies wildly across games. Sony-published games will always play awesome online, but if you see a Gamespy logo when you boot up a PS3 game, buckle up for some crap.

Also, I turned on my Playstation this afternoon to play Motorstorm Pacific Rift and I had to wait for another system update.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:09 am 

Shit, I didn't know Sony STILL did that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:53 pm 

Thought I'd check here before making a new thread for it, since this isn't the most vibrant part of DDD.

Anyone here gonna play Star Wars: The Old Republic? We had a little discussion going on about it in the WoW thread. I was a bit skeptic towards it, but seeing the release date closing in, I'm getting more and more pumped. The cinematic trailers are pure awesomeness, and the little I've seen from the game itself shows great promise. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:53 am 

I dont know whether anybody cares, but i'll still say it.

Arkham Asylum > Arkham City

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:34 am 

has anybody gotten Skyrim? That game looks amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 pm 

nearly every status Mitch puts up on FB is about that, so i guess so :razz:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:28 pm 

chicken sandwich wrote:
has anybody gotten Skyrim? That game looks amazing.

Bought it today. Gonna have to take the PS3 back out and hook it up for this

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:36 pm 

Haven't gotten it personally, but I've watched a mate play it some. Does look like it's a lot of fun, even though I don't like the 1st PoV RPGs the most. I skipped Oblivion, but Morrowind was a great play, even if I was cheated off of actually completing the game, since I killed the last boss prior to getting the quest to do so (I used a walkthrough to be able to do that, so I guess the joke's on me!).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm 

Enjoying it so far. Haven't really gotten out to explore yet. Mostly been using an axe for my main weapon...need to try some magic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 am 

Just bought it and spent about 7 hours playing. Seems like it's a good game, along the veins of what Morrowind was (never played Oblivion). Currently going full out destruction and just joined the college!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 am 

I've been playing it for about 20 hours. It has it's good and bad points for sure, but the visuals are breathtaking. Time will tell whether it's as good as Oblivion, but I don't think it will match up to Morrowind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 pm 

I'm currently playing the patched Mother 3 on a DS flashcart and I have to say it may be the best storyline out of any video game I've ever played. I'm up to Chapter 5 and holy shit is it amazing.

It's so rare for video games to go the multiple perspectives route, or to put you in the shoes of a helpless character, or to depict a town along the lines of Gabriel García Marquez's Macondo that is gradually corrupted by corporate influence.

I can already tell that it's going to get even better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 59  Next