DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:27 pm 

Can anyone find any information on when the new Sam and Max game will hit Xbox? It's been available on the PS3 for over a year. :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 pm 

Cruz wrote:
The Battlefield 3 demo is SOOO average. Gameplay has been done a million times over and the graphics actually really suck compared even to MW2 and especially to the build-up they were given. I really hope the final release will be much, much better.

I think the graphics were great. I don't understand why they put the Rush game mode into the demo instead of conquest, rush is not classic battlefield at all. Also a lack of tanks and fighter jets is disappointing, that factor alone is going to make the final release the tits. Other than that the game just feels like a dolled up version of Bad Company and Medal of Honor which is too bad but the game is still awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 pm 

ClashWho wrote:
Can anyone find any information on when the new Sam and Max game will hit Xbox? It's been available on the PS3 for over a year. :sad:
The people at Xbox have said publicly they have no interest in putting any game that has had a period of Playstation exclusivity.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 pm 

p. mutant wrote:
ClashWho wrote:
The people at Xbox have said publicly they have no interest in putting any game that has had a period of Playstation exclusivity.

Motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 pm 

You know, in the old days games kinda had a reason to be on console and not another, fundamentally different hardware.

Now when 360 and PS3 have hardware capabilities that are damn close to identical I don't see the point in any of their third party games being exclusives.

And that fanboys actually bitch when a precious exclusive for their system of preference ends up on the other is just pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm 

boo boo wrote:
And that fanboys actually bitch when a precious exclusive for their system of preference ends up on the other is just pathetic.

I was just reading a game message board trying to find info on the latest Sam and Max game and some dildo actually said that the best thing about it was that it was NOT on Xbox 360. What a schmuck.

Last edited by ClashWho on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 pm 

that just sounds like hes a sad sad individual....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:12 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Arkham City got a perfect score from Game Informer.

Everything about this game makes me want the WiiU to come out right fucking now.

inb4 boo Game Informer rant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:15 pm 

Game Informer is AIDS on paper.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:36 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Thanks for the contribution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:43 pm 

No prob. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 pm 

boo boo wrote:
You know, in the old days games kinda had a reason to be on console and not another, fundamentally different hardware.

Now when 360 and PS3 have hardware capabilities that are damn close to identical I don't see the point in any of their third party games being exclusives.

You're totally ignoring software differences, which are extremely important. Of course licensing plays a role, but then it did in previous generations. This point is bunk.

boo boo wrote:

I completely agree with this. The only time I'd ever be pissed off about an originally exclusive game being released on other systems is when I've bought the game for one system only to find that the later release on another system has more content. Fuck that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:25 pm 

I don't see software differences between 360 and PS3 being that great either. Not compared to consoles of previous generations anyway.

In previous generations the difference in capabilities between systems were very noticeable even to outsiders. It was clear that SNES was superior to Genesis in it's graphical and audio capabilities. It was clear that the N64 provided much smooter textures than the PS1 but couldn't compare in it's audio or memory power. It was clear that The Gamecube and Xbox were more powerful than the PS2 if only slightly.

And it's clear that 360 and PS3 are way more powerful than the Wii. But between the PS3 and 360 it's a pretty boring battle. Many differences are just superficial.

I mean there are things like PSN being free while Xbox Live costs a 50 subscription if you want all the better features which is fucking bullshit. I know 360 fanboys like to sing high praises about how the online is better but it's not THAT much better. PSN still runs pretty damn well.

It's really all about the games you're more interested in. We're at that point in history where graphics are not that important anymore and now the true importance is in the games people are more interested in. For me I have to go with the PS3.

Thing is, any next gen AAA console game that isn't a Wii game feels like it would be right at home on either console. If you asked me what the difference is between PS3 exclusives and 360 exclusives are I really couldn't tell you. Other than PS3 having some more quirky titles going for it that the 360 is severely lacking outside of what Rare is doing.

But the difference between SNES and Genesis games? The difference between N64 and PS1 games? The difference between Gamecube and PS2 games? I think console wars of previous generations were just more diverse and interesting.

I know I'm Mr. Rose Tinted Nostalgia Glasses. But I just think console wars are getting boring outside of what Nintendo is doing and in all honesty I only see consoles in general lasting a few more generations before being consumed by the multimedia gaming industry.

Spending hundreds of dollars on a piece of plastic to hook up to your TV which will only play certain kinds of games and will be obsolete in 5 years just seems pretty damn impractical when everyone can just download games onto whatever it is they already have.

I think the wisest decision for all 3 companies to make is invest in next generation consoles with an extremely long if not permanent self life, and then just invest in quality software from then on.

If they keep following the 5 year model people will eventually get fucking sick of it, in fact they're getting sick of it already. I know I am.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:41 pm 

boo boo wrote:
Spending hundreds of dollars on a piece of plastic to hook up to your TV which will only play certain kinds of games and will be obsolete in 5 years just seems pretty damn impractical when everyone can just download games onto whatever it is they already have.

I think the wisest decision for all 3 companies to make is invest in next generation consoles with an extremely long if not permanent self life, and then just invest in quality software from then on.

If they keep following the 5 year model people will eventually get fucking sick of it, in fact they're getting sick of it already. I know I am.

I agree with this entire thing so very much.

once the internet became really integrated to console gaming at the tail end of the previous generation, the whole "console wars" concept kind of died for me. Honestly, I thought a long-term support console what what the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii were supposed to be. Why even bother releasing new consoles every 5 years now? The WiiU doesn't have the leaps and bounds in graphics over the Wii that the Wii had over the Gamecube. It just kinda looks more "HD".

I understand keeping up with PC graphics/processor power, but that stuff hasn't had a major increase in a while either. "Diablo III" gameplay looks really nice, and it could probably be ported with ease to the PS3 or something.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:59 pm 

Don't get me wrong The Wii U still looks pretty intriguing. I think Nintendo realized before everyone else that consoles won't be around forever, so they're doing the best they can to make consoles a unique experience that a PC or iPhone can't imitate.

Stylus controls and tilt sensors were really unique when Nintendo first introduced them for their handhelds but now the iPhone can do that stuff too, so now they're banking on the 3D thing. And now that 360 and PS3 are ripping off the WiiMote Nintendo are wisely trying something different.

People can hate on Nintendo night and day for whatever dumb reasons they like but I think they're the guys keeping the console industry fresh right now, because they're thinking like a true video game company. Sony and Microsoft are not true video game companies, they're multimedia businesses, and they approach video games just like every other branch of media they're involved in.

Because of that their future in the hardware industry is more assured. Nintendo are the ones who have to take more risks if they want to stay in the game.

However the novelty of cool new control styles can't last forever and once all of Nintendo's ideas become industry standards they will eventually run out of tricks.

I hate to say it but I see Nintendo going the way of Sega in becoming an exclusively software based company at some point in the future. :sad:

But that might not be all bad. It could make for some awesome crossover games. I'd love to see Mario beat the everloving shit out of Master Chief myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 61  Next