It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3762
batman wrote:
The jokes are still pretty funny (if not as funny as the classic seasons), but I just can't care about the plot anymore. Oh my god, Pam is pregnant again! Andy is the new boss?! Sabre has a new CEO! Angela is pregnant! They just throw in these huge things like they're nothing, and it's not interesting anymore. I don't even feel the need to say spoiler alert here, cuz it don't even matter.

yeah, I don't like how they forcefully inject Pam and Angela's real life pregnancies into the show either but it's better than kicking them off the show entirely. I know what you mean about the plot, the writters move things along way too quickly and subtly but it's always sort of been like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 am
Posts: 8090
Location: Seattle
I don't think it was always like that. The Jim/Pam relationship was at such a (realistic) stalemate the first three seasons. Then once they get together, everything happens all at once. Marriage, baby, other baby. It was so huge when Pam and Jim kissed at casino night! They would have to do something enormous now to keep it interesting, like get divorced, or have some kind of fight, or maybe raise a child with a disability.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 3085
seasons 1-3 are all that really matter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3762
batman wrote:
I don't think it was always like that. The Jim/Pam relationship was at such a (realistic) stalemate the first three seasons. Then once they get together, everything happens all at once. Marriage, baby, other baby. It was so huge when Pam and Jim kissed at casino night! They would have to do something enormous now to keep it interesting, like get divorced, or have some kind of fight, or maybe raise a child with a disability.

true it just seems like the shows story arcs are always half-assed and short lived, like when Michael quit and started his own paper company and Jim left for the Stamford branch and came back like 5 episodes later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:23 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 4769
Location: here. hi.
piper wrote:
I won't be surprised if Ed Helms winds up in the spot. I suspect it really depends on how well "The Hangover II" does.


Aside from the Hangover II part, I was completely right. And no, I don't consider that a good thing that this was that easy to predict.

Granted, Andy sort of makes sense, but I really hope they don't derail his character development to turn him into a Michael Scott clone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 am
Posts: 8090
Location: Seattle
chicken sandwich wrote:
batman wrote:
I don't think it was always like that. The Jim/Pam relationship was at such a (realistic) stalemate the first three seasons. Then once they get together, everything happens all at once. Marriage, baby, other baby. It was so huge when Pam and Jim kissed at casino night! They would have to do something enormous now to keep it interesting, like get divorced, or have some kind of fight, or maybe raise a child with a disability.

true it just seems like the shows story arcs are always half-assed and short lived, like when Michael quit and started his own paper company and Jim left for the Stamford branch and came back like 5 episodes later.


Oh I completely agree, in fact, I'm pretty sure I made this same point during the Michael Scott Paper Company episodes. Although I'm pretty sure the Stamford thing lasted longer than the MSPC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 8229
Location: lookin at ghosts and empties
So the first episode I watch in years (or maybe just a year, or maybe just six months, a long time whatever) and within the first minute of the show some guy walks in and convinces the CEO to give up the job and give it to him and then Andy's appointed boss. Just unbelievable. Why are these people paid to write TV?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 4769
Location: here. hi.
Dreww wrote:
So the first episode I watch in years (or maybe just a year, or maybe just six months, a long time whatever) and within the first minute of the show some guy walks in and convinces the CEO to give up the job and give it to him and then Andy's appointed boss. Just unbelievable. Why are these people paid to write TV?


Yeah, I'm not watching new episodes of The Office anymore. Two back to back awful episodes is not a good sign. Well, at least there's still Community and Parks & Rec.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm
Posts: 6886
Location: Boston
I'll still watch out of boredom on late nights...it is kinda painful to watch sometimes though. But holy shit, Parks & Rec just keeps getting better. This latest episode with the Tammys was hilarious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 547
Location: The Hick Province of Canada
I once loved this show but the last couple seasons have really tainted the series for me. The season premiere was fairly trite and I frankly find it impossible to care about any of the characters anymore, now that Michael is gone. I really wish this show would just end. But with The Office being one of NBC's better shows, ratings-wise, especially on Thursday nights (whereas Community and Parks & Recreation struggle to survive), I don't see that happening any time soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 am
Posts: 8090
Location: Seattle
Yeah I'm gonna keep watching it out of living-at-parents-house-boredom, but fuck, this needs to be the last season. The last season actually needed to be the last season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3762
This shows over but i'll keep watching, Parks and Rec is the new Office.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 am
Posts: 8090
Location: Seattle
Parks and Rec is hilarious, but plot-wise it hasn't had any story arc that kept my interest like season 2 Jim/Pam


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3762
I like that the show stays away from major story arcs and focuses on humor, like the Entertainment 720 stuff happening with Tom and Jean-Ralphio which is hilarious. The Leslie Knope running for city council is an interesting enough story though, at least good enough to give the season some backbone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 8229
Location: lookin at ghosts and empties
Watched another episode and I'm done with this piece of utter shit forever. Its unequivocal awfulness is actually kind of a blessing in disguise really; if more shows would just blatantly nose-dive like this and totally free me to ignore them I would spend more time seeking out new totally excellent movies, shows, books, music, etc rather than staying onboard sinking ships with occasionally beautiful sunset-views (like It's Always Sunny, for example).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page