DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:52 pm 

The cold open for last night's episode and the subsequent scenes with Creed was probably the funniest the show has been in a long time, and i'm still someone who really likes this show every week (some episodes more than others, though).

"they" say Catherine Tate is the frontrunner, but James Spader is the only person who isn't already a cast member who I can see making the show work. Ray Romano seemed to be playing the character that they were gonna give Rhys Darby (who would have been a much better selection than anyone here). The Ricky Gervais and Jim Carrey spots were useless (they could have done so much with Gervais, though).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:07 pm 

the episode seemed like a mess, which was unusual because the office is usually written impeccably well. Too many guest actors squeezed into way too little time, Will Arnett, Jim Carry and Ricky Gervais each only being in one innocuous scene was dumb. They should've brought at least some resolution as to who the manager will be instead of leaving it wildly inconclusive, none of the candidates seemed appropriate and a good fit for the show, I was hoping Arnett would of been playing a Job type of character because that would've worked amazingly.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:20 pm 

I won't be surprised if Ed Helms winds up in the spot. I suspect it really depends on how well "The Hangover II" does.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:38 pm 

piper wrote:
I won't be surprised if Ed Helms winds up in the spot. I suspect it really depends on how well "The Hangover II" does.

I think it'll either be him, Tate, or Spader.

Spader was the best thing about last nights episode. Except for Creed, of course.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:46 am 

This show is [so fucking over it's] not even funny

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 pm 

monga18 wrote:
This show is [so fucking over it's] not even funny

The Office will become like the Simpsons after season 11 (or whenever) but before season 16 (the last episode I watched was the one where they buy drugs from Canada. Don't remember when that episode aired), I'll still watch it every week for a few years because, honestly, its still much better than other shows that are on at the same time, it still has the potential of being pretty funny and I like the cast, but its no longer the show it was even a few years ago. I don't see it lasting another two seasons.

Basically, Parks & Recreation is the new Office, and Community is the new 30 Rock (btw, I'm sure that the next season will be its last, considering that Alec Baldwin desperately wants to leave the show now).

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:23 pm 

Season finale was not very good. I'm guessing Dwight will get a 2nd chance as manager because nobody else looked good at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:31 am 

I thought the cold opening was the worst they've ever had. It's probably the most I've ever been disappointed with a television show. I was so psyched for Creed related hilarity. But all the jokes were so stupid. They could have done so much, but they did so little. And the little they did just sucked.

but the best part of the episode was Ryan's ridiculous speech to Jim, I mean, James.

Anyway, I don't know who's gonna be the boss, but I predict that someone in the office will tell Angela that the (state) senator is gay and she will have already known this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:11 am 

this show is over

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:38 am 

batman wrote:
this show is over

The cold open was fucking terrible (I liked the "Employees Try Out a New Internet Meme" thing better back when they did the Parkour thing), but honestly that episode wasn't that bad. For a late-period US Office episode, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:44 am 

i've resigned myself to almost no expectations whatsoever. Which, compared to the first 2 seasons, is fucking pathetic. Even the 3rd season was really enjoyable. What a fuckin piece of shit this show has turned in to. The last season was great compared to the previous two, but still...a piece of shit. :ugh:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:01 am 

Well I still enjoyed tonight's episode, but I haven't really had high expectations since season 6.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:17 am 

AbeVV wrote:
Well I still enjoyed tonight's episode, but I haven't really had high expectations since season 6.

same here, but the planking thing was just awful. I like the Robert California character but the bit about him convincing Jo to give him her job is just about the most ridiculous and stupid thing the Office writers have ever done, it seemed like a cheap way to get rid of Kathy Bates.

also fwiw I think Andy is a good replacement for Michael Scott, his defense on behalf of team was an evolution of sorts for the character and I think Ed Helms has a lot of potential to grow in the lead role. He was also the most well-known out of the cast so it sort of made sense to make him the manager from that standpoint.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:47 am 

The jokes are still pretty funny (if not as funny as the classic seasons), but I just can't care about the plot anymore. Oh my god, Pam is pregnant again! Andy is the new boss?! Sabre has a new CEO! Angela is pregnant! They just throw in these huge things like they're nothing, and it's not interesting anymore. I don't even feel the need to say spoiler alert here, cuz it don't even matter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next