DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 pm 

great to watch? it was ugly as hell, i cringed. it started well but bad move lifting instead of driving through, shitty technique. lifting a big, heavy, retard like kite who had good momentum is always going to be potentially dangerous even though there was no intent. thaiday has no loading but i'd say they'll cop the two weeks. grade 2 my arse. uate's was a 0. different rules round origin time. and hoffman's gone for the season (6 weeks+). beale's a good substitute but he's not as damaging and it means either copley or gagai will slot in on the wing and both are pretty green. they'll be good players in time but both are pretty error prone and both make poor reads in defence. don't wanna see copley under the high ball either :facepalm:

i'd probably hate hodges and thaiday too if i wasn't a broncs fan. hodges in particular is real cocky. but any other team would love to have both of them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:44 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
John G wrote:
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Goodbyeeeeee, Rabbitohs.

yes unfortunately anyway such is life... what did you think about Thaidays tackle? i think he should take the two weeks, if he fights the charge he may get three weeks, will they take the chance? he will be a big loss as will hoffman.

It was great to watch live. I'm surprised Kite was so injured by it, though. I honestly think that Thaiday didn't mean for it to happen, but it's a dangerous tackle all the same. Don't want to see him out. Shit, I hope Hoffmann's alright.

On another note, I must be one of the few that doesn't dislike Thaiday and/or Hodges.

i don't mind them as players, they can be annoying for supporters of other clubs at times, are you talking broncos, QLD supporters too?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:49 am 

jughead wrote:
great to watch? it was ugly as hell, i cringed. it started well but bad move lifting instead of driving through, shitty technique. lifting a big, heavy, retard like kite who had good momentum is always going to be potentially dangerous even though there was no intent. thaiday has no loading but i'd say they'll cop the two weeks. grade 2 my arse. uate's was a 0. different rules round origin time. and hoffman's gone for the season (6 weeks+). beale's a good substitute but he's not as damaging and it means either copley or gagai will slot in on the wing and both are pretty green. they'll be good players in time but both are pretty error prone and both make poor reads in defence. don't wanna see copley under the high ball either :facepalm:

i'd probably hate hodges and thaiday too if i wasn't a broncs fan. hodges in particular is real cocky. but any other team would love to have both of them.

It was an ugly tackle that went wrong, two weeks is about right, forget the uate tackle, taylors was probably not as bad and got 5 with loading and fighting it, taking the two is sensible. Warriors are a real chance against the broncos now, i like their side, its big with good forwards and backs with skill, speed and enterprise it should be a cracker.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 am 

Broncos and Manly were good on the weekend, though the warriors and cowboys were ordinary at the same time.
Very good semis coming up this weekend, im leaning towards a Manly V Broncos GF at this stage. Melbourne just cant get there please... anyway Melbourne weren't that great on the weekend against 8th place Knights, they had some luck and bent the rules again, now Slater runs at the fullback jumps with no intention to catch the ball hits it back with his buddies competing behind him, they were also grappling, holding down all game again and slowing it up so much,and cronk slides in with his legs leading to hit the ball and stop a try, and of course no penalty :mad: . Bellamy must stay up at night thinking how can i bend the rules and find a loophole this week? anyway what can you do? commentators suck up storms arse all the time and just heap praise and haven't got the balls to criticize them that annoys me the most.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 am 

I'm still backing the dragons to make the final and I don't know why. To me it looks like they're reverse choking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 am 

I'm backing the Broncos to play Wests in the finals.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:38 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
I'm backing the Broncos to play Wests in the finals.

In the Grand Final you mean? yes that will be my preference game, a lockyer V Marshall head to head going into golden point and lockyer kicks a field goal in the 89th minute to win. Well a Queenslander dream anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 pm 

Is Lockyer playing or not? I've read several articles that contradict each other. Some say he's right to play and it's down to him on the game day, and others' say he's withdrawn. I just don't know.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that it should be his decision to play or not. I know he's no doctor and that he isn't completely aware of his condition, but if he doesn't play and the Broncos do lose, it's the type of decision that'll probably eat away at you forever.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 pm 

He's officially ruled out, which, as much as I hate the Broncos, is a bit of a shame. Although there may be no sweeter way to go out than scoring a field goal in golden point in your last game at Suncorp.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 am 

That's true, but it isn't really going out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:21 am 

i think lockyer made the right decision, now the team can plan and prepare, it will show how good this young team is if they win without him, it will be a test for them. the last few weeks they have been at home in front of their own supporters with sellout crowds, lockyer's last game, 2nd last game, third last game etc. now they will get a shot of reality playing a pumped up manly in sydney with little crowd support and of course NO lockyer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:40 am 

I have faith.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:14 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
I have faith.

keep the faith... they can still do it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:14 pm 

Good performance by the warriors, they are the real deal. GF promises to be a thriller, both teams have good strong forwards, good halves and speed out wide, i'll go for warriors at this stage, i picked them as the dark horse a few weeks back and will stick with them, Maloney/Johnson V Foran/Cherry Evans is mouth watering.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 am 

should be a cracker. don't hate manly as much as previous seasons but i'd still like to see them thoroughly touched up by the warriors. great things happening in league over in nz. that's teams in three grades of footy finals; firsts, nsw cup(vulcans) and the 20s. after perth and another qld team it'd be good to try and squeeze a second league team over there. it will obviously be tough penetrating the union market but perhaps it's time for some bolder and more aggressive steps by the nrl - should be plenty of cash to splurge in a few years when the new tv rights are agreed upon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 42  Next