DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guitarists' Den
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 am 

mate they are both good amps, i prefer the fender tweed but i only play ej strats and 52 ri teles through them. just make sure u go down to the local guitar store (or even ask to borrow them) and put in some quality jamming time on both before u make the call

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:35 pm 

ta, mate. that's probably the best way to go about things. i'm sure i'll be happy with either, they're both in top nick too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:44 pm 

wait, how much are you paying!?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 pm 

these were just formative prices being discussed so subject to change (though i doubt he'd charge much more); approx $2500 for the vibro king and $2300 for the 57 tweed twin. too good to pass up it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 am 

Good morning DDD guitarists forum...I have missed thee

I recently acquired several new guitars, including a lovely hollow body electric PRS and an absolutely beautiful Warr guitar and a Chapman stick.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 pm 

That's all fine and dandy, but what use is that post without pics of said lovelies?

As for myself, I just got an email from Juha Ruokangas, he'll start creating the new pickguard for my guitar, with custom settings and everything. It wasn't cheap, but dammit, I wanted the best, and I believe this is it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm 

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:
That's all fine and dandy, but what use is that post without pics of said lovelies?

As for myself, I just got an email from Juha Ruokangas, he'll start creating the new pickguard for my guitar, with custom settings and everything. It wasn't cheap, but dammit, I wanted the best, and I believe this is it.

I'll see what I can rustle up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:51 pm 

Is upgrading my pedalboard for the final recording and later gigging of our debut album. I think I've narrowed my choices down to the following:

ImageImage
ImageImage

And maybe one of these bad boys, if I'm feeling extravegant:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:07 pm 

So, I've been trying to learn some new chords for a while, but I have this problem. Let's use E-major as an example. I've been looking at pictures and it shows the index finger barring (or whatever) straight down the fret. My problem is that I always end up muting the E and the B (I think those are the bottom two strings). How the fuck are you supposed to do it without muting those two? I've tried pressing down to the point where I'm about to snap the fucking neck! Goddamn, it's annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 pm 

I have had that problem, but it is the fifth string only that gets muted. I have lost the third in the past too. And I thought the last strings were A and E. :question:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:20 pm 

Could be, I don't really know a whole hell of a lot. I just don't see how to do it, no one explains it, I've watched video after video and it's always the same bullshit "Just rest your index finger over all the strings and it should come out sounding perfect!". Could it be there's something wrong with my fingers or what?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 pm 

Are you making sure that your finger is parallel to the fret?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:15 am 

Like most things guitar, it's all about practice. I've been playing for around 7 years and its only in the last couple that I've become more comfortable playing barre chords. My only advice is to not push down too heavily as you'll do yourself damage and the chord will invariable come out sounding like crap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:23 pm 

a_man_named_gray wrote:
Are you making sure that your finger is parallel to the fret?

Yes, of course, how else would I have it?

I read something a while back about why I might be having so much trouble. You see, I'm 21, and you're suppose to start playing in your youth (like every great guitarist started at at least 15) because by adulthood your hands have developed in a certain way that allows for less flexibility, but if you start playing before you're an adult, it's suppose to give your hands more versatility or something. Is that true?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:26 pm 

I hope so(I'm fifteen). I have never heard that before, but it sounds logical. I would bet that it is true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next