DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:46 pm 

Holy shit, Davie Mead's try against the Sharks is incredible:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:22 am 

i know that was a ridiculous pick up at speed, freakish, i don't think he could believe it either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:40 am 

jughead wrote:
John G wrote:
MintCondition wrote:
Looks like Souths are on a roll John!

Yeah they humiliated Parramatta, how good was that, hope Dom was crying on his lounge watching it!!! :boohoo: they are just playing to what they are capable of really :thumb: Merritt five tries what an effort, hes suited to fullback, and their left edge is the most potent in the NRL.

what? ridiculous claim. manly's is and it isn't close. showing up for one match against a team who doesn't give a shit proves absolutely nothing. it's jarryd hayne + a bunch of park nuffies.

hoppa + matai + stewart bros + foran is probably the best attacking combination in the competition at the moment. creative, cohesive and they show up every week. souffs couldn't hold a candle to them.

OK then, Souths left edge is as good as any (if the get to play more than one game together),they have'nt played together enough this season.Sutton/taylor and inglis killed manly at gosford a few games back, and at brookvale sutton and inglis made line breaks (when they had possession). Foran/Matai/stewart is very good, but Sutton/ taylor/ inglis/ merritt at (fullback) is nearly impossible to stop when on full throttle. Remember souths have beaten tigers, dragons, manly, broncos and should have beaten storm this season, and did it under strength. As far as Parra and park nuffies?, well they were ordinary but were blown away in the first half by too much class, Parra had two golden point loses in a row and two four point loses that should have won against top sides prior to this game. I know you love knocking souths but they put 34 on dragons last week as well, its just a matter of belief and actually getting their best combination on the park together and they can beat anyone, they are still missing five forwards but others have stepped up, its just a shame that it may be too late in the season depending on other results. If Souths make the semi's i think a few teams with be nervous.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 am 

Well I'd like to see a team other than the Storm or Dragons win it. Both teams are too mechanical for my liking.

Would definitely cheer on Souths or Tiger's if they made the final.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am 

I'll probably kill myself if Manly win.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 am 

Dragons vs Cowboys in the final. I called it about 2 months ago and I'm stubborn and sticking to it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 pm 

Quote:
OK then, Souths left edge is as good as any (if the get to play more than one game together),they have'nt played together enough this season.Sutton/taylor and inglis killed manly at gosford a few games back, and at brookvale sutton and inglis made line breaks (when they had possession). Foran/Matai/stewart is very good, but Sutton/ taylor/ inglis/ merritt at (fullback) is nearly impossible to stop when on full throttle. Remember souths have beaten tigers, dragons, manly, broncos and should have beaten storm this season, and did it under strength. As far as Parra and park nuffies?, well they were ordinary but were blown away in the first half by too much class, Parra had two golden point loses in a row and two four point loses that should have won against top sides prior to this game. I know you love knocking souths but they put 34 on dragons last week as well, its just a matter of belief and actually getting their best combination on the park together and they can beat anyone, they are still missing five forwards but others have stepped up, its just a shame that it may be too late in the season depending on other results. If Souths make the semi's i think a few teams with be nervous.

i really don't understand how you can say that about a combination who hardly turns up versus one who is, week in week out, the most damaging in the comp. it's bias. almost as bias as i am against souffs. i mean come on, sutton is tripe. inglis has been better recently and merrit has always been a great club footballer. i think that taylor, who can be damaging, also stymies a lot of their attack as he can be a ball hog which stops inglis getting fed (lol) when he is in space. anyway, i'll stop baiting you. you and i have both agreed before that most of souffs problems are attitudinal and stemming from injury problems. john lang is a bit of a fossil and they could definitely do with a new coach.

as a neutral, how good would a warriors vs cowboys final be, though the nrl would hate that. don't want dragons/storm/sea eagles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 am 

jughead wrote:
Quote:

i really don't understand how you can say that about a combination who hardly turns up versus one who is, week in week out, the most damaging in the comp. it's bias. almost as bias as i am against souffs. i mean come on, sutton is tripe. inglis has been better recently and merrit has always been a great club footballer. i think that taylor, who can be damaging, also stymies a lot of their attack as he can be a ball hog which stops inglis getting fed (lol) when he is in space. anyway, i'll stop baiting you. you and i have both agreed before that most of souffs problems are attitudinal and stemming from injury problems. john lang is a bit of a fossil and they could definitely do with a new coach.

as a neutral, how good would a warriors vs cowboys final be, though the nrl would hate that. don't want dragons/storm/sea eagles.

Of course im biased, we have two good wins in a row and im feeding off it... but seriously yes Manly do turn up every week and souths havent, i like the way manly play and of late newcastle and warriors. Souths have the talent but circumstances have gone against them, and belief. Apparently Soward stirred them up last week, after 15 mins he was laughing and wooo hooing at souths, obviously a bad move in firing up a team that has talented players. I agree that Taylor can hog a bit and not feed inglis, but again that comes back to combinations and game time. As far as Sutton, he is not tripe, hes damaging when he runs the ball, he was all over hayne last game and out played soward too, i think he is a lock and hopefully will play there next year, michael maguire( New coach next year )might play him there (you know fossil lang isnt there next year?). Anyway i will support you on a warriors/ cowboys GF, warriors are a good side and are real dark horses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:23 am 

MintCondition wrote:
Well I'd like to see a team other than the Storm or Dragons win it. Both teams are too mechanical for my liking.

Would definitely cheer on Souths or Tiger's if they made the final.

Good call mint, they play a good style and have game breakers, im not sure souths can make it, they are a slim hope :pray: , Tigers are a big show and their style might upset a team like storm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 am 

While I loved seeing the Broncos win, I also feel sad that the Cowboys didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:30 pm 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
While I loved seeing the Broncos win, I also feel sad that the Cowboys didn't.

As a broncos supporter why do you feel sad for the cowboys?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:07 pm 

I still support the Cowboys as well as several other teams, just not nearly to the degree that I support Brisbane. It's just great seeing the Cowboys in the top 8 after many years of being outside of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm 

I wont mind the cowboys doing well in the semis, it will depend on Thurston's fitness, i like the simm's boys, Tate, matty bowen,and scott's a machine, and their little hooker filling in is a goer too. Broncos are looking good and i think they will go close this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:07 am 

Sooooowwww,what a weekend, the park nuffies (eels )should have beat the mighty (turn up every week) manly and blew it, did you see two of Manlys gift tries? The eels have pushed all the top teams in the last 6 weeks except for... souths... and souths killed Raiders today of course, souths have scored 134 points in the last 164 minutes how sensational. Footy is healthy again. Souths' left edge is obviously fantastic (just quietly). Ok GI, (two tries) killed dugan for pace on a 70m sprint, (tripe) sutton set up a few, taylor, Sandow killed again, :metal: i don't need to reiterate any more do i?, oh yeah and merritt scored 3 tries in the second half, eight in six days what an effort.... Roosters beat dragons so the week of footy was great, lockys 350th got him a win too.
Poor ol Jugheads head must be spinning? lol :dance: :thumb: :butt: :butt: :wink: :whistle: :parrot: :butt: :dance:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:33 pm 

qld sun must be getting to your head, john. i'm enjoying this. still heartily loling at souffs :smile: . can't wait till (a) you either miss out on the finals (one loss should do it) or (b) you make the finals and get spanked by the storm or your favourite silvertails. mmhmmmm, let's recap. in the last three weeks souffs have scored a whopping 137 pts against park nuffies parra (second last), the raiders (third last - worst coach in the league. yes worse than fossil lang) and st merge, who themselves have lost their last 3 of 4 against the mighty chooks (4th last), the raiders and of course your mob. too bad you guys don't have the titans coming up, then we'd really be able to gauge how you're travelling :lol: . good seeing sandow playing some quality footy. too bad you lads decided to sign up shithouse sutton instead whilst sandow cashes his cheques and jumps on the pokies out west. playing competent footy at seasons end when there are no expectations - a trademark of the great souff sydney rabbitohs. now john, you seemed quite perturbed last week when soward (who is admittely a cocky little shit) riled up some of your players. now your own midget, turnstile half with all the hallmarks of hubris has come up with this gem

''We've got Friday night against the Cowboys. We're going to go to ANZ [Stadium] and smash them, I hope, in front of our home crowd,'' Sandow said, taking a detour from the script. ''I think a few teams will be shaking in their boots if we're going to be in the eight.''

oh yes, give us more chris. everyone will be shaking in their boots at the most complacent in the league renowned for cracking under pressure :lol: . they can put points on but they sure as hell can't keep them out. if i recall correctly, in one of the past few seasons, souffs actually were the most stasticially proflic attacking team leading them to finish......9th! i won't mind if the bunnies beat the cowboys on friday. that means they'll have a must win clash against the broncos the following week at suncorp. wouldn't that be grand?

:tiphat:

feeling pretty good with another quality broncos win, actually. the great man getting the send off he deserves so far. as i'm realistic about my teams chances i'd still be surprised if we take the title (though i'd be disappointed with anything less than a semi-finals berth). probably a good prop short and our inexperience and sometimes impotent attack will hurt against the big guns. defense hasn't been what it was at seasons start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 42  Next