It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guitarists' Essential Works
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 pm 

I'll wait till tomorrow to see if there's more input...its 3:20 AM here, and im basically here cause i'll have to have my pre fast meal in about 15 mins ..... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:26 pm 

Damn, you're a night-owl, nothin wrong with that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:31 pm 

what the heck is a night owl ? arent all owls nocturnal anyways :wink:

and i dont stay this late, but as i said , i have to eat soon and then pray , so i might as well stay for the time being and then finish my duties and then sleep ....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm 

'night-owl' means you thrive in the nighttime.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:34 pm 

right now....im about as thriving as an 80 year old in bed ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 pm 

I can probably do Brian May.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm 

I'm planning to do Duane Allman.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 am 

added Mustaine , though I think we could put in some more songs...... Take no Prisoner and Mechanix ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:13 am 

I might do Blackmore in the next days, if I find the time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:19 am 

go ahead , though im going to allow gminer to be the judge of that .... he is definitely the authority on Blackmore . ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:29 am 

Yousha wrote:
go ahead , though im going to allow gminer to be the judge of that .... he is definitely the authority on Blackmore . ...

Sure. Come to think of it, I think I'll let him do it. Im sure that seeing Blackmore live 28 times since 1993, owning all official releases (including some 40+ live discs from all box sets) and about 99% of all existing audio/video bootlegs (amounts to over 1000 discs) which I have been collection over the past 10 years gives me to little knowledge of Blackmore to make such a list. :dance:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 am 

eric johnson || (definitive version imo)

cliffs of dover (any recording)
desert rose (studio)
trademark (studio)
trail of tears (live from austin, tx)
manhattan (G3)
zap (G3/live from austin, tx)
camels night out (G3/live from austin, tx)
rain (alien love child)
soulful terrain (live in austin [7:38 track length])
east wes (studio/live from austin,tx)
lonely in the night (studio)
all about you (studio)
last house on the block (alien love child)
song for george (studio)

also check out these 2 sweet fusion pieces:
resollution (giant steps in fusion guitars)
directions (28:39 bootleg with terry bozzio)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:49 am 

Rusty wrote:
Yousha wrote:

Sure. Come to think of it, I think I'll let him do it. Im sure that seeing Blackmore live 28 times since 1993, owning all official releases (including some 40+ live discs from all box sets) and about 99% of all existing audio/video bootlegs (amounts to over 1000 discs) which I have been collection over the past 10 years gives me to little knowledge of Blackmore to make such a list. :dance:

hehe did not mean to offend you sir , im sure you have your knowledge on Blackmore , but since we have another poster with great knowledge, not to mention gminer has always been the one around here to rec Blackmore stuff, it'd be disrespectful if i did not show your list to him before putting it up ..... no disrespect meant in any way :cheers:

also , no Bootleg performances allowed , just to make sure... its difficult to acquire and if mentioned , should be of decent quality and available . ..

on that note rv, since the last 2 songs you mentioned are bootleg performances of EJ, are there any links for those ? then id put them by the side when i put it up .... and i dont think anyone's going to doubt your EJ list .... but i'll still wait for a while to see if someone has anything to say about it ....

and thanks for the steady contribution people .... :tiphat:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:54 am 

Yousha wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Yousha wrote:

hehe did not mean to offend you sir , im sure you have your knowledge on Blackmore , but since we have another poster with great knowledge, not to mention gminer has always been the one around here to rec Blackmore stuff, it'd be disrespectful if i did not show your list to him before putting it up ..... no disrespect meant in any way :cheers:

Sure I know, dont get me wrong, I have no ego or anything (dont call me sir im not THAT old and im not British, or a sir in any way :lol: ), Im just happy to give way to a forum veteran, I've been reading and enjoying gminer's posts since 2005 and if he wants to have a go at the list I'd be happy to let him have it and maybe sudgest a tune or two if it escapes his mind, saves me the work anyway. I understand there is an unwritten hierarchy on forums (all of them that have a few year history, not just this one) and a new guy cant just come in and post his list, no matter how much knowledge he may or may not have on the subject. My list would be too big anyway (and of course I know no bootleg performances allowed), with probably even more entries then Terry Kath list. Blackmore's body of work is just huge and very consistent in quality, so he deserves a great and big list and im sure gminer will do it justice. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:59 am 

its in my posting style to call people sir when showing respect ... look around you'll know , and nah, by all means, please make the list .... there's nothing wrong with 2 people making a list anyway , and more than anything else , im curious to know more about the tracks from his BN days ... so if you do find the time , please contribute .. and yes, Beck and Blackmore will have and do deserve the longest lists .... if you could break it down between eras - aka - Purple , Rainbow and solo, that would be awesome :cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next