DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Who
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 pm 

I don't think they should be, unless they're akin to Past Masters for the Beatles, and even that doesn't need to be orange.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:57 pm 

Clash, did you say you lost the dvd's I sent you? Remind me again of which ones I sent and i'll get them burned again in the next few weeks or so.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:37 pm 

Georgi wrote:
I don't think they should be, unless they're akin to Past Masters for the Beatles, and even that doesn't need to be orange.

Yeah, they can, but that doesn't mean that they should. Bona Drag is really the only compilation deserving of an orange for that artist.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:50 am 

I'm not really familiar with Morrisey but he doesn't seem an artist who deserves an orange. The Queen is Dead orange? For sure. Morissey solo stuff, doesn't seem right. Anyway, enough of the thread hijack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 am 

i think the bolds and colors are supposed to be gauged within the framework of their own catalog, not music's entirety, but i could be wrong. (if you're saying he isn't significant enough to have one)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 am 

I got the impression oranges were like must listen releases for serious music fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 pm 

that could just as easily be correct

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:28 pm 

nathan wrote:
Clash, did you say you lost the dvd's I sent you? Remind me again of which ones I sent and i'll get them burned again in the next few weeks or so.

I lost Tanglewood and Woodstock. I found Tokyo 2004, though, which is a killer show and in amazing quality. Thank you so much, nathan!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:34 pm 

Georgi wrote:
I got the impression oranges were like must listen releases for serious music fan.

If that's the case, wouldn't the collection of The Who's sixties singles qualify with flying colors?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm 

Pat C wrote:
i think the bolds and colors are supposed to be gauged within the framework of their own catalog, not music's entirety, but i could be wrong. (if you're saying he isn't significant enough to have one)

This is correct. Just like the director tiers. I'm sure i mention this in the thread explaining tiering.

Every artist gets an orange, Orange = the most essential, influential, acclaimed album(s) by that artist. A tier based off all of music is worthless, for most artists it'd just be a discography.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:41 pm 

A Quick One should be bold and My Generation should be red. My Generation is 248 all-time at acclaimedmusic.net. That's more than many red albums here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 pm 

ClashWho wrote:
A Quick One should be bold and My Generation should be red. My Generation is 248 all-time at acclaimedmusic.net. That's more than many red albums here.

I thought I did that to those two albums already, but looks like I did not. Fixing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:40 pm 

piper wrote:
ClashWho wrote:

I thought I did that to those two albums already, but looks like I did not. Fixing.

Looks good. I agree with the bold for Endless Wire, as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 pm 

Great stuff. Loving the bold for Isle of Wight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm 

How about bold for Odds and Sods? There's a lot of crucial stuff on it. It's far superior to Who Are You, Face Dances and It's Hard. Not to mention Coda.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next