DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: South Park
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 pm 

Nah, this was the first time I've seen them doing a serious ending that involves any kind of character development (even so minimal). Usually it's just "I learnt something today" and then a rant about stupidity and double-thought in society. Non of that this time. It was thought provoking only in the sense that we are to feel bad for the characters (who represented how the creators of the show feel themselves), rather than involving an injustice in society, which makes it more personal. South Park has been serious, I am not disputing that, but it has never tried to look human.

And the contract ends after season 15. There are going to be 7 more episodes after a few months and most likely that is it. I've read that Trey has stated his unwillingness to make new episodes, which would suggest that they aren't thinking of renewing their contract. This episode seemed to me like they are figuring out a way to end the series. Still, seven more episodes. A lot can happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:53 pm 

Also, "tween wave" sound exactly like dubstep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:09 pm 
Their contract with Comedy Central expires in 2013 or after 2013 but yeah they can end the show earlier.

Quote:
When you first signed on to do “South Park” for Comedy Central, how long did you really think it would last?

A.TREY PARKER: We really thought six episodes. Because we got a deal for six episodes.
MATT STONE: I totally remember having a big party just to celebrate that.
PARKER: It’s pretty funny, too, because there’s tons of interviews, right after its first year, when people asked us, “How long do you think you can do this?” And there were so many times that we would answer back, “Well, it’s not like we’re going to be doing this when we’re 40.” I turned 40 in October.
STONE: And I’m almost 40. But we won’t be doing it when we’re 50.
PARKER: It’s not like we’re going to be doing it when we’re 45. [laughs]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:31 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
So I finally saw the last episode of South Park, and...I cried.

Nuff said.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 am 

Book of Mormon won 9 Tony Awards including Best Musical. These guys are geniuses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm 
Sherick wrote:

Nuff said.

It's not the last episode, they have 7 left and they have not yet said this will be the last season but I think it will be. South Park has fooled us before so I wouldn't count out them not ending the series after this season but I do have a strong feeling this will be it. I have never been more anxious for the next new episode. I just wonder where they will go from here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm 

Sherick wrote:

Nuff said.
I got a little choked up myself. I was not expecting the episode to turn out like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Destroyer wrote:
Sherick wrote:

Nuff said.

It's not the last episode, they have 7 left and they have not yet said this will be the last season but I think it will be. South Park has fooled us before so I wouldn't count out them not ending the series after this season but I do have a strong feeling this will be it. I have never been more anxious for the next new episode. I just wonder where they will go from here.

It was the last episode on TV...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 pm 

Location: the south is a shithole from which no human decency can escape
Wow I wish I seen this episode, I cannot watch it on the southparkstudios website because this computer virus I have has disabled flash videos. So I won't be able to watch it until I get my hard drive fixed.

Man, Comedy Central without South Park, I can't even fathom it. They're gonna be sooooooooooooooooo fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:42 pm 
Sherick wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
Sherick wrote:

Nuff said.

I don't know what you're talking about. It's the last episode of the first half of the season. 4 months from now they will have the last 7 episodes of season 15 on Comedy Central.

Quote:
Parker and Stone are under contract to produce 14 new episodes in 2011.[4] The fifteenth season premiered on April 27, 2011

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 pm 
boo boo wrote:
Wow I wish I seen this episode, I cannot watch it on the southparkstudios website because this computer virus I have has disabled flash videos. So I won't be able to watch it until I get my hard drive fixed.

Man, Comedy Central without South Park, I can't even fathom it. They're gonna be sooooooooooooooooo fucked.

Do you have DVR? If not then I can look days ahead on my DVR guide and try to catch when they replay the latest episode so maybe you can watch it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:16 pm 

Destroyer wrote:
Sherick wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
Sherick wrote:

Nuff said.

I don't know what you're talking about. It's the last episode of the first half of the season. 4 months from now they will have the last 7 episodes of season 15 on Comedy Central.

Jesus fucking Christ, you are such a moron.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:20 pm 
You don't have to be an asshole about it and what the hell are you talking about? The season is half over, not over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm 
Ok so I guess Sherick is saying its the latest episode thats been on tv? Anyone can get easily confused with that because people are saying they think its the last EVER episode and I keep telling them its not. I thought Sherick was thinking it was the last ever episode. People can easily get that twisted around. Two Headed Boy you don't deserve my attention here. I can't stand assholes like you.

It was a :durr: moment for me but it wasn't moronic. The buzz on the internet is that South Park ended with that episode. I had that in mind while reading Sherick's post. Simple as that, no need for name calling. Two Headed Boy, you could of just corrected me you know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:36 pm 
Ok attempting to move on from that lame shit....

Will Sharon and Randy get back together? I think maybe Sharon's friends will take her out of town to a male strip club and will find out that Randy is working there and they will fall in love all over again and move back in with each other. :lol:

That's just some lame attempt from me predicting the next episode. There's no way Randy can be gone from the show because he's one of the 2 most popular and funny characters on South Park.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next