So who, without worrying yet about people who'll have to be added to the list, gets 31-40? It seems to me this is where the list starts getting really wacky/ridiculous as it stands:
31. Dave LaRue (Dixie Dregs)
32. Will Lee (session man)
33. Nathan East (Eric Clapton, session man)
34. Verdine White (Earth, Wind & Fire)
35. David Hungate (Toto, session man)
36. Phil Chen (Rod Stewart, session man)
37. Oteil Burbridge (Allman Brothers Band)
38. Freddie Washington (session man)
39. Nathan Watts (session man)
40. Louis Satterfield (Earth Wind & Fire, session man)
LaRue has no business being right behind Abe. East has no business being in the top 40 period. Oteil has no business being near here. Watts isn't top 40 and from what I can tell, Louis Satterfield was like a trumpetist or something, not a bassist
Anyone disagree on those five leaving the top 40?
The Session Guys...it'll be up to Stu to argue for them to keep spots that seem high to me. Chen probably stays top 40, not sure about Lee, Washington is probably a bit high, and Hungate might be top 50 but I'm not sure he's top 40. Bleh. Like I said I think Chen stays around where he is though
One session man...er woman who probably SHOULD be in this ballpark is Carol Kaye.
Who else populates the 31-40 range? I say the following are all realistic contenders out of the names currently on the list: