DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: The Legend of Zelda
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:19 am 

NES:
The Legend Of Zelda (1986)
The Adventure Of Link (1987)

SNES:

A Link To The Past (1991)

Game Boy/Color:
Link's Awakening (1993)
Oracle Of Ages (2001)
Oracle Of Seasons (2001)

CD-i:
Link: The Faces Of Evil (1993)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (1993)
Zelda's Adventure (1994)

N64:
Ocarina Of Time (1998)
Majora's Mask (2000)

Game Boy Advance:
A Link To The Past & Four Swords (2002)
The Minnish Cap (2004)

Gamecube:
The Wind Waker (2003)
Four Swords Adventures (2004)

Wii:

Twilight Princess (2006)
Link's Crossbow Training (2007)

Nintendo DS:
The Phantom Hourglass (2007)
Spirit Tracks (2009)

Last edited by Oomenic on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:26 am 

Location: the south is a shithole from which no human decency can escape
Orange: LTTP, Ocarina
Red: Zelda 1, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess
Regular: All the handheld games

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:49 am 

Yeah, definite red for the first one, not sure what I was thinking.

The first one is a game that I can't imagine I would've ever finished without a walkthrough (and save states if I recall). A ridiculously hard game, which I guess is part of its appeal. Don't even get me started on the second one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:55 am 

I actually like Zelda 2 quite a bit and consider it better than people give it credit for. But yeah it is the black sheep of the series, and definitely the hardest.

What I love about the original that sets it apart from every other game in the series is how it doesn't walk you through anything, it leaves it to you to figure everything out on your own, which can make it fustrating at times but overall it's a big part of what makes it fun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:14 am 

Yeah, I quite enjoyed 2. I never finished it but it's not that bad at all.

I was in the middle of LttP when my laptop crashed and I haven't started it again yet but it was really good up until then. I'm now currently in the middle of Majoras Mask and its amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:12 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
The Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

TP needs red, as Boo said.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:03 pm 

This one's pretty hard, aside from the CD-i games, pretty much every game is considered one of the best for their respective consoles, so I decided to try and grade on a curve of the series, still doesn't look quite right to me. Plus, I fucking hate Zelda, so perhaps I'm not the right guy for the job.

NES:
The Legend Of Zelda (1986)
The Adventure Of Link (1987)

SNES:
A Link To The Past (1991)

Game Boy/Color:
Link's Awakening (1993)
Oracle Of Ages (2001)
Oracle Of Seasons (2001)

CD-i:
Link: The Faces Of Evil (1993)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (1993)
Zelda's Adventure (1994)

N64:
Ocarina Of Time (1998)
Majora's Mask (2000)

Game Boy Advance:
A Link To The Past & Four Swords (2002)
The Minnish Cap (2004)

Gamecube:
The Wind Waker (2003)
Four Swords Adventures (2004)

Wii:
Twilight Princess (2006)
Link's Crossbow Training (2007)

Nintendo DS:
The Phantom Hourglass (2007)
Spirit Tracks (2009)

Recommended First Play: A Link To The Past (reason being because the original is obsolete aside from nostalgia play and LTTP is just the right mix of simplicity to get a feel for how the games work and still be enjoyable before you move onto the 3D games)

Last edited by that_guy on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:13 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
You're delusioned if you think Link's Awakening is bottom tier. Phantom Hourglass could also get the bold, I don't particularly care for it, but it has been highly praised for its innovation to the franchise.
Majora could get red too...maybe not WW when I think about it now, when compared to the whole series, though I'm starting to believe that is actually the most addicting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 pm 

Sherick wrote:
You're delusioned if you think Link's Awakening is bottom tier. Phantom Hourglass could also get the bold, I don't particularly care for it, but it has been highly praised for its innovation to the franchise.
Majora could get red too...maybe not WW when I think about it now, when compared to the whole series, though I'm starting to believe that is actually the most addicting.

Yeah, I was thinking about bolding PH and LA. WW and MM are hard to rank because MM is quite polarizing among the fanbase and WW is only appreciated by the fanbase.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:20 pm 

LA is easily a red, but I can understand what you say about the other two. MM thankfully has been reevaluated in recent years and is being widely hailed from what I can tell. It was the whole "Hey, this isn't Ocarina!" backdraft that was inevitable with retarded game fans that made it seem so rocky, when actually it was on par with Ocarina as a game, and featured many big improvements.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:23 pm 

Well, you can do with the rankings what you will, I was just trying to be nice and put it in an ordered format.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:25 pm 

Yeah its a good idea, its what I would've done. Like I said, the only thing I would do is red LA, bold PH, and probably bold MM.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:28 pm 

Sherick wrote:
Yeah its a good idea, its what I would've done. Like I said, the only thing I would do is red LA, bold PH, and probably bold MM.

MM is bolded, I just think it's unprofessional to have more reds than regular bolds, I try to grade everything on a curve. I don't know why Link's Awakening should be red, aside from holding the unchallenged position of being the first handheld version (aside from Game & Watch). I never hear anyone mention it aside from when they're talking about every game in the series. Even the Gametrailers Retrospective of the series only spent like 5 minutes talking about it, they spent more time talking about the Capcom developed games.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 pm 

Do some research then. LA is one of the most acclaimed games ever on the Game Boy, has been universally praised for its creativity and gameplay, and was even the Guiness book as one of the most important video games of all time.
Not to mention it was the best selling Game Boy and Game Boy Color game for 3 years and stayed on the best-seller's list for almost 7 more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:14 pm 

What the hell that_guy1? No bold for The Minish Cap? Fuck you, if you hate Zelda let someone else make a tier list.

Orange: LTTP, Ocarina
Red: Zelda 1, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess
Bold: All the handheld games, maybe Zelda 2

Though Minish Cap and Link's Awakening are VERY acclaimed for their respective systems, red bolding them wouldn't be a stretch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next