DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 pm 

nopes, normal, im always normal :razz:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 am 

i def remember playing these as a kid: jungle king, final fantasy, crash bandicoot team racing/the wrath of cortex/etc, spyro, croc 1 and 2, halo, the simpsons arcade game, time crisis, time pilot, tekken, pacman, space invaders, street fighter II, state of emergency, asteroids, mario brothers, galaxian, crazy taxi, teenage mutant ninja turtles, starcraft, counterstrike, bubble bobble, worms, pokemon blue & red, wonder boy, prince of persia, x-men, bejeweled, metal slug

mostly played: metal slug, the simpsons, halo, crash, croc, starcraft, street fighter, final fantasy 1, 2, 4, 7, 8...

in my defense my stepbro was way into them and we had a LOT of south korean homestays at one point

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 am 

Croc! That was my first Playstation game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 am 

Gobbos!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 pm 

so i'm getting a PS3 soon (i know, i'm always several years behind everyone else with these things), but i know two of the games i want to play the most are BioShock and Portal, which i've heard are better on 360. thing is, i don't really wanna get a 360, so my question is are these games still as good as people say when played on PS3 instead? i wasnt sure if i should trust Metacritic since even though they have scores for each platform I wasn't sure if a lot of the reviews they use actually are platform-specific or not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:31 am 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Anybody else have one of these when they were young?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:16 pm 

pave wrote:
so i'm getting a PS3 soon (i know, i'm always several years behind everyone else with these things), but i know two of the games i want to play the most are BioShock and Portal, which i've heard are better on 360. thing is, i don't really wanna get a 360, so my question is are these games still as good as people say when played on PS3 instead? i wasnt sure if i should trust Metacritic since even though they have scores for each platform I wasn't sure if a lot of the reviews they use actually are platform-specific or not.

why wouldnt you want to get the superior product pave ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 pm 

Cruz wrote:
Anybody else have one of these when they were young?

I still have mine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm 

Yousha wrote:
pave wrote:

why wouldnt you want to get the superior product pave ?

God of War III, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection, Gran Turismo 5, LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2, Ratchet & Clank Future series, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted series, and Twisted Metal.

vs Halo 3.

even if the 360 is a better console (i wouldn't know because i haven't played either much beyond just being at friends' houses), the list of exclusives for PS3 is too much to ignore.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 am 

that_guy wrote:
ClashWho wrote:
Anyone care to recommend Mass Effect?

That depends, how willing are you to work for one of the most engaging video game experience you can possibly have? Lots of folks aren't willing to do that, which is where you'll find the doubters. It's definitely not something that you can just pick up and play. In fact, I hated it when I first started playing, but I paid $60 so I stuck with it and once things got going (after you get your ship and leave the Citadel; about two and a half hours in, ideally), it eventually became one of my favorite games of all-time. It's riddled with flaws, I can't deny that, but I personally thought the little quirks helped to make the team-based combat more intense (then again, I'm fucking crazy).

Mass Effect 2 is definitely more pick up and play (some would say 'insultingly easy'), but starting there will just get you lost.

Next to Deus Ex, I'd say it's my favorite western RPG.

chicken sandwich wrote:
ClashWho wrote:
Anyone care to recommend Mass Effect?

i'd check it out, it's an RPG...in space. It has its flaws but it's a great game.

Thanks, guys, I bought it and have been playing it for the last couple of days. Love it. Reminds me of Star Control II, one of the best games I ever played.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:48 pm 

pave wrote:
so my question is are these games still as good as people say when played on PS3 instead?

Of course they are. I own both systems and in my opinion the PS3 is the better buy for sure. Performance differences between the systems are negligible and I've never experienced some of the issues that are usually attributed to the PS3 with ported titles. Plus the online is free, you get a blu-ray player and the console specific games are much better.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:47 pm 

dropped some money on a ton of used games this week for PS2, Playstation and SNES. among them:

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Grand Theft Auto III
Twisted Metal Black
Devil May Cry
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, 3, 4 & Underground
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
SSX
Namco Museum
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Super Mario World
Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
and also a couple SingStar games and DDR cause i'm a faggot :razz:

now all i need is several months of free time to play them all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 pm 

pave wrote:
Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
and also a couple SingStar games and DDR cause i'm a faggot :razz:

Haters gonna hate, those are all so much fun. GH III was the best Guitar Hero-game ever.

*Waits for Itlan's counter-defense*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 pm 

So, I wrote a 10-page paper on Mother 3 and interactivity for a final project. No idea how I did yet, but I'll find out within the next week or two.

EDIT: A- and got an A for the class.

Last edited by beaverteeth92 on Fri May 25, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:25 am 

pave wrote:

Bioshock was shit on the 360 so I can't imagine it's any better on PS3.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 61  Next