DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Video Games Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:00 am 

Paulie wrote:
Gradius III for SNES is the shit

Also one of the hardest games ever imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 pm 

Anyone care to recommend Mass Effect?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:22 am 

ClashWho wrote:

That depends, how willing are you to work for one of the most engaging video game experience you can possibly have? Lots of folks aren't willing to do that, which is where you'll find the doubters. It's definitely not something that you can just pick up and play. In fact, I hated it when I first started playing, but I paid $60 so I stuck with it and once things got going (after you get your ship and leave the Citadel; about two and a half hours in, ideally), it eventually became one of my favorite games of all-time. It's riddled with flaws, I can't deny that, but I personally thought the little quirks helped to make the team-based combat more intense (then again, I'm fucking crazy).

Mass Effect 2 is definitely more pick up and play (some would say 'insultingly easy'), but starting there will just get you lost.

Next to Deus Ex, I'd say it's my favorite western RPG.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm 

ClashWho wrote:

i'd check it out, it's an RPG...in space. It has its flaws but it's a great game.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:50 pm 

A great game for Star Trek fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 pm 

ClashWho wrote:

I've never played it, but I don't care about my reputation, so I have no qualms recommending it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 pm 

Mass Effect 2 is amazing. It's pretty gorgeous story telling.

Plus you basically get to fuck Yvonne Strahovski.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:44 am 

dont get how ME1 is tougher than ME2 though

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 pm 

Are you kidding? In ME1, you actually felt like you were commanding a squadron. Strategically positioning your team members and making sure they weren't getting fucked up actually meant something. In ME2, the only things you really needed to take into account was which button made you duck and which button made you shoot. Your teammates mostly took care of themselves and every upcoming battle was laughably obvious to spot.

Though, despite my protests, it's still probably my favorite game of the last two years because of the story and characters alone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 am 

SUCH a faggot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 am 

pgm wrote:
ClashWho wrote:

I've never played it, but I don't care about my reputation, so I have no qualms recommending it.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 am 

that_guy wrote:
ClashWho wrote:

That depends, how willing are you to work for one of the most engaging video game experience you can possibly have? Lots of folks aren't willing to do that, which is where you'll find the doubters. It's definitely not something that you can just pick up and play. In fact, I hated it when I first started playing, but I paid $60 so I stuck with it and once things got going (after you get your ship and leave the Citadel; about two and a half hours in, ideally), it eventually became one of my favorite games of all-time. It's riddled with flaws, I can't deny that, but I personally thought the little quirks helped to make the team-based combat more intense (then again, I'm fucking crazy).

Mass Effect 2 is definitely more pick up and play (some would say 'insultingly easy'), but starting there will just get you lost.

Next to Deus Ex, I'd say it's my favorite western RPG.

Cool. I bought it. It's next up after Assassin's Creed II.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm 

Itlan wrote:
SUCH a faggot.

SUCH a copy-cat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:56 am 

that_guy wrote:
Are you kidding? In ME1, you actually felt like you were commanding a squadron. Strategically positioning your team members and making sure they weren't getting fucked up actually meant something. In ME2, the only things you really needed to take into account was which button made you duck and which button made you shoot. Your teammates mostly took care of themselves and every upcoming battle was laughably obvious to spot.

Though, despite my protests, it's still probably my favorite game of the last two years because of the story and characters alone.

well I breezed through ME1 , while the stages in ME2 generally proved to be a bit more challenging, and a lot more engaging. Maybe we just have different ways of playing, and hence the difference. Either way, favorite game of all time(ME2) along with Fable: Lost Chapters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:32 am 

Yousha wrote:
that_guy wrote:

well I breezed through ME1 , while the stages in ME2 generally proved to be a bit more challenging, and a lot more engaging. Maybe we just have different ways of playing, and hence the difference. Either way, favorite game of all time(ME2) along with Fable: Lost Chapters

I don't see how. Different difficulty settings perhaps?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 62  Next