DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Retro Gaming Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 am 

Location: the south is a shithole from which no human decency can escape
Game? There were 3 Sonic games for the Dreamcast, and I'm sure you're not talking about Sonic Shuffle so it must either be Sonic Adventure 1 or Sonic Adventure 2.

I love those games, they have their share of flaws, but they're pretty damn fun games overall and were great first attempts at Sonic in 3D.

They get a pretty bum rap these days, every time Sonic Adventure 1 gets re-released it gets signifcantly worse reviews from the gaming press than it did the last time.

I don't believe in such a thing as good games getting worse with time, I do believe in video game reviewers being a bunch of hive-minded trend hopping cunts who can never criticize anything for shit. Btw, "Stand the test of time" is a phrase I so utterly despise and I see it being used by game reviewers all the fucking time. It makes me want to shove something unpleasant up Sammy Hagar's ass every time I see it typed up by some grassy fat fuck english class dropout that has the audacity to call his useless time wasting hobby "criticism".

However only the most stupidly biased critics (see: Game Informer, Jim Sterling) have remained on the Sonic hate train now that we have Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations, which have redeemed the franchise for the most part.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Game Informer gave a very fair review of Generations, and highly praised many of the aspects of it and completely ate up the old school portions. I am fairly certain you don't read Game Informer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 am 

Fuck you, I read the review and it was fucking stupid.

"The game acknowledges that Sonic games after 1994 existed therefore it falls short."

Suck my dick, Game Informer sucks and you suck for liking it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:01 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
That's not at all what he said. In fact, he praises everything up until the last-gen releases (specifically praising Adventures), with Sonic '06, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Heroes getting some heat. You going to defend those ones too?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 am 

I thought Sonic Heroes was alright. I never played Sonic Unleashed (which actually gets a lot of praise for the non-Werehog levels) or Sonic 06 (which Game Informer gave a 6/10, which was one of most positive reviews the game ever got, so when they pretend like they always knew the game sucked I call fucking shenanigans) but including a few levels from those games seems like a pretty stupid fucking criticism since they're redesigned and level design was hardly one of the major criticisms for those games anyway.

The whole review comes off as just an excuse to bitch about the series a whole, which they do with every single fucking review of every single fucking Sonic game, in spite of the game's actual quality. Obviously Game Informer isn't the only one that does this, but they're probably the most egregious example.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:19 pm 

I'm even more sure than before that you didn't really read the review, or at least anything more than a rage-fueled skimming.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 pm 

No I read it. I just flat out despise Game Informer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 am 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Sonic Unleashed sucked. The traditional speed-centric levels were actually pretty fun, but the werewolf levels were just super-slow beat 'em ups with no personality.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:36 pm 

Ok, if the speedy Sonic levels in Unleashed were good but the werehog levels sucked and Generations includes the speedy Sonic levels from Unleashed and not the werehog levels, then what was the unforgivable atrocity that was committed?

I don't even see a problem with including levels from the despised Sonic 06 as long as it's just a reimagining of that game's concepts with better design.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:42 pm 

Maybe you should play the game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:43 pm 

I don't need to in order to know Game Informer sucks the big wet dick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:09 pm 

Great argument.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:56 am 

Chemical Plant Act 2 is irritating.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:12 am 

The Simpsons: The Arcade Game <3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next