DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing right now?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:50 pm 

Super Mario World, Super Metorid and Secret of Mana.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 pm 

Mitch NZ wrote:
Fable II. At the moment I'm making like that xkcd comic and playing games that are several years old due to their cheapness.

Fable III I thought was amazing, kept me entertained for about five weeks. Trying to replay Fable II at the moment but it takes way too long to get to the good stuff, and although I really like the gameplay the story is very crappy.

Playing Majora's Mask right now for the first time in a couple of years... just reached the water temple :clashwho: :clashwho: :clashwho: :clashwho: :clashwho:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:53 pm 

Yeah the water temple is always the one that drives you insane, that's the grand Zelda tradition.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm 

Location: Daniel Day Lewis has now a won a third Best Actin-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Yeah Great Bay stopped me in my tracks too and I'm very sad to say I never finished it :sad:

The water temple in Twilight Princess actually ain't that bad; its actually pretty fun, thanks to the inventiveness of the puzzles and the forgeous aesthetics. Pretty much anything in that game is worth it just to get to look at everything for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 pm 

Yeah I enjoy the water temples, they present the greatest challenge in every Zelda game they're in and are very imaginatively concieved.

When I say something is fustrating I'm definitely not saying it's bad, fustration is just part of the experience for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 pm 

Wouldn't be so bad if those weird arm things weren't there to arserape me around every corner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 pm 

boo boo wrote:
Yeah the water temple is always the one that drives you insane, that's the grand Zelda tradition.

I've had more problems with Turtle Rock on Link To the Past. And the one in Twilight Princess wasn't that bad.

Secret of Mana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:34 pm 

Sir wrote:
Wouldn't be so bad if those weird arm things weren't there to arserape me around every corner.

Those things are a pain in the ass. The Water Temple on Ocarina of Time was always worse for me than the Great Bay Temple. I thought the Stone Tower Temple was easily the most challeging on Majora.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:46 pm 

Location: Daniel Day Lewis has now a won a third Best Actin-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Stone Tower is probably the most original, challenging (in a good way), and interesting temple in any Zelda. That article I posted about MM helps too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 pm 

Installing Cataclysm now. The releasing of this expansion at the time of exams was just rotten!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:58 pm 

Sir wrote:

You mean the floating hands?

They weren't as hard to avoid in the overheads where you could see their shadows.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:11 pm 

No he means the Dixie Hands in Great Bay Temple. Though the Wall Masters....eeg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 pm 

Castle Crashers.

What a piece of shit. This game is TERRIBLE.

I expected to like it because it's a side scrolling beat em up, which is one of my favorite genres, and I've heard from people that all old beat em ups suck compared to this one. And naturally I shouldn't have trusted them.

The graphics look like something out of a flash game, the music sounds like some Hanz Zimmer bullshit, the enemies are like someone's deviant art avatar, they're not interesting and they take waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to kill and pose no threat (contrary to popular belief beat em ups do have strategy, at least if your goal is to not die even once), having a wide assortment of moves just makes the game too easy yet it still feels like a chore to play, there's nothing to keep you playing like a good beat em up.

Oh and it's way too fucking long, we're talking an hour and a half just to do the speed run. That long for a beat em up? Oh I forgot that games have to be long as fuck to be considered "worth the purchase" nowadays even if the developers don't actually have enough content to fill up that much time and it would have been much better to make the game short and sweet and to the point like a beat em up should be in the first fucking place.

Go figure it was made by western developers, they have no fucking clue how to make a beat em up. This game is terrible and you have terrible taste if you like it. I can't believe so many sites gave this abomination good reviews, it's like western developers are so talentless they have to buy everyone off to stay in business and gamers being idiots buy this awful game and then pretend to like it because they refuse to admit they made a terrible purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 pm 

Man I want the new Assassin's Creed so bad.. unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:33 pm 

thejew wrote:
Man I want the new Assassin's Creed so bad.. unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas.

Why? :lol:

More like ASSassin's Creed, hahahahahaha *snort snort*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next